• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
7eb3d98f016c179fd7b536cc3c57c595.jpg

Microsoft yesterday revealed a selection of Pride merch, much of which is honestly pretty sweet. However the coolest thing they showed off was the above controller, which features a certifiably incredible design, which they "will share these controllers with key influencers and media in the U.S. and internationally."

Umm, that's real shitty. I would love to have been in the meeting where at least one sane person said "If we sold these and gave 10% of the proceeds to LGBTQ+ organizations, we'd make a killing and garner a ton of goodwill", and that person was shot down with "Hmm, let's just send them to press and influencers who didn't ask for them and might not care at all".

Truly a dumb move, and it's a testament to how cool the controller is that it makes me as irrationally annoyed as it does. As a queer dude I would have jumped on this in a heartbeat, even if they charged a $10 premium for it.

My only hope is they get enough blowback on social that they come to their senses and put it up for sale.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I would buy that immediately. That shits hot. Like no for real that is one of the coolest looking controller designs ever.

I don't get the point of giving them his dug to specific people and news outlets. What dos that do???

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
That's so fucking stupid
Their decision to not sell it, not the controller I mean
Like even though I'm always super skeptical of corporations and advertisement/being inclusive on specific times, I WANT that

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say we let them hear about how much we want it! Agreed, it's beautiful.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
What is that large vertical flag that the central buttons are on? I recognise all the others.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
We need Xbox design labs to come back. Probably an e3 announcement maybe

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
They do this all the time, its hella annoying. Theres so many controllers they do either a super limited run of that you have to win or they only give to certain people, but never sell them. Idk why they just dont do them made to order.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
Politely have you and those who agree with you petition Xbox marketing execs on Twitter. They usually watch for trending stuff there. If it becomes the usual FUD that comes out of "Here" they will probably ignore it.

IMHO

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I don't know what's worse: that they've unveiled this controller and immediately announced it for influencers for PR, or the possibility that this is also a money-making opportunity where they release them to the public shortly after influencers get them.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I physically recoiled with disgust. Influencers and key media? Sell that damn controller, it looks amazing.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
They'll be on eBay for ÂŁ150 soon enough so fret not.

I can't understand why they thought giving these out to people that probably can't even tell you what LGBTQIA stands for was a good idea.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Would 100% buy this controller. They should sell them.

But bringing a new product to market, even a recolour, takes time and I'm assuming this just came through too late to bring it to market in time for their Pride month celebrations. Otherwise why wouldn't they be selling it to everyone. They have tonnnns of controller options.

Now that doesn't mean they can't work on brining this to market afterwards. Representation and showcasing things for Pride doesn't stop once June is done. They should put this in stores. Would be big.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I stopped buying controllers after getting my Elite S2, but damn I'd get that in a heartbeat.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'd buy it at a high price if they sold these and sent the proceedings to LGBTQ+ foundations.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Posting here for the cause, hope you get heard, cuz that's a really cool controller. They should be buyable.

Last edited:

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
They'll be on eBay for ÂŁ150 soon enough so fret not.

I can't understand why they thought giving these out to people that probably can't even tell you what LGBTQIA stands for was a good idea.
I would assume that the media influencers would be lgbtq+ themselves otherwise that would just be disheartening

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
This just contributes to my disgusts of "influencers" fuck those people just getting free shit. At least let me buy the damn thing, it looks awesome and I'd be down for a percentage going to charity. Like seriously charities are great, fuck Joe Middleclass influencer.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This influencer gifting whatever has got to stop

Honestly it's getting obnoxious. And then you have something that's meant to be for goodwill given to influencers and unable to be bought for anyone else. Talk about completely missing the point.

This just contributes to my disgusts of "influencers" fuck those people just getting free shit.

It's not the influencers fault that they receive free shit. It's what companies do for exposure because they think they'll get more money from it.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
hopefully when they announce the new store for customable controllers this is one of the designs you can choose

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb move, maybe they will send them into production? That's a cool ass controller and would be amazing for them to make it and donate. Influencers getting is like...the most narrow audience possible. So okay, they promote it to their viewers, and then what? It would be fine to start it with them but they should sell them too.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
It's a great design. Would have been nice to see these sold. Even if they were pricier at like $80 with the proceeds going to non profits.