• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
The 3rd Birthday
Final Fantasy Tactic: The War of the Lion
Tactics Orge: Let Us Cling Together

These titles were some of the fun PSP games, and doesn't have any reason not to appear on modern consoles and PC by now. Rather than letting these legacy be lost through time, why not give current players an opportunity to check out these titles in remastered form like better technical performance?

Imo Square Enix should really do something to preserve these titles, and I will really love to play them again on a bigger screen on modern platforms, and without having to hunt for some ancient cartridge and ancient portable device.

Last edited:

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Please leave Crisis Core and 3rd Birthday where they are. No one needs to go through that garbage again.

War of the Lions on the other hand.... Get on it, SE. Port the excellent mobile version over just so I can have it in my steam library.

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Dissidia they probably have no interest since they have the new game out.
FFT and Crisis Core will happen sooner or later most likely
3rd Birthday bombed/people hate so probably won't happen.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
OP, you're missing maybe the biggest one -- Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together.

But yeah, we need all of these on modern platforms.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
i expect crisis core since 7 is back in the limelight and they'll want something for the ultimate collection when the 8th part ships in 20 years

edit: I forgot about gackt lol. What a fucking weird game
War of the lions is really curious why it hasn't happened yet

3rd birthday is shit and deserves nothing

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Crisis Core will probably never happen thanks to that no-talent hack Gackt, and SE probably took the wrong lesson from Dissidia Arcade to bring back the PSP titles to console.

Doesn't matter if they don't have source code to work with/learn from, it would mean starting from scratch.
It that confirmed, tho. I can understand losing source code in the PS1 days, but PSP was two full generations later.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Crisis Core is blocked because of Gackt's likeness/music right?

FFT on Switch would be amazing.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
My want list:
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  • Star Ocean: Second Evolution
  • Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
  • Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
FFT:WoTL on PC is my most wanted SE game right now. Can't believe it hasn't happened yet with the mobile version being out so long.

Also would love to have Dissidia 012 since the new one was a huge disappointment.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take all of those but 3rd Birthday would probably kill off any remaining hope of a new PE project so I'd rather that stay where it's at.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I know this isn't Square but I would fight somebody for a HD port of Metal Gear Ac!d 1+2 on modern consoles. They aren't even on PSN, so the only way you can play them is via UMD on the PSP.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Final Fantasy I, II, III and IV

Modern console ports of FFIII would be based on the PC version though.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, the PSP is not ancient. Colecovision is ancient, the PSP is very accessible.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
weird how Tactics (FF, Ogre, the "franchise" in general) keeps getting the shaft in every regard

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, The 3rd Birthday. That's a name I've not heard in a very long time. I remember really wanting it in the lead up to its release, but never got around to it before my PSP died.

I'm not personally big on remasters, but I'm surprised these games, especially the highly rated Tactics Ogre, are still stuck on a two generation old handheld.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I just want to play those beautiful classic Final Fantasy remakes on PC. I feel like this is the year Square Enix will begin their modern ports phase. I hope.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
You could always buy the UMD and then play on PC using an emulator. Seems like these games are available for pretty reasonable prices on Amazon.

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FFT is out for mobile, but the lack of Tactics Ogre on current platforms is an insult. The other games you listed are pretty trash, to be honest. PSP had great games, but it also had a bunch of garbage that people only played for the spectacle.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
The reason FFT hasn't been released yet is because they're waiting to show the high fidelity remake that incorporates the cutscene style of War of the Lions alongside the new Matsuno led sequel. Obviously.

The real travesty is Valkyrie Profile. That's missing because Square Enix decided Earth did not deserve the franchise, and they're going to punish us by killing the franchise. Thanks world.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most companies haven't ported their PSP games over to other systems.