• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lirose

May 30, 2018
Yes, but it's a personal preference thing not everyone will agree on any one being the best. Watched some of the trailers posted in here, some were so boring.

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, it never was. But typically when people say something is THE best ever, it usually isn't. I expect to say this again in a few months lol. Just feels to me like the OP is being posted in bad faith because I doubt anything will change their perspective and they're just looking for validation of their opinion tbh

Last edited:

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
If you read the OP I stated that I ask the question pretty much once every year.

I didn't want to revive and old thread.. I wanted people to post new trailers that could be better than the BOTW one.
90% of people here disagree with your opinion, so why not settle this with a poll?
Look through all of your threads and use the ones most frequently mentioned.
If BOTW doesn't win, please stop making this threads?

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I really love the God of war 2016 reveal/gameplay trailer. Kratos walking out of the shadows and then accurately showing where they're taking the series was incredibly impressive. That reveal was pure hype. But yeah BOTW trailer is up there

Edit: this is the trailer

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
when anyone makes a thread a titles it in the vein of "the best evar!!", you'll get plenty of responses of "well, no" cause your question is so definitive. Like, there's not even the caveat of "in gaming" in which i can think of like a dozen film trailers that are better. maybe folks should just be like "hey, this trailer is really rad huh?" or something like that instead?
Duplicate threads, even the OP is the same:
www.resetera.com

The best game trailer of all time.. period

Change my mind if you can but everytime I watch this I just get hyped again like the 1st time I saw it.
www.resetera.com

This trailer represents all that I want from BOTW 2

So epic.. the music.. the action and a more story-driven adventure. Keep the exploration but just add lots of dungeons with secrets and big bosses.. improvements to combat and a slightly more linear path from start to finish. I've always been really critic with BOTW because I can see the...

Also, not even the best Zelda trailer.
lmao you know what. nevermind. OP you just keep doing you

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Great trailer, better than the game, but any trailer of MGSV is GOAT, also better trailers than the game.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Duplicate threads, even the OP is the same:
www.resetera.com

The best game trailer of all time.. period

Change my mind if you can but everytime I watch this I just get hyped again like the 1st time I saw it.
www.resetera.com

This trailer represents all that I want from BOTW 2

So epic.. the music.. the action and a more story-driven adventure. Keep the exploration but just add lots of dungeons with secrets and big bosses.. improvements to combat and a slightly more linear path from start to finish. I've always been really critic with BOTW because I can see the...

Also, not even the best Zelda trailer.
Lol

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I really love the God of war 2016 reveal/gameplay trailer. Kratos walking out of the shadows and then accurately showing where they're taking the series was incredibly impressive. That reveal was pure hype. But yeah BOTW trailer is up there

Edit: this is the trailer

that was a great reveal but i really liked what they did a year later cutting this gameplay/story trailer:

this for me really brought the hype

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Everyone who agrees with this is superfluous
Everyone who disagrees with this are blasphemers

The BOTW trailer is truth!

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
You need to chill bro.

How am I not chilled? What an odd reply.

The OP said they do this yearly, so I asked why? I mean the crux of the discussion is "is this the best trailer of all time?" I didn't realize this was something people were compiling lists for thus trying to understand why it needs to be reinforced yearly.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's very far from the best trailer ever. There's one with more impact, more iconic and plain better put together.

Jul 24, 2020

The OP said they do this yearly, so I asked why? I mean the crux of the discussion is "is this the best trailer of all time?" I didn't realize this was something people were compiling lists for thus trying to understand why it needs to be reinforced yearly.

What does it matter what OP wants to do?

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I ask this question pretty much once every year after new contenders appear and still nothing can beat this one.

Everything about this trailer is epic and I can't find anytthing else that can come close to this.

Update: I'm only talking about the quality of the trailer and the music.. if it's misleading or not that's not the idea of the thread.

Japanese Voices

English Voices

Any worthy contenders?

Even though it came before, this is easily one of the greatest trailers I have ever seen:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

The OP said they do this yearly, so I asked why? I mean the crux of the discussion is "Is this the best trailer of all time?" I didn't realize this was something people were compiling lists for thus trying to understand why it needs to be reinforced yearly.

We already found a June Repost and they didn't even respond to any of the trailers listed in that one.

We're still waiting on opinions on new trailers posted in this one.

Sorta feels like a bad-faith discussion if you aren't even going to open up your mind to other possibilities.

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, MGS2's trailer is still legendary to this day, it was unreal at the time:

I'll put Twilight Princess's reveal trailer with the Conan music as one of the best Zelda trailers ever as well:

At the time that trailer was shown, Nintendo had a huge "kiddy" stigma surrounding it, and a lot of fans were still upset about zelda's art style in Wind Waker adding to that. When Twilight Princess's trailer was released with that amazing music, and seeing adult/realistic link again, people went ape shit.

Mass Effect 2's launch trailer with the incredibly epic music is still awesome. Coming off the amazing first game and couldnt wait for the follow up:

MGS5's red band trailer with "Sins of the Father" was also incredible:

I'd put all of those ahead of the BOTW trailer imo.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, Diablo 4 is better.

giphy.gif

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, MGS2's trailer is still legendary to this day, it was unreal at the time:

Yeah that is probably the GOAT. I think they won e3 two years in a row with just trailers of the game. And the hype from those trailers is unlike anything I have ever seen. It was impossible for the game to live up to that hype (and it was a really good game).

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
For me personally, best trailer I've seen. I rewatch it often and still get goosebumps. Kind of makes the game out to have more of a story than it actually has, but as a trailer it is very well edited.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wouldn't say so at all TBH. Initial music cues and views of the scenery are nice but as soon as it shows Link and switches to focus on game it's by the numbers and the music score is nice but hardly exceptional and it's pretty forced.

For example the PS3 trailer for The Last Guardian is pretty similar in tone/approach but is better in every way for me. Better editing, composition and music cues and it really does create sense of mystery.

Sorry can't seem to find HD version but presume there's one around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl13G5lwrKI

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
That was a good trailer with great music. Wish the game had music like that (also wish the game was like that).

Oct 25, 2017
I have always thought it was good but after reading this thread and seeing other trailers that are considered the best i agree the BOTW one is the best one.

A lot of the trailers posted feel like they are afraid of showing the game.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Dunno, i'd say the one liner of the sc2 trailer alone blow it away, the shadowbringer trailer above is epic, looks great, has a godly track and make me want to become the warrior of darkness by the end. The Botw one just looks like a random landscape trailer for an MMO that wants to showcase how the different region will look like.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
For me, it's this "Evil is powerful, courage is solid" just so chessy, I was so hyped for the finale.

I found MGS4 wasn't a great ending, but it was a really over the top, and very enjoyable mixed bag.