• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is it?

• Not at all. And I actually think it's a good idea.

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • It's quite crazy, but I can see the appeal of the idea.

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • All I can say is that my heart says maybe.

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Very crazy. The odds of this happening are minimal.

Votes: 87 25.4%
  • What? It's beyond crazy!

Votes: 203 59.4%

• Total voters

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
76e5e98ad7bf954ca005ff4c2b00014d.jpg

I was watching some Ori and the Will of the Wisps on the Switch and I started to think about this.

Metroid is one of Nintendo's legendary franchises, but in terms of sales it's a very modest one. So, wouldn't it make sense to expand its reach? I think there might be an entire new market for the Metroid games, especially the Prime trilogy, if that happened. And I don't think Nintendo has much to lose here, it's not like people will stop buying their consoles to buy a xbox.

I don't know how close Microsoft and Nintendo are, but if a game from Microsoft Studios can be released on the Switch the other way can happen as well surely?

I want more Metroid...

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love a Metroid Prime collection with mouse support, but it's never gonna happen.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
nintendo wants people to buy into their ecosystem so they can make more money on licensing. thats what first party games and exclusives do

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Good luck getting Nintendo to release their mainline games on other platforms.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Yea it's crazy. A crossover game would be far more plausible than pure Metroid on Xbox

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
Nintendo gains nothing from this. Microsoft wants Minecraft as many places as possible. Less than zero chance a nintendo title releases for Xbox or PlayStation.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo only needs you to want ONE game for you to get their system, Metroid is that one game for a lot of people.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
nintendo wants people to buy into their ecosystem so they can make more money on licensing. thats what first party games and exclusives do

But there are literally tens of millions of people that are not interested in that ecosystem. Especially for a game that might have some broader appeal but isn't finding a large audience on Nintendo hardware, expanding out could mean a huge return on investment.

But this argument is true of a lto of exclusives and these corporaitons don't seem to get, aside from maybe Microsoft.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Guys is it crazy for Uncharted 5 to be on nintendo switch?

Guys is it crazy for Pokemon to be on PS5!?

How do you even type all this out think about it then say yeah this is a possible thing we can discuss and debate about and not stop and go, wait no this is dumb.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Nintendo will go under before they put their games on other consoles.

Least of all Metroid, lol.

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Guys is it crazy for Uncharted 5 to be on nintendo switch?

Guys is it crazy for Pokemon to be on PS5!?

How do you even type all this out think about it then say yeah this is a possible thing we can discuss and debate about and not stop and go, wait no this is dumb.

Surely those are very different examples. There are Pokemon titles that outsell the entire Metroid franchise...

Oct 25, 2017
Not happening.
This isn't a Wonderful 101 situation either where the game is co-owned by another studio. Metroid is 100% Nintendo.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Surely those are very different examples. There are Pokemon titles that outsell the entire Metroid franchise...
Metroid is a legacy franchise to them. It's no different in their eyes. Samus and the Metroid series while not always present is a very Nintendo franchise. They just dont give out their toys.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
These acquisitions have Sony fans wanting Sony to buy every nostalgic dream they have, and we now run on a general assumption that Microsoft is partnering with or buying the entire gaming world.

This isn't happening.

TurdFerguson

Oct 28, 2017
Norway
That's crazy AF, but I would love to see it happen. I honestly don't see any downsides to being able to play Metroid Prime with KB/M at 60 FPS+++.

Oct 27, 2017
If you're asking if it fits in THEMATICALLY with the Xbox's line-up, I suppose it does...

But see, Microsoft's systems have pretty robust third-party support, so they can afford to toss a couple of former exclusives to Nintendo and not really suffer. Nintendo, on the other hand, pretty much ONLY has their first-party games to bank on in terms of strong system sellers, so they have very, very little incentive to allow ANY of their franchises to stray from their homes.