• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Eh, it's the lesser screen, not a shitty screen. It still looks good to my eye, and going by XR sales I'm guessing most people don't really mind it either.

I'll agree with you it's not the best screen Apple could have put on it, but it's not a shitty one.

Well, it's not like putting OLED in 11 will cost them millions. They just get a bit less profit which they still choose not to do because majoritor of the people wouldn't care ( they might be able to tell the different if they ever use OLED before, the colour depth and black level is night and day ).

It's absurd when people praise Apple for reducing the price and say this is the most valuable/worth the money model they could ever push out. I mean the phone itself is still expensive consider technology they put in there. The proper upgrade one is in pro version which is still up at 1000+ price point.

Can't blame Apple though, they do what is best for them ( making money ). And there are people who are happily to pay for that. Demand and supply after all.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's not like putting OLED in 11 will cost them millions. They just get a bit less profit which they still choose not to do because majoritor of the people wouldn't care ( they might be able to tell the different if they ever use OLED before, the colour depth and black level is night and day ).

It's absurd when people praise Apple for reducing the price and say this is the most valuable/worth the money model they could ever push out. I mean the phone itself is still expensive consider technology they put in there. The proper upgrade one is in pro version which is still up at 1000+ price point.

Can't blame Apple though, they do what is best for them ( making money ). And there are people who are happily to pay for that. Demand and supply after all.

If they're making even a dollar less on each phone, it will indeed be costing them tens of millions.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
The 11 screen should have been OLED and the Pro screen should have been 120hz.

I'm pretty sure he just keeps the iPhone around because he really loves the Apple Watch
This is why I have an X in my pocket with a OP7Pro too, lol. That means having my SIM in my iPhone though so it seems like having an Android isn't worth it.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone ever traded in a phone at Best Buy? I'm trading an iPhone 8 plus but see nowhere on my online order where it tells me I'm trading anything in. It simply took off the trade in from the total price and that's that...When I go to get my phone tomorrow, are they even going to mention the trade in?

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone ever traded in a phone at Best Buy? I'm trading an iPhone 8 plus but see nowhere on my online order where it tells me I'm trading anything in. It simply took off the trade in from the total price and that's that...When I go to get my phone tomorrow, are they even going to mention the trade in?

I believe they can take care of it in store. Otherwise, they'll ship you a coffin.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody know if Walmart would have extra stock on hand? Online says none available for pickup or reserve in store, is that all of their supply?

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
MKBHD Review

he says it is probably the best smartphone camera in daylight he's used. Night mode he Says theres no winner per se, but he likes the UI and detail of iPhone the most. He says iPhone still wins video.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
MKBHD Review

he says it is probably the best smartphone camera in daylight he's used. Night mode he Says theres no winner per se, but he likes the UI and detail of iPhone the most. He says iPhone still wins video.

Finally.

And just about what I expected.

iOS13 glitchiness is now being reported by both MKBHD and The Verge, wonder exactly what kinda issues they're having. I know they briefly touch on it in both videos but it seems to leave my mind without visual representation. Guess I'll find out soon, lol...

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Getting it today.... hopefully. I'm not sure what time it'll get here but there's a chance I might need to pick it up tomorrow if no one is home.

Im so excited to be released from this 4 inch screen. It has been at least 5 years.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Finally.

And just about what I expected.

iOS13 glitchiness is now being reported by both MKBHD and The Verge, wonder exactly what kinda issues they're having. I know they briefly touch on it in both videos but it seems to leave my mind without visual representation. Guess I'll find out soon, lol...
ios13's beta has been buggy since the start. I'm actually on like iOS13.1.3 now... Apple has been making a lot of updates, they must be aware of the issues.

still, dark mode makes it all worthwhile.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was going to hold on to my Xs Max, but since I'm switching over to AT&T from T-Mobile, I'm like fuck it, new carrier, new phone, hello 11 Pro Max

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MKBHD Review

Surprising that a video focusing on the camera doesn't go into the telephoto lens. Edit: Apparently the toggle in settings doesn't actually turn off the wide angle preview.

Last edited:

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
At what point were people able to use reference number at ups for their orders? Mine just hit Preparing to Ship for a Sept 30 delivery.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprising that a video focusing on the camera doesn't go into the telephoto lens and gets the complaint about seeing the preview of the ultra wide shot lacking a toggle completely wrong.

I don't see any toggle for that in Camera settings?

At any rate -- if you turn on the option to capture outside of the frame (deleted after 30 days) how do you get to those pictures?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see any toggle for that in Camera settings?

At any rate -- if you turn on the option to capture outside of the frame (deleted after 30 days) how do you get to those pictures?
Settings - Camera - Photos capture outside the frame slider/toggle. As for getting to those photos individually not sure.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Settings - Camera - Photos capture outside the frame slider/toggle. As for getting to those photos individually not sure.

yeah, that's the setting I mention -- no idea how to get those photos within 30 days but it is neither here nor there -- it doesn't turn on/off the the ultra-wide preview when taking wide photos

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, that's the setting I mention -- no idea how to get those photos within 30 days but it is neither here nor there -- it doesn't turn on/off the the ultra-wide preview when taking wide photos
Toggle didn't work? That's bizarre...it should. I don't think the preview version of those photos actually gets saved for the user, it's probably temp memory used for the processing functions like that stitching feature and then eventually wiped.

Oct 28, 2017

Right now, there is no way to turn it off manually. It does disappear when you focus lock and are about to take a photo, however.

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I preordered my phone the first day, and I'm awaiting on a October 4th delivery date. I can see my local Apple store has it in stock today.

I'm on the Apple upgrade program. Can I cancel order and redo at my local Apple store or will the mess up the whole credit approval process I already went through?

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
wife wants a good clear case for the 11 Pro. Any recommendations?

I've had a few clear cases over the past few years and I always end up hating them. The Apple one is my favorite one I've used so far. It's tough to swallow the $40 price when Spiegen and others are selling options for $10-15 on Amazon, but I'm happy with it for now!

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I preordered my phone the first day, and I'm awaiting on a October 4th delivery date. I can see my local Apple store has it in stock today.

I'm on the Apple upgrade program. Can I cancel order and redo at my local Apple store or will the mess up the whole credit approval process I already went through?

When it comes to the upgrade program, the general advice is don't rock the boat. Your plan would work assuming nothing goes wrong and your carrier doesn't hold anything up, which sometimes happens

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When it comes to the upgrade program, the general advice is don't rock the boat. Your plan would work assuming nothing goes wrong and your carrier doesn't hold anything up, which sometimes happens

Yeeeeah, that's what I figured. The waiting pain is real lol. I called the Apple helpline and spoke to a very nice woman, she basically said the same thing. She said I definitely could cancel, but the Citizen's One loan would take 24-48 to fully go through. By then, I might well just wait the remain week and not potentially add any extra weirdness to my bill.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
Go with the Apple one if you don't mind the price. Alternatively check one of Spigen's offerings. They tend to strike the right balance between quality and cost.
I've had a few clear cases over the past few years and I always end up hating them. The Apple one is my favorite one I've used so far. It's tough to swallow the $40 price when Spiegen and others are selling options for $10-15 on Amazon, but I'm happy with it for now!

Thanks folks will look at the Spiegen one.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Go with the Apple one if you don't mind the price. Alternatively check one of Spigen's offerings. They tend to strike the right balance between quality and cost.
I agree with the Spigen recommendation. Someone else recommended Spigen's Liquid crystal case to me a few days ago and I decided to get it. Really happy with it so far!

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the new iPhone transfer work better than iCloud? Meaning, the phone gets cloned to a new one and I don't have to rearrange my apps again? Setting up my folders is always a pain.