• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

📱?

• iPhone 11

Votes: 224 11.6%
  • iPhone 11 Pro

Votes: 251 13.0%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max

Votes: 311 16.1%
  • Pass

Votes: 1,148 59.4%

• Total voters

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
So if I wanted to make sure to get my order in as early as possible, what's my best bet? Webpage or apple app through my ipad (my iphone is so crappy I don't trust it wouldn't crash in the middle or I'd do it cause they'd already know the trade in I have at that point).

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still so torn on which one to get.

I had 6 Plus, 7 Plus but then went the X and then XS, so now I'm unsure whether to return to the larger size.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'm still so torn on which one to get.

I had 6 Plus, 7 Plus but then went the X and then XS, so now I'm unsure whether to return to the larger size.
I had the same dilemma and after using the X/ XS I wasn't sure what to do. However, as I hardly use the iPad these days, I decided to go back to the larger size (after 7 plus, I should be used to it) to "combine" phone and tablet and as I use it for media/ gaming/ photography, I think it's the best choice.

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
I'd expected the Pros at a different event. That they did the normal iPad at this even signals to me it'll probably be next year not in a month or two though. Seems we haven't heard much in that area...

The last few years, Apple has hosted an October event after their September event. Usually Mac and / or iPad centric so we'll see if that continues this year...

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I think I may try to get into the Upgrade program.

I recently got a (used) Xs Max for $700, because I had lost my previous phone. So if I trade that in, I can get $600 towards the new phone, and then keep upgrading perpetually. I guess I can do that?

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great. I bought an apple store gift card to cover a bit of the cost so the rest could all go on the Apple card. And now that's still processing and they brought the whole store down until pre orders a live.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So MetroPCS has a thing that if you switch with them you can get an iPhone 7 32gb for $50 and then I read that with t-mobile that if you trade in a iPhone 7, you can get 50% off the iPhone 11?

Has anybody done this with their iPhone 7?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Holy fuck I just saw the Filmic Pro stuff (I know, two days late). That's so cool. Filming a wide and telephoto at once will be useful for so many things. Doing front and back at the same time will be great for bloggers and interviews etc.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
I'm on a 7 and I think the glass effect and cameras look amazing. But holding out for 2020 to skip the notch (hopefully). Not for me.

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah I was assuming an October event until they dropped a new iPad at this one. That plus lack of leaks makes me think it won't happen so soon. I'd like it to tho

I think there will be an October event... we still have:

New MacBook Pro (16")
New iPad Pro
Mac Pro and Display (maybe just a press release announcement though?)
Apple Tags

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
So if I wanted to make sure to get my order in as early as possible, what's my best bet? Webpage or apple app through my ipad (my iphone is so crappy I don't trust it wouldn't crash in the middle or I'd do it cause they'd already know the trade in I have at that point).

Apple app via Apple Pay is the fastest, I think. Make sure you have the exact model you want saved as a favourite so you can access it quicker.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Damn, the Pro's camera quality is EXACTLY what I've been waiting for an iPhone to have, definitely getting me one, although probably not to next month at the earliest.

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, slightly confused about the process in the UK - if I want to get on the upgrade program (or apple payments) do I still preorder online today at 1pm, or do I have to go to a store? The website says IUP and AP are only available in-store...

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok thanks, so is it just a case of going through the process of preordering but picking collection? Or is there specifically an "I want to join IUP" during the preorder?
Im struggling to remember, sorry but if I am not mistaken when you are asked how to pay you can select the iUP and then you make your appointment.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I've used my iPad pro 11inch constantly since I bought it and I really dunno what they could add.

is the new MacBook Pro going to have the new keyboard people rumour of?

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting a 256GB 11 pro. Probably green. I'm not particularly excited about it. I think this is one of the least interesting updates to the iPhone in several years. In many aspects, it's a refinement. And that's nice. But it seems like Apple has found a habit of stepping backwards on key technology every few years. I still miss TouchID, which was a more convenient, faster solution than FaceID. FaceID works fine but it's just not quite as good, and it's a shame to have it as the only biometric auth option. I think it makes more sense on something like a MacBook, which frustratingly uses TouchID. The use cases are opposed; Apple's solutions here are totally backwards. And now they've also taken a step back with haptic touch replacing 3D Touch, which was a terrific solution for adding new, responsive inputs on the touchscreen. All these secondary inputs are going to take just that much longer now. They had a good solution for years. Now they switch to something slightly worse, slightly slower. It's frustrating.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
I'm getting a 256GB 11 pro. Probably green. I'm not particularly excited about it. I think this is one of the least interesting updates to the iPhone in several years. In many aspects, it's a refinement. And that's nice. But it seems like Apple has found a habit of stepping backwards on key technology every few years. I still miss TouchID, which was a more convenient, faster solution than FaceID. FaceID works fine but it's just not quite as good, and it's a shame to have it as the only biometric auth option.
I'm on the other side of the spectrum. I am excited. An awesome new color, finally Ultra wide. I love faceID over Touch ID because my skin and those sensors don't like each other.

The remove of 3D touch is the only thing I miss, but in the end I had no problem with it while using the XR for some months.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im in for the 64 gb 11 pro max in silver ( i wish they still had jet black ). Cant pre order though so hopefully i can get one within the next month or so

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Can't decide between the 11 or the Pro. Pics aren't really my thing so don't think I will get the benefit of all the extra camera stuff so hard to justify the extra cost for it really so might just stick with the 11 and see what changes come next year to see if it's worth getting the top line one

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That green is a great new color that hopefully sticks around unlike rose gold, but man that all white silver with no text on the back...

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Can't decide between the 11 or the Pro. Pics aren't really my thing so don't think I will get the benefit of all the extra camera stuff so hard to justify the extra cost for it really so might just stick with the 11 and see what changes come next year to see if it's worth getting the top line one
11 is probably the better value. I imagine it will be like last year with the XR where the 11 sells way more.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm upgrading to the 11P from the 6 so I've completely skipped 3D Touch and won't be missing it all that much 🤪.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck i am gonna miss 3D touch, but man Apple did not even attempt to let people know it exists, NO ONE I know uses it.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
I liked 3D Touch but don't care that it's gone now. Haptic Touch is just as fine and is implemented well.