• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
They should just add a delete option to the context menu, no idea why that's not a thing when you got power user features like "Prioritize download" (mind blown when I discovered this yesterday) there.

This has been a problem for yonks on the Mac, LOL. But at least on the Mac, you can paste it into TextEdit (as a plain text file) before recopying it to Mail.
macOS even has a stock key combo to paste unformatted, I use it all the time: option + shift + cmd + v

You could probably work around the formatting issue by using a shortcut on ios that reads the current clipboard text and copies it back to it.

Last edited:

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
So, am I really dumb or you can't save an image from Google Search directly for files? Yesterday I had to download it to photos and then export that to files. On the iPadOS. I haven't tried it on my phone.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Dark mode!
Dark mode!
Dark mode!

God, cant wait for the ability to finally switch things up on my iPad air 3 and stealth black it out. Changed to full on dark mode on my galaxy a70 when I got it last month and loving the battery savings, ofc its oled so it wont apply to the iPad, use my ipad in the dark without having to set night mode to high and set my widgets on my home screen. should definitely boost my productivity.

Ps4 controller support is fucking hype too.

cjp

Oct 29, 2017
In iOS 12 you can hit share instead of copy, and the copy function on the share sheet copies unformatted. Does that not work in iOS 13?

My first attempt with this last night preserved the formatting but when I've tried again today it does seem to have pasted it as plain text. Thanks for the suggestion, hopefully I'll be able to use this as a workaround.

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for iOS 13. I hope the performance on the 8 is as amazing as iOS 12, especially the battery.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
iOS day can be more exciting that iPhone day sometimes with software improving more than hardware depending on the cycle. 2 ish hours to go! I usually try and get in before the servers get too hammered.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
iOS day can be more exciting that iPhone day sometimes with software improving more than hardware depending on the cycle. 2 ish hours to go! I usually try and get in before the servers get too hammered.
it is for me this year

cause my 11pro is not much of an apparent upgrade over the X line i have. but ios13 is what brings the change. Dark mode, UI changes and editing features are more significant than a camera upgrade

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Anything I need to do today since I'm on the GM? Will 13.1 be pushed to my device (when it's eventually released) as if I installed 13.0 today?

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Has iOS 13 made any improvements in remembering the last audio source app better?
Damn. They are usually so meticulous about everything dealing with audio and latency. This just seems like a major oversight that has stuck around too long.
Seriously. If they want to stick with the current memory usage and multitasking model, then at least address stuff like this through software. It's incredibly annoying that every single time I plug my phone in to my car, somehow it has forgotten what app was playing, and where it was at.
Didn't realize how much this annoys me. My phone automatically opening Apple Music when I just used Spotify is ridiculous.

So, over the last year I've noticed that this is only a problem when I use the Google search app.

iOS almost always remembers my last used audio source, except for if I load the Google search app. Nearly without any exceptions, if I load the Google search app, then that would immediately make iOS "forget" my last audio source.

Maybe there's a bug in the Google app where it acts like the primary audio source temporarily, thereby cancelling out the previous audio source?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
So, over the last year I've noticed that this is only a problem when I use the Google search app.

iOS almost always remembers my last used audio source, except for if I load the Google search app. Nearly without any exceptions, if I load the Google search app, then that would immediately make iOS "forget" my last audio source.

Maybe there's a bug in the Google app where it acts like the primary audio source temporarily, thereby cancelling out the previous audio source?

I've had it happen after youtube videos, twitter videos, streamja links, imgur videos and also autoplay ads in browser. So I don't think it is just the google app.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I want the new Reminders app so bad, it's a bummer that iPadOS is only releasing on the 30 and macOS Catalina who knows when.

I know I could just not activate the new version until all updates are out, but I really want to use it on the phone already. In the next few days my beloved synchronicity will be like

zdDEU75.png

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
Currently on PB 13.1, but wasn't Siri meant to have a new voice engine? I literally can't hear a difference. Maybe it's server side and won't go live until it's actually out?

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would iOS upgrades work with no home button? I've been using my phone w assistive touch software home button the last few weeks as I managed to kill the button when I opened up my phone to assess water damage.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Avoir watchOS 6. I deleted the beta profile on my watch app. Should upgrade today right ?

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
It's really frustrating they don't release iOS and macOS around same time as there's so many handoff/icloud shared apps.

As mentioned someone above, I want to use Reminders app ASAP but can't until macOS is updated. So I'll stay on Things 3 for now.

I remember when they updated photos app and I couldn't update until macOS was available.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Still not showing up yet, sites posted the updates for watch os and iOS are out but I'm not sure if that was just automatic since it's always out around 1.

Ryhian

Jan 23, 2018
Anyone know if iOS 13 can be downloaded OTA with cellular on an iPhone or if you have to be on WiFi?

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really frustrating they don't release iOS and macOS around same time as there's so many handoff/icloud shared apps.

As mentioned someone above, I want to use Reminders app ASAP but can't until macOS is updated. So I'll stay on Things 3 for now.

I remember when they updated photos app and I couldn't update until macOS was available.

It's even worse this year because the iPad isn't getting the update for another two weeks either, so everything is gonna be out of sync.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Out through OTA/the software update menu setting! Downloading now (2.23gb, I believe).

Mar 3, 2018
so I had downloaded Ios 13 beta two days ago to check things out, and I just checked software update and all I see for install and download is IoS 13 beta 4. Do I need to do something else to see the proper release?

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017