• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Ohh looks cool

We're all counting down the days till we rejoin Ellie in her journey next month, and today, we are thrilled to announce the Limited Edition The Last of Us Part II PlayStation 4 Pro bundle, which will launch alongside the game on June 19, 2020. This special bundle features a fully customized matte finish PS4 Pro console engraved with Ellie's tattoo design, a Limited Edition DualShock 4 Wireless Controller, a physical copy of The Last of Us Part II game, as well as a code to redeem digital content* such as The Last of Us Part II PS4 dynamic theme, avatars, and more. This limited edition bundle will be available across the U.S. and Canada for $399.99 USD (MSRP) / $499.99 CAD (MSRP).

The Limited Edition DualShock 4 Wireless Controller also will be available as a standalone for $64.99 USD (MSRP) / $74.99 CAD (MSRP). Presented in a Steel Black matte finish with white detailing and PlayStation shapes, this Limited Edition wireless controller features Ellie's iconic fern tattoo engraved on the lower right hand side and The Last of Us Part II logo on the touchpad.

John Sweeney, Art Director at Naughty Dog, shared some background and inspiration behind the design:

When we first revealed The Last of Us Part II, we had no idea how quickly fans would embrace Ellie's tattoo. Within a day, we started seeing real-life versions showing up on social media and fans have been sharing photos of their new tattoos with us week after week ever since.

When the opportunity arose to create a custom PS4 Pro for The Last of Us Part II, I worked with our graphic designer at the time, Angel Garcia, and we considered a few different ideas, but we kept coming back to Ellie's tattoo. By that point, it had become a symbol of the game and for the community–much like the Firefly logo in the first game. It was the clear choice, but we wondered: what if it could be engraved? It hadn't been done before, so we weren't sure it was even possible, but thanks to the incredible efforts of the teams at PlayStation, we found a way.

The result is something we feel is really special–a design that honors the passion of our incredible fans and that we ourselves would be proud to own.

We can't wait for you to see it in person and for you to experience The Last of Us Part II for yourselves!

Furthermore, we're also launching a Limited Edition Gold Wireless Headset presented in a Steel Black matte finish with contrasting, crimson inner ear cups – this stylish wireless headset features Ellie's fern tattoo and the game logo. The headset will be available for $99.99 USD (MSRP) / $119.99 CAD (MSRP).
Lastly, we're partnering with Seagate to introduce the Limited Edition The Last of Us Part II Officially Licensed Seagate 2TB Game Drive. The officially licensed Game Drive features a laser-etched design of Ellie's tattoo, and offers an external hard drive upgrade for PS4 systems (software version 4.50 or higher), with the capacity to install 50+ games**. The Game Drive will be available for $89.99 USD (MSRP) / $114.99 CAD (MSRP).

Last edited:

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
There'a also a Gold headset and a 2 TB hard drive.

Not gonna lie, this looks really sweet.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
LE consoles at this point in the life cycle are so strange to me, but it'd be beautiful if not for the text.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
49910238438_c648b7ca1jjjgh.jpg

49910756986_d05a9d253wnky3.jpg

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Looks okay but just like the Cyberpunk Xbox One X I'd rather have a limited edition ps5. Excited for the game though.

Last edited:

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Damn it, told myself I wouldn't buy a pro this late in the game. But this looks fantastic!

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Neat! Like the engraving idea.
But yeh they should have aimed the price a bit lower to be honest since next-gen is around the corner....

sasnak

Dec 4, 2018
I think it's too late to get a brand new PS4 but I might snag one of those controllers.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
That looks good. Especially that SteelBook for the game.

Though, I'm not sure how well that limited edition gonna sell with that price this close to next gen.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't expect them to release Limited Edition of PS4 due to lifecycle and COVID (production problem ?)
Can't wait to see that Ghost of Tsushima Limited Edition if there will be one

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
The tattoo art would have been enough imo, the text makes it looks worse.

Also wrong console reveal we wanted Sony. ;)

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but why would i buy this when the ps5 launches this fall and is backwards compatible?

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do they always ruin these with those damn awful texts on the front. The top part is great but the text ruins the console.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Damn why didn't this arrive earlier in the generation, ain't gonna buy somethimg like this with the PS5 around the corner

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Really slick looking console. I wish more custom consoles knew to just keep it simple and clean.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really like it. My Pro is on its way out too. Always kept very clean, etc, but unfortunately, sounds like the fans bearing is dying. My fan makes the wildest clicking noise and I'm scared it's a matter of time until it stops working entirely.

gives me more of a reason to possibly buy this

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If we weren't so close to the new consoles i would be all over this. Nice simple design I can get behind.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Looks great, much better than usual, I'll give them that.

But with the CE and steelbook edition I'll already be paying over $200. Might try to nab the press kit on ebay as well.

That and it's just too late in the gen.