• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Layer of Fear guys right...I liked those games and especially Observer also but man,especially the first Layer was a slideshow at times on the ONE...I hope they can fix that with the power of the Series X for this game,looks amazing...

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't think the presentation was as bad as others did. They showed some interesting titles and it was basically packed wall to wall with trailers. I guess I wasn't swayed by the term gameplay because I figured it would be all about trailers.

Taking time to create polished gameplay demos this year while people are working from home will be next to impossible.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Timed or permanently? Would be weird to not have it on PS5 eventually but I'll try it one way or the other. Would it require SSD on PC?
You would think console exclusive would mean console exclusive, but admittedly it could be hard to tell due to how loosely the term "console exclusive" has been used in the past. Although they've gotten better at using launch exclusive if it's timed, so for now, I can only assume it's permanently a console exclusive.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't discount this game because they made BW or even Layers of Fear. They are very talented studio that had limited budget. With MS backing, I think many will be suprise by this game.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't have been the only one who, as soon as they heard the music, said to themselves that it sounded something out of Silent Hill and what do you know it is due to the composer being the same person .

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Is this game going to let you instantly swap between dimensions, sort of like Soul Reaver but at a far higher fidelity? If s, maybe that's why it needs an SSD and it's next gen only?

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
This game looks so good and gives me Alan Wake vibes, i hope it'll support ray tracing on PC too

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
They said this game is only possible on next gen thanks to the SSD among other things, i'm curious to see if an SSD will be required on PC then, i'm ready with 2TB Sabrent NVMe

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
While the other side has been obviously inspired by the works of polish artist Zdzislaw Beksinski
directly copy pasting some of his work in the concept art of this game is something that is incredibly sketch.

Up45XEy.jpg

I dont have any problem, with making artwork that looks like its made by beksinski, but direcly copy pasting an editing original works into it is not a good look.

Last edited:

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
You would think console exclusive would mean console exclusive, but admittedly it could be hard to tell due to how loosely the term "console exclusive" has been used in the past. Although they've gotten better at using launch exclusive if it's timed, so for now, I can only assume it's permanently a console exclusive.

Well, I believe it was a similar situation with Blair Witch that came to PS4 a while later. Would be good for them to clarify if possible!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
man, Constantine is exactly what I thought about when I saw that gif 5 mins ago.

also, didn't the old Shadowman games have realm switching too?
ShadowMan had loading screens when going between Deadside and Lifeside, though.

Legacy of Kain's Raziel (Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, Legacy of Kain: Defiance) was the one who'd warp between Material and Spirit realm at will (well, one-way at will. He'd need portals to materialize again, but it was still instantaneous- except in Defiance, b/c they'd play that "recently dead corpse morphing into Raziel's form" animation each time). So Soul Reaver is what people should be looking at for comparison.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Looks very cool from the trailer, but Blair witch sucked ass, so hopefully it's more like Layers of fear in terms of quality. Looking forward to seeing more.