• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Politics aside, I'm just amazed that a man who's literally made an entire career out of standing on a platform slightly higher than those around him and loudly insisting they listen to him has decided there's some sort of enforceable standard that must be met for someone else to be listened to.

You'd think a comedian would realize that the thing that makes their actions valid--that other people want to hear what they're saying--has direct one-to-one correlation to what validates a person to be a voice of leadership in politics.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Picking on a marginalized group of people and kids who don't want to get shot at school is pretty crap and it's not even good "edgy" comedy. It takes no talent to write that, be better than that Louis CK.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Louis CK has always been trash. Im just glad the rest of you are waking up to his BS. I thought I was living in topsy turvey land with the way people praised him and i know im not the only one.

None of anything that has happened with him has surprised me. Disgusting piece of shit

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is wild.

People are in here trying to defend C.K. like he's a Persona protagonist about to take a killing blow.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with some of you? I don't expect answers because most of the trash has been taken out, but still, goddamn.

Mekes

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Trolling and arguing disingenuously surrounding transphobic rhetoric; account still in junior phase
I watched the whole special. Just to be clear, I'm not allowed to say I enjoyed any of it? Even the part that mocks Trump and calls for inclusivity? Because I think that part needs some attention too because he really touched on some important issues in that part.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Walk out, write a blog, call the news, but don't heckle. I'm not saying don't speak your mind, but at any given comedy show someone will disagree with something being said, and it's still against the rules for a reason.

This is nothing to do with Louie in particular, it's just rude and awful and 99% of the people who do it are drunk assholes. If you don't like a movie, that doesn't make it okay to take a phone call in the middle of a theater.
Why are you trying to censor hecklers' free speech?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I watched the whole special. Just to be clear, I'm not allowed to say I enjoyed any of it? Even the part that mocks Trump and calls for inclusivity? Because I think that part needs some attention too because he really touched on some important issues in that part.
Making fun of trump doesnt excuse his blatant racism and transphobia. Osctracizing the youth for making responsbile decisions that effect positive chance in addition to this and what you have is a guy who paraded around a racist, transphobic, bigoted, offensive set thats the literal antithesis of equality and inclusivity. I wonder how many trans individuals in attendance forgave him tho because he said mean things about trump?

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018

This thread is pretty specifically about his comments about pronouns and school shooting victims. If you think other, not racist or transphobic parts of the set are good, that's fine. Personally, I don't think it's sufficient to dunk on Trump and call for inclusivity to excuse another part of your routine where you unironically recite the "I identify as an attack helicopter" anti-trans shit from alt-righters.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You didn't think to use a different username here than the one you use on Gaf?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I honestly can't believe how many people chose to eat a ban just to try and be edgy or try to defend this garbage. Especially when the mods explicitly stated it wouldn't be tolerated.

Unreal.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't believe how many people chose to eat a ban just to try and be edgy or try to defend this garbage. Especially when the mods explicitly stated it wouldn't be tolerated.

Unreal.
People should get their "Member" title replaced with "Transphobic bigot", and a link to the respective post. If they are this desperate to eat a ban, might as well be shamed for it for the rest of your time here.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Unreal.
I can. These people are dumb as fuck. They don't have two brain cells to rub together between the lot of them. Absolute morons that think anyone gives a shit about them showing their asses to get banned. No one cares about or will remember your dumb posts except you, dipshit

It's a video game forum. If you take pride in being banned from a website about video games, you have nothing going for you. Fucking NEETS.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I've seen probably one or two shows of him years ago and liked it but every appearance since he brought up the same bits from said shows and was pretty done with him quickly, he was always a bit ranty about every day life which is common for stand up but it's usually ended on a positive note coupled with a bit of self critique, this is just " I hate people, please laugh".

This is such a shame, why can't people just put out a sincere apology and keep quite for a while and slowly try to come back.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, look. I know this thread title is specifically about Louis C.K. and the Louis C.K. set that was posted in the OP. That was bad.

But what's really important in all of this, is to point out that there are hypothetical school shooting jokes that might, hypothetically, be funny.

Oct 27, 2017

Unreal.

To be honest, most of the trolls I see only get banned for a few days to a week, despite the ban reason being for ignoring mod posts, and being multi time offenders for the same reason. They don't have anything to lose when the perm is rare.

Axumite

Nov 19, 2017
Louis's stand-up has always been sort of weak to me. I think the only bit I ever really enjoyed was the one about how if a kid keeps asking why, and you keep answering, eventually you reach this weird place where you're trying to explain abstract concepts to a child.

Bill Burr's always been more entertaining to me, though he's usually on the verge of falling for some "both sides" shit and conspiracy theories. At least Bill admits he's a fool and that nobody should be looking to him for valid information.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I've seen probably one or two shows of him years ago and liked it but every appearance since he brought up the same bits from said shows and was pretty done with him quickly, he was always a bit ranty about every day life which is common for stand up but it's usually ended on a positive note coupled with a bit of self critique, this is just " I hate people, please laugh".

This is such a shame, why can't people just put out a sincere apology and keep quite for a while and slowly try to come back.

I think in this case it's because he's sorry he got caught more than he's actually sorry.

Proof of this can be seen earlier when someone heckled him at his show. It throws him off and he gets a deer in the headlights moment until the venue sweeps it under the rug by taking the heckler out of the venue. He's got one fragile ego right now, also evidenced by him complaining about how hard this is on him.

I wish every one of these comeback shows had someone just yell out that he's a sexual abuser. People shouldn't think about forgetting or forgiving this asshole until he is actually genuinely sorry.

The fact that he's targeting a new audience by just saying as many offensive things as possible is also benefiting him by keeping his name in the news and the public consciousness. It's gross.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017

Aalayah Eastmond
Hey Louis CK - since you like making fun of me and other Parkland survivors behind closed doors, I'm right here if you want to talk," tweeted Stoneman Douglas student activist Aalayah Eastmond. "Just try to keep it in your pants, ok?

These kids dunked on Senators and Fox News. Probably should've known Louie would be small change for them.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I never liked this guy. It's nice to know my instincts aren't complete shit.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The amount of people who got banned on new year's eve is the funniest thing in here. I don't know what else there is to discuss about the douche anymore, though I I do like seeing the Parkland kids taunting him on Twitter.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Bill Burr's always been more entertaining to me, though he's usually on the verge of falling for some "both sides" shit and conspiracy theories. At least Bill admits he's a fool and that nobody should be looking to him for valid information.
That's kind of the issue with Bill Burr is he says a bunch of sexist or transphobic stuff and then walks it back by saying people shouldn't listen to him rather than just not saying it in the first place. If he didn't want people to listen to him, he wouldn't say that stuff on his platform

Axumite

Nov 19, 2017
That's kind of the issue with Bill Burr is he says a bunch of sexist or transphobic stuff and then walks it back by saying people shouldn't listen to him rather than just not saying it in the first place. If he didn't want people to listen to him, he wouldn't say that stuff on his platform

You're not wrong on your first point, but I disagree with the second.

The dude's clearly got a lot of pent up anger towards women, maybe from some REALLY bad experiences with some awful ladies, though it doesn't excuse the stuff he says. He did have a bit about being assaulted by an ex-girlfriend he was living with in one of his previous specials, so domestic abuse is something he went through. He also mentions his efforts to fight his anger issues and the unhealthy old Boston hypermasculinity that he grew up with. IMHO, he seemed genuinely unhappy with the person that he became over the years and wanted to improve himself.

At the end of the day, I don't think Bill's actually trying to build up any kind of following based on some of his admittedly idiotic and unresearched views. I think he's just a guy that likes to rant on his podcast or on stage but makes sure to keep himself in check with self-deprecation.

Deleted member 50909

Banned
Dec 15, 2018
28 pages of this shit when the "discussion" was clearly over after the 1st page?

what a pointless fucking thread

yall mods weak as fuck for this lock this bullshit

Oct 25, 2017
28 pages of this shit when the "discussion" was clearly over after the 1st page?

what a pointless fucking thread

yall mods weak as fuck for this lock this bullshit

pAeJxYK.png

Deleted member 50909

Banned
Dec 15, 2018
Aye, goodbye haha.
Outrage type threads are kind of the norm here now, just gotta filter them out.
I just think it's dumb as hell because I've seen countless other threads locked for this exact same reason wayyyy before they even got close to hitting 10 pages

this thread does absolutely nothing for anybody at this point

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I just think it's dumb as hell because I've seen countless other threads locked for this exact same reason wayyyy before they even got close to hitting 10 pages

It would have been over way sooner if people:

1) Stopped condoning/applauding transphobic jokes after multiple warnings and bans
2) Quit complaining about the thread and adding to the post count/bumping it to the top of the page

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you have no opinion on the topic then get the fuck out of here. Nobody forced you to click on it, and it's 14 pages for us smarter folk.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017

Hello person who joined 2 weeks ago with 21 posts, but has seen countless other threads, and bitches about the community, what is the name of your next alt going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.