• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
He cares about "big stuff", not referring to a war but a pointless made up investigation to help him win re-election

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Love the implication with "an unsecured cell phone in the middle of Ukraine". Sadly, I don't think people are savvy enough to pick up on that. It's like something straight out of a cliched Cold War spy movie
It's a low key dig at the exasperated disbelief that leaks could happen in this tightly run ship of a presidency.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
So he doesn't care about his own penis. BOOM!

giphy.webp

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Repubs: "Prove it, where's the transcript" and/or "HIs word against Sondland's - Sondland even says 'I never heard the word Biden' "

Won't matter, but IMO that's what they'll go with.
It would be funny if they relied on the memory of the guy that answered nearly every question with "I can't recall."

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how it takes someone as dumb as Donald Trump to turn treason as the President of the United States like it's one of those late night infomercials where they over exaggerate accidents.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I can't wait til he gets impeached in the House, so we can see who the traitors are in the senate. Hint: It's all Republicans.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
It would be funny if they relied on the memory of the guy that answered nearly every question with "I can't recall."

Doesn't mattter to them/their base, Repubs have used even shakier defenses in the past - they'll twist into pretzels to suit their narrative, then drop/move onto a different line of attack as soon as their inconsistencies are pointed out.

That is a risky play considering someone out there has that unsecured call recorded somewhere.

I'm super curious if it actually exists (and if someone has it, are they going to release it).

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Except supporting Trump is killing them politically too. They just lost the governorship of Luisiana which was something insane like +20 for Trump in 2016. And that's only going to get worse and more pronounced as these hearings go on.
I'm aware of what they've lost so far. The thing is, they'd lose turn-out of their base if they turn on Trump, which means they'd lose primaries. And most pubs in the House and Senate are more vunerable to primaries than a dem. Not even to mention pissing off the base would destroy them in a general as well if they're discouraged to turn out.
would it though? They could just turn now and start drumming it up that they removed Trump and try to make the image that they saved the country in the end. Sure initially it would be bad for them, but in the long game I was more thinking.
They're not thinking long game, they're thinking their next election. Long game they'll rely on the fact that the electorate has the memory of goldfish. Which they do.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I'm kidding. Was making fun of Fiona Hill plus I am also from Yerp. Ghillie-Jocko-Land, specifically. Or as I like to tell my Asian wife to get her worked up, I'm tri-racial. Scottish, American, and Chinese because I made a half Chinese baby.

sorry I was just trying to figure out the last two on your list :)

rein

Apr 16, 2018
Why are there two boards saying "Days since Adam Schiff learned the identity of the whistleblower"?

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
If Hill is this unflappable she is going to be amazing against Nunes and Jordan. My guess is they avoid questioning her as much as possible. They will just make smear statements than ask her some BS question at the end and just try to bully her to "answer the question" and suppress her.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
I find it astounding how clear the memory is of career officials and how poor the memory is of politically appointed officials.