• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
This excerpt from the eurogamer review is kind of what I was worried about with this game. Still interested in trying it, but Ubi can't seem to get over this stumbling block with their open worlds. Well - i guess they sell like hot cakes so what do I know?
It's perfectly reasonable to want what that review wants, but with this game's horrible character art and mostly bad (or at least highly intrusive) writing, I'm not sure Ubi would have succeeded in creating the feeling that Zelda does even if they mimicked its geography more closely. The reason I'm interested in this game at all is the density of points of interest.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to buy a digital copy of this on Amazon for ps4? You can get it on xbox digital, but I don't see the option for ps4...

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
It looks like it turned out better than I expected, but I'm still going to wait for a discount. Too many other things to play, and I'm still not sure how I feel about the art style. It reminds me too much of Kingdoms of Amalur, which I hated.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
One of the complaints in the reviews I've watched are that after reaching a vantage point and marking all of the points of interest the exploration thereafter is diminished as it is just going from icon to icon on the map. Is the player required to mark all of the POI or can they just reveal the map and bail and find things on their own?

Oct 25, 2017
One of the complaints in the reviews I've watched are that after reaching a vantage point and marking all of the points of interest the exploration thereafter is diminished as it is just going from icon to icon on the map. Is the player required to mark all of the POI or can they just reveal the map and bail and find things on their own?
In the demo I was able to find things that I did not mark from a vantage point. Not sure if that applies to every kind of thing, but it seems like a possibility.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I played the demo and it's not that bad per se, but I just don't like how Ubisoft made the characters look like a low-level game from small indie devs. Looks interesting in a way.

LightInfa

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow I wasn't even aware that this game existed - I might end up prioritizing this over Cyberpunk!

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
almost all ubisoft open-world games get 80MC+

Not really.

Immortals Fenyx Rising - 76
Watch Dogs Legion - 76
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 76
Assassin's Creed Unity - 72
Assassin's Creed Liberation - 70
Assassin's Creed Rogue - 72
Far Cry New Dawn - 71
Far Cry Primal - 76

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Not really.

Watch Dogs Legion - 76
Far Cry New Dawn - 71
Far Cry Primal - 76

Syndicate + New Dawn are a cut above everything else on this list (except maybe Immortals). I really found New Dawn to be a tight, distilled version of FC5 that trimmed out the fat and I think was a better game than 5 for it.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I was watching the acg review this morning. It was just starting to click with me that they look like team america characters when he took the words out of my mouth.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Odd that there isn't much concrete info regarding framerates and resolution (unless I'm just overlooking it).

Trying to decide if I should grab this for my Series X or the PS5

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Odd that there isn't much concrete info regarding framerates and resolution (unless I'm just overlooking it).

Trying to decide if I should grab this for my Series X or the PS5
100% the same question I am having. Deciding between those two or just Uplay + for a month for what I presume should be pretty good performance but not really seeing anything.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Not really.

Watch Dogs Legion - 76
Far Cry New Dawn - 71
Far Cry Primal - 76
This game has a 82. If we take the one version with the most reviews like the other ones in the list.

Oct 27, 2017
idk if this is already known but my PS5 digital version in the UK says I can play in just over an hour. Looks like the NZ midnight release is opening the floodgates for everyone else?

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
My excitement for the game deflated the moment the first gameplay started. Just about everything in this gane looks off. Especially the combat looks and feel awful. The character and monster designs are just not nice to look at, and the animations look clunky and dated.

It basically reminds me of everything that's bad about modern AC games without the things that make them great.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I recently made a thread about games that you cannot play because you don't own platform X - asking which would be the closest experience. ReCore for Metroid or Bug Fables for Paper Mario were mentioned there. I think Immortals Fenyx Rising would also be a great addition to this list. Seemingly turned out to be a very decent game. I'll play it, but not in December.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Bought to while away the time until CP2077 drops. IMO, from the streams I've seen, it behaves nothing like BotW (perhaps only a superficial resemblance) but it does look fun in its own right.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
If Uplay+ is an option for you, I don't know why you wouldn't just go with that, tbh.
I sometimes feel that the $15/month spent there is not a good overall value though it is arguably less than the average cost of buying a game and reselling it (Even on sale). I did a few months of gamefly with the gift certificate option to lower the price so that might be the most economical.

Either way, it looks like this is going to run great no matter what you play it on.

radian8

Oct 25, 2017
I preordered the Gold edition on PS5 but cannot see how to access the preorder bonuses so far? It also says under DLC that I don't own any :/ anyone else have this issue?

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Can't wait for this, getting it as a Christmas present but its so far away!
Glad to see it scoring well though I'm surprised people are shocked. From the off set it looked like Greek BotW with better combat. I dont see how that's a bad thing.