• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
given it's UBI and the expected deep discounts in mere months , i'm going to hold off, but what I've seen looks decent on Switch, which received a day 1 patch to improve performance significantly. Breath of the Mild indeed.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I signed up for a Stadia trail to give the demo of this a shot.

The performance wasn't good, but I chalk that up to Stadia. Sounds like it actually runs smooth as hell on the retail PC version, may try it out.

In general I wish more games went for a cartoon art style. It can be really effective

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
I think he once tweeted "cancel ResetEra" or something like that. The mods and admins around here probably took issue with that. It's a shame because head one of the more talented and consistently in depth reviewers on YouTube. As far as I'm aware he's not some bigoted chud.
Me too. Honestly, I see him irritating far-right people on Twitter quite a bit lolll. I hope they can look him over again because, yeah, his videos are incredibly well done.
Relevant to the thread, I'll probably check this game out when it goes on sale. Seems like a good time but Cyberpunk and Destiny will be taking up my life for awhile.

He's posting videos like these on his second channel:

pieceofshitx2fh1.png

He's definitely a bigot and gamergater.

The reviews are pretty good! Will check out the game on Ubisoft+. Pretty nice way to check out their latest game.
One of the good news is that the game is a lot less buggy than AC: Valhalla or Watch Dogs: Legion. The delay may have given the team enough dev time to polish the game.

Kind of wish Ubisoft also gave the dev teams for Valhalla more time. It's just too buggy.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's posting videos like these on his second channel:

pieceofshitx2fh1.png

He's definitely a bigot and gamergater.

The reviews are pretty good! Will check out the game on Ubisoft+. Pretty nice way to check out their latest game.
One of the good news is that the game is a lot less buggy than AC: Valhalla or Watch Dogs: Legion. The delay may have given the team enough dev time to polish the game.

Kind of wish Ubisoft also gave the dev teams for Valhalla more time. It's just too buggy.
Didn't know he had a second channel. Thanks for pointing this out.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I thought this would get much much lower scores, like high 60s or low 70s

I think that expectations were so low helped the game, but it seems like it genuinaly does some things quite well (Namely by being more of a genuine effort compared to other generic Ubisoft open world games). I still think the game's esthetic, writting style and overal perception will hurt it. I just can't get over how it seems like a cheap uplifted mobile game at a glance (The name sure doesn't help)

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Is this appropriate for a 12 year old?
Probably? I think the worst thing the demo had was a weed joke about "laying off the herbs." Otherwise it's not any more violent than BOTW. I have heard the plot alludes to Infantcide since it's a thing that comes up in Greek mythology, but it's not like a 12 year old isn't aware of how messed up greek myths can get.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably? I think the worst thing the demo had was a weed joke about "laying off the herbs." Otherwise it's not any more violent than BOTW. I have heard the plot alludes to Infantcide since it's a thing that comes up in Greek mythology, but it's not like a 12 year old isn't aware of how messed up greek myths can get.
Ok. I asked because I'm was getting a bunch of games with female main characters for a 12 year old girl, but Kena and Sillsong are out next year instead (and Spirit Farer isn't on physical yet). Current options are Forgotten Anne, Sakura of Rice and Ruin, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Immortals Fenyx Rising.

RhaZo

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, SP - Brazil
I reviewed the game and gave it an 8.

Unfortunately, it is in Brazilian Portuguese: https://vgbr.com/2020/11/30/immortals-fenyx-rising/

My pros and cons:

Pros

- Uncompromised history and narrative bring fun and funny moments.

- Excellent and varied puzzles, both in the world and in dungeons.

- Navigation and exploration in the open world are fun.

- Good boss fights.

Cons

- The combat is the same as in the newer Assassin's Creed formula, but even more arcade and less deep. As you play, you will find yourself avoiding it in the open world.

- The game difficulty system is mediocre, offering an uninteresting handicap system.

- Repetitive content and bloating cause the character progression to become boring.

- Litlle variety of enemies.

Oct 27, 2017
Really interested in the game now (after a sale, of course), but man, how do you make all the characters this unappealing. At this point, it isn't the tech or manpower, someone at Ubisoft is completely out of touch on what kind of characters people like.

They aren't hideous or deformed, just highly generic and emotionless, like cheap dolls made in the factory.

Too late for the feedback now... Although, all the characters in Ubisoft games have Ubisoftivism in their DNA.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
haven't followed one iota of this game until now but ... interest is piqued

if i didn't have every single ubi game i'd sub to their thing so i can play it. i'll see where my appetite is when the holiday backlog is cleared

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Breath of the Wild mixed with Greek Mythology sounds like a great game to me, unfortunately I still have plenty of launch titles to complete for PS5 so I'll wait to pick this up.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone else is posting their review so I guess that means its ok to pimp out mine-

hardcoregamer.com

Review: Immortals: Fenyx Rising - Hardcore Gamer

Immortals: Fenyx Rising is an incredible open-world adventure and one of the nicest gaming surprises of the year.

Interesting to see the range of scores Fenyx got. I'm definitely on the higher side of things but have good company, so that's nice to see. There's no question this game was practically tailor-made to my personal tastes but I'm not going to review something as if someone else was playing it.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
From what I watched, the main thing that puts me off was having a button to show you all the nearby stuff to do. Let the environment design inspire curiosity, not waypoints. And if players can't find things to do, design better environments.

The loop of curiosity being rewarded with discovery is what made BotW satisfying and compelling. Waypoint chasing ain't that.

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020
Some of the critics are so out of place, OMG!

The game is very good for what I see. Will buy the complete editon next year, absolutely.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
This wasn't even on my radar but Karak's review sold me on it. I'll be picking this up in the coming months for sure.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
So assuming the Switch reviews are based on the version of the game before the patch that dropped before the embargo was lifted right? Has any Switch review gone back to look at the state of the game after the patch was released other then SwitchUp?

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
From what I watched, the main thing that puts me off was having a button to show you all the nearby stuff to do. Let the environment design inspire curiosity, not waypoints. And if players can't find things to do, design better environments.

The loop of curiosity being rewarded with discovery is what made BotW satisfying and compelling. Waypoint chasing ain't that.
You can turn it off.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Oooo pretty nice scores. I am looking forward to checking this out on PC later this week. I have definitely got my money's worth out of Uplay+ this month...

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like with Ubisoft+ the smart thing to do for a lot of these games would be to get one month, beat said game, then cancel. I can't imagine anyone staying subscribed for a long period of time.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Went from "lol this looks like such a cash out, I won't even give it my attention" to "huh this looks really good I'll probably pick it up sometime". Looks like this'll be the first Ubisoft game I play since 2013 lol.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if we can post the Skillup review here, but i like his solo reviews (he also left layman to go solo). He got me pretty excited to try this out one day. Basically called it the anti assassin's creed, anti ubi soft open world game

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give this a shot some time next year when the next-gen drought hits, but right now I'm too swamped with launch games.