• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
After a warm first half of the winter it looks like you guys are finally getting some proper winter storms. Hell even the PNW is getting snow.

Meanwhile here in California it's fucking awful. Probably another February with little to no rain, warmer than average temps. I know I complain a lot but goddamnit I just want a proper winter for once.

Hopefully if covid is over by next winter I'll spend a week, probably Christmas week somewhere where it actually feels like winter.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Storms are bad and suck. You can have them. Power outages, dangerous driving conditions, burning through your whole oil tank, not to mention the fucking yetis.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Snow is cool and fun for exactly one day before it turns into annoying nuisance, I'd trade with you in a heartbeat OP

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure plenty of people on the East coast would be happy to trade with you to get out of it.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
After a warm first half of the winter it looks like you guys are finally getting some proper winter storms. Hell even the PNW is getting snow.

Meanwhile here in California it's fucking awful. Probably another February with little to no rain, warmer than average temps. I know I complain a lot but goddamnit I just want a proper winter for once.

Hopefully if covid is over by next winter I'll spend a week, probably Christmas week somewhere where it actually feels like winter.

3QGU.gif

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I spent two hours yesterday digging my wife's car out of the snow. I woke up this morning sore all over.

You can have it. Let's trade.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I love snow. BRING IT ON.

I could never live in a place with zero winter.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how the Cali lowlands are doing but I';ve been following the snow in the mountains and yea.... the west in general, besides WA, is not doing great this year.

Utah is having an awful ski season. So is Cali. Cali got hit with a massive storm a week or 2 ago but are still below average snowpack. Oregon is below average (but this storm should help bring them up)

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Winter weather while quarantining is a rough combo. I'm in my apartment nearly 24/7 now. It's awful..

There's no where to go to safely be outside and get some air without freezing.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Not having to deal with Winter is one of the main FEATURES of living in Cali. Having lived if the Midwest for a few years, I have a hard time convincing myself to go back to that kind of climate.

Eegah

Oct 27, 2017
I hate snow, but I'd rather deal with that instead of constantly worrying about drought and water shortages.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who had to shovel my own sidewalk for most of my life, I agree with you OP. Snow is the besssssssst.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
I love snow as long as I don't have to drive in it.

So it's perfect for working from home right now!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Snow is awesome... when you are a little kid and get snow days and don't need to dig your car out of like 2 feet, while trying not to trip on black ice in the parking lot >_>

Extreme temps are romanticized until you need to deal with them. Sure, CA has been bad this year (more rain headed to the Bay Area this weekend at least, so that's something...) but trust me, digging cars out of snow and sliding around with driving and no visibility etc SUCKS.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Snow fucking sucks. You do not want to deal with it. If you've lived in a warm climate your entire life, snow will seem novel for about a day and then you'll be sick of it too.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I'm down for trading. I live in CT and I hate the snow and the cold weather. It does not make me appreciate the other seasons more, it just fills my heart with darkness and hate.

Puddle of wet snow in your car as you get in and drive, black ice at night when the temps go down and freeze the snow that already melted, Snow plows coming and adding a wall of ice in front of your driveway you need to do.

Salt does a number on your car and people don't shovel their sidewalks so going for a run is annoying as hell.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
You live in Cali and you're in some sort of dying need for a "winter"? How bout go somewhere where it snows lol. Wtf how is this a surprise to you

cwmartin

Oct 27, 2017
its cute while its snowing. But it quickly becomes a fuck this bullshit nightmare having to dig out and deal with dirty ass snow in our neighborhoods for weeks or months.

Oct 25, 2017
At least on the east coast when it snows it's typically business as usual and life goes on. In the PNW everything grinds to a halt until the snow is basically melted.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
LMFAO HAHAHAHHAHAA IT'S LIKE 10 DEGREES OUT AND WE'RE THE LUCKY ONES

snow was ever good for snowdays and that's not even a thing anymore with everything online.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Haven't seen significant snow here in North Georgia in a couple of years now. Even before that, we'd get maybe one good snow a year for few years, but snow's just not really in the cards here.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Snow is cold garbage and we're better off without it weighing down our power lines and trees.
Let's not forget about the vicious, unpredictable, and unmerciful black ice that turns all the parts of town into bad parts of town.
NO.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I love it. I'm 31 and I'm still not sick of snow. I get so excited the night before a big storm...it's so cozy shacking up inside and watching it come down.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
It's 80+ degrees in Florida and it sucks. There are no seasons here. It's sunny and hot for 10 months out of the year. It's depressing.

It's February. I want cold. I want snow.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
its cute while its snowing. But it quickly becomes a fuck this bullshit nightmare having to dig out and deal with dirty ass snow in our neighborhoods for weeks or months.
This too. I think when warm-climate people romanticize the snow they think of it as this really beautiful winter wonderland...but most of the time when it's just sitting on the ground it's this dirty gray/black eyesore.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
what y'all don't understand is that snow melts and the ice and slush that's left over for days/weeks that you have to deal with is something no one enjoys trying to walk in or dig through or drive in. rinse and repeat that shit for months on end that's why winter suuuuuuucks.

it's a novelty for a few days, that's it

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Normally I'd flee to the family place in Tahoe bout now but due to budget, covid and my grandpa being weird about me taking my dog up there(I was the one who remodeled the place!) it's not happening this winter

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I miss So Cal winters. Can just drive an hour up to the mountains for snow then come back down in my flip flops to the beach.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Preferences and all but I'm always baffled when people wish for snow. People can't drive in it because they suck, gotta shovel your driveway early in the AM before work, scrape the window, avoid black ice, etc. And it's still pouring down on you. Turning from white fluff into slush. Hate hate hate it.

Gimme warm weather every day.

OP
OP
maxxpower

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I'd rather shovel snow than be in a drought and have to constantly worry if my house will burn down during the next wildfire.

Oct 27, 2017
My back says no thanks. Shit was fun as hell when you were a kid with no actual responsibilities, but not when you're an adult.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
It's 80+ degrees in Florida and it sucks. There are no seasons here. It's sunny and hot for 10 months out of the year. It's depressing.

It's February. I want cold. I want snow.
I thought one of my coworkers said it was 40 in FL a few weeks ago. They were ironically colder than it was here at the time.