• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The game has gotten worse imo if you're a damage character. Having to wait 10m+ is absolutely fucking awful. I know why they did, the goats at times are way too OP but it ruined the game for a large part of the people. I also think it was unique if midway, even people who were tanks would switch into support or damage and you would essentially be playing an entirely different team.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
I've started playing Overwatch again and it's definitely fun... but a 10? That's a bit much there, IGN. There's still a ton of issues with the game.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
User warned: Conspiratorial accusations of shilling
Wonder how much Blizzard paid for this

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
The original score was 9.4. Confused as to why IGN felt the need to re-review it

www.ign.com

Overwatch Review - IGN

Here's our full, final review of Blizzard's multiplayer hero shooter. Spoilers: it's incredible.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
*(looks at hours spent playing)*

I cannot argue too much.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, I both agree with them from an overall perspective and heavily disagree with them from my perspective.

The original score was 9.4. Confused as to why IGN felt the need to re-review it

www.ign.com

Overwatch Review - IGN

Here's our full, final review of Blizzard's multiplayer hero shooter. Spoilers: it's incredible.

Oh wow, that's dumb. Is Overwatch 2 out this year? That's the only reason I can figure to do this is to renew interest in old and new fans.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Figured anyone re-reviewing Overwatch would score it lower not higher, and Overwatch is one of my top 10 all time games

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's fair enough and I haven't even played it in a long time. If they felt like the old review was outdated and wanted to asses the game as it is now that's more helpful to read if you're thinking of buying it.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
i played the hell outa this game when it came out, calling it my goty of 2016. thought it would be my forever game. and now, it's been like a solid 3 years or so since i've played and i have zero desire to ever go back. bounced off hard.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
It's really fun. Probably the best FPS since Halo Reach.

The queues suck though. Like, it's fun playing tank and support but sometimes you want to just do DPS and have to wait ages. Shits annoying. Definitely makes it less than a 10/10 for me alone.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
This kinda seems at odds with what I've been hearing about the game the past couple of years(pace of updates, meta balance, etc)

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
That's weird, I haven't played in a while but everything I've heard lately has indicated that the game hasn't really been improving at all.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
My misgivings towards Activision Blizzard as a company aside, Overwatch is easily the most fun I've had with an FPS in years. The Overwatch team, alongside the Diablo team, are probably the only ones at Blizzard still putting in good work.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know anything about Overwatch's current state but this seems like some god-tier trolling by IGN. Any multiplayer game that's been out for more than a month is going to have at least 40% players complaining that they ruined it forever when they changed X.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda enjoyed it but my anger issues and preference for story telling ultimately killed it for me. I was there for the characters.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I'm not really into MP shooters but I've played Overwatch a lot cause it's more casual friendly.
Dunno if it's a 10/10 game tho. Considering how much it keeps changing it's hard to rate

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
i played the hell outa this game when it came out, calling it my goty of 2016. thought it would be my forever game. and now, it's been like a solid 3 years or so since i've played and i have zero desire to ever go back. bounced off hard.

Me exactly. I've picked it up every now and then over the past few years but it doesn't have that same appeal it did for me in the early days.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
it's my most played multiplayer game of all time. The core gameplay is just so good plus the game got updated with so much free content since 2016.

also overwatch league is the only esports I've ever really cared about

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not usually this cynical but that's the first thing that popped into mind. Game needs to limp along until it's "sequel" is ready.
Same. Usually that kind of comment gets an eye roll outta me but this screams marketing to me, considering how old the game is and how little word of mouth there is on it these days.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a year after launch you had a chance to argue for a 10/10 rating, but its current state is a prime example of how to ruin a game and squander the massive public mindshare you had through inaction and a number of boneheaded decisions.