• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pick your 90s band

• Matchbox 20

Votes: 60 14.4%
  • Blues Traveler

Votes: 30 7.2%
  • Goo Goo Dolls

Votes: 88 21.1%
  • Dave Matthews Band

Votes: 82 19.6%
  • Hootie & the Blowfish

Votes: 35 8.4%
  • Barenaked Ladies

Votes: 97 23.2%
  • Spin Doctors

Votes: 26 6.2%

• Total voters

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
zGslhIt.png

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They all kind of suck in my opinon, but the Goo Goo Dolls at least have Name and Iris, I wouldn't want to make listening to them an activity but in the background it's fine.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Almost picked Spin Doctors but changed my mind to goo. Glad I wasn't the first to pick spin.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One time of n Starbucks, Dave Matthews mistook me for someone else and I didn't know who Dave Matthews was. I thought he was somebody I knew — and had simply blanked on - so I kept up the pretense and we chatted like old pals.

A little while after he left, the Baristas said "whoa holy shit you're actually friends with Dave Matthews!!"

I said, "I have no idea who you're talking about " and the head barista just does a big "suuuure" wink and jaw. Befuddled I went about my business.

to this day they think me and Dave Matthews are firm friends. I also discovered he lives close by in a fairly normal absolutely not ritzy little neighborhood.I since listened to a bunch of Dave Matthews Band music.

so, my pick is Goo Goo Dolls.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
None of them are really bands I would go out of my way to listen to except for maybe a couple of BNL's records. So BNL it is.

On a side note that's a super US centric list, the only non-US band there is BNL.

The real answer is Silverchair. Or Powderfinger. Or The Living End. Or Lindberg.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One time of n Starbucks, Dave Matthews mistook me for someone else and I didn't know who Dave Matthews was. I thought he was somebody I knew — and had simply blanked on - so I kept up the pretense and we chatted like old pals.

A little while after he left, the Baristas said "whoa holy shit you're actually friends with Dave Matthews!!"

I said, "I have no idea who you're talking about " and the head barista just does a big "suuuure" wink and jaw. Befuddled I went about my business.

to this day they think me and Dave Matthews are firm friends. I also discovered he lives close by in a fairly normal absolutely not ritzy little neighborhood.I since listened to a bunch of Dave Matthews Band music.

This...this is art.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
Hootie and the Blowfish and DMB both have some really talented musicians and songwriters in their groups, even if their famous songs kind of wear on the soul after decades.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Era's poor taste strikes again. Bare Naked Ladies? Awful.

Oh, it's really "Barenaked"? Well, my point still stands.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I was going to choose Goo Goo Dolls because there are songs I like more from them but then I remembered there's the songs that Robby Takac sings and I can't stand his voice so I ended up choosing Matchbox 20.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I had to change my answer like seven times because I like all of these but I don't love any of them. Went with barenaked ladies but they're all good.

zzz

Oct 27, 2017

Please tell us this is not copypasta.

It's BNL

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Era's poor taste strikes again. Bare Naked Ladies? Awful.

Oh, it's really "Barenaked"? Well, my point still stands.
In general I agree as most of BNL's catalogue is well... bad - but Gordon and Born On A Pirate Ship are, imho, 2 of the better pop rock albums to come out in the 90's. Which isn't a massively high bar to be fair.

I knew I liked you for a reason!

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
This is a brilliant poll. Forcing people to choose their favorite from middle-of-the-road AOR bands, instead of letting them show off how supposedly sophisticated their musical palate is, like most of these threads devolve into.

From this list, I would take the Spin Doctors, mostly because it was this CD that was playing while I had the best game of Drunken Risk in my life. The Kamchatka Miracle was spoken of in awed voices for weeks afterward. All I remember is a song about Jimmy Olsen singing about having the hots for Lois Lane when I began my gambit and every dice roll went my way.

Chickety China the Chinese Chicken though

Last edited:

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I picked Matcbox 20, they are still my favorite and I have 5th row VIP seats for their concert this summer. I also love the Goo Goo Dolls and BNL as well.