• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 1, 2020
Two player Pod Racer. If just one, maybe Time Traveler. Something unique I can't easily replicate on a Retropie home built setup.

w7pfge3nsyg21.jpg
There is an arc shaped mirror in that cabinet that the image from the monitor inside the cabinet is reflected onto. It's a very unique cabinet.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Probably a Time Crisis cabinet or a nice pinball machine.

Although I was always a sucker for those old Area 51 light gun shooters and that wouldn't take up much space.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Mmmmm can I get a set of linked cabs? I want super gt. Just 4 will be alright....

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I do. I own like, 15 or so. They're all back at my dad's house cause they take up so much space. In the mid 2000's I was way into the hobby, when prices weren't so insane. Used to go around the midwest picking them up. I own a ton of PCBs too.

Now I live in an apartment and am kind of over it. Too much space, too heavy, ect. Stil love them so at some point when I've got a bigger place I'd like to have at least one, probably Mortal Kombat II.

dieter

Oct 27, 2017
I love pinball, but getting a full table is very expensive and require a lot of space. I just ordered an Arcade 1UP star wars virtual pinball table as it was on sale for star wars day ($400), which should arrive next week. I look forward to tinkering with it and upgrading various things.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
F Zero AX
Hydro Thunder
Jurassic Park The Lost World
Any Taiko no Tatsujin
Killer Instinct
Primal Rage (only because there's no 100% perfect port yet)

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a Project Diva Arcade controller that will do, otherwise it would be:

df5458d6-52ed-46d2-b6f9-589b64d9ba21.jpg

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018

Good choice, I've only played it in an arcade once (RIP Kawasaki Arcade Center in Tokyo) and it felt so much better than playing with a controller.

As a kid I went to Deira City Centre in Dubai and they had an arcade on the top floor where they had this MASSIVE The Lost World setup (photo not from there but same thing):

Iug5dWc.png

That'd be cool to have as a party piece.

Now at a different arcade at a different mall in Dubai (think it was Burjuman mall), I swear there was a Wipeout arcade cabinet that spun 360 degrees ike GLOC, but I've never found anything about it online. Am I mixing things up in my mind?

House of the Dead III. NOt the best one (that goes to II), but the feel of reloading with a shotgun pump is a injection of testoterone and adrenaline.

Yes, there definitely need to be more lightgun cabinets that use pump-action shotguns.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as I already own a SF2HF cabinet, the next one would probably be X-Men vs. Street Fighter.

Actually, I wouldn't mind owning a Tekken Tag Tournament cab.

But ultimately, I'd just get a full sit down version of San Francisco Rush 2049. That was my JAM.

TimeKillr

Feb 9, 2021
Here's my problem with the question - do you mean which GAME, or which CABINET?

A bunch of games can be played on any cabinet, really.

As for myself, I would loooove to have either a Viewlix cab or a Egret-2 or something similar (Astro City, etc).

I have a bunch of arcade boards, always wanted a cab, but never had the space for one, and gave up on making my own supergun because it was getting pretty expensive still.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I'm so happy to see all the Hydro Thunder picks. It's definitely my favorite arcade game along with Cruisin World.

oh this is a good pick too.

---

also, okay Kadzork what is the context of your avatar? Why is Taskmaster (or I assume that's him) holding a smiling child? I've been meaning to ask about this. 😂

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
this beast, always wanted to try it at disneyland but never did and i regret it everyday

1080700027.jpg

always loved lucky and wild
5438e419-b0c8-4f7e-bad6-cd520f3a17bf

OP
OP
Kadzork

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so happy to see all the Hydro Thunder picks. It's definitely my favorite arcade game along with Cruisin World.

oh this is a good pick too.

---

also, okay Kadzork what is the context of your avatar? Why is Taskmaster (or I assume that's him) holding a smiling child? I've been meaning to ask about this. 😂

Ha, I forgot the name of the comic but there was a thread on here a while ago with a cover that had Taskmaster in the background with that dumb grin holding the equally dumb grinning child.

I fell for it immediately.

Mass Effect found it!

Villains-for-Hire-Cover-Image.jpg

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
huge gauche ones that move and are scaled cars etc.

not some crappy, regular stand up cabinet.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NBA jam and I've been tempted to get it multiple times. Living in a fairly small condo has prevented me from doing so. Maybe when I love to a bigger house.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I own a Golden Tee and am considering picking up a Jubeat. Used to own pinball machines, but that market is too rich for my blood these days.

I've considered a Big Buck Hunter ( the modern one with all the new modes and hunts), but it's pretty pricey.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It would probably be between Sega Rally 2 and NBA Jam. Very tough choice. I maybe NBA Jam has the edge because I can play it with other people.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The Fzero AX machine. I want it so badly.

Followed by a linked pair of Virtual On Oratorio Tangram machines.

Beanbeany

Apr 25, 2022
Man this is impossible.

The internal struggle for me to say 20 cabinets is real, but I will honor the thread title and only name one.

Hydro Thunder

Oct 25, 2017
Super Turbo, NBA Jam and NFL Blitz would likely be my top 3 since they basically have infinite replay value with friends. A lightgun game like House of the Dead 2 or Time Crisis 2 would be tempting as well.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Some of these wild ones would be rad to own, but I'm a simple man -

1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Ms. Pac-Man

Dec 23, 2017
I don't remember the name of this arcade machine, but it featured 3D graphics and you drove a tank I think?

When I visited Las Vegas, it was on the strip at a SEGA Arcade.

The seat or the guns would jerk around when you fired your guns.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
A few years ago I would have said a Data East Star Wars pinball, but I actually got one of those.

Now it would be an original Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong JR

rdaneel72

Oct 27, 2017
You guys are all so young. I never heard of any of these machines.

I'm old school 80s all the way.

Missile Command
Centipede
Berserk
Tempest
Scramble
Robotron 2084
Venture
Gorf
Phoenix
Burgertime

You know, the good stuff.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
I once played a Jurassic Park variant that I swear, the seats spun around to face one of three different TVs. If the raptors came at you from the side, the whole thing span around, it was 2 player too.

Couldn't find a photo. Did I make it up?

As a kid I went to Deira City Centre in Dubai and they had an arcade on the top floor where they had this MASSIVE The Lost World setup (photo not from there but same thing):

Iug5dWc.png

This might be what I was thinking of.

Pretty sure it would have been at the Trocadero in London.

Can anyone confirm?