• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
What d'ya say Era? Where would you live given the chance? Lets say the COVID pandemic has finished and the world is pretty much back to normal, where are you picking up and moving too? Or have to already moved and love where you live now?

For me i'd live in Barcelona, i've been at least 10 times in my life and it's still an incredible city to visit.

EDIT: Let's say money isn't a problem as i've seen a few posts asking.

Last edited:

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I love western Canada. It's so beautiful, and I just really enjoy Canadian culture. There's been so many times where I've wished I could just hop the border and start a new life.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal, close to Lisbon, or else somewhere along the river Douro. I adore this country, it's culture, nature, food, ...

I already own a very small apartment along the coast 100km away from Lisbon. I spend holidays there, but also go often to work (I work from a home office anyway). And even when I work I feel more at ease and less stressed there than back home in Belgium.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California, Hawaii, Denmark, Italy, Japan (if I could speak Japanese), Turkey (if the regime wasn't so shit)

chaostrophy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Berlin. When I visited there on vacation it felt like more than just a nice place to me, it felt like home.

Oct 30, 2017
What d'ya say Era? Where would you live given the chance? Lets say the COVID pandemic has finished and the world is pretty much back to normal, where are you picking up and moving too? Or have to already moved and love where you live now?

For me i'd live in Barcelona, i've been at least 10 times in my life and it's still an incredible city to visit.

What's my financial situation? Do I need to work or am I a man of leisure?

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
I'd stay where I am, but that's the boring answer.

The only place outside of Quebec where I'd consider living would be in one of the scandinavian countries, preferably Denmark. Perfect weather-wise and the people seem nice. Would have good opportunities in my line of work, as well.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
In the mountainous areas of Colorado probably somewhere near Breckenridge.

Legal weed,pretty liberal population plus an amazing amount of natural beauty with endless choices for year round outdoor recreation.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Taiwan. Amazing food (both local and international), amazing Internet, a quick flight away from all sorts of fun places (Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.), low cost of living, and the island is small enough & has a good enough transporation system that you can go just about anywhere in the country and back within a day. Also has a great medical system that's dirt-cheap (even if you don't have the free national insurance) and has handled Covid-19 better than just about anywhere else in the world.

Oct 27, 2017
I live where I want to live. I would just like the money to A. Live specifically where I want to live rather than just the general area and B. Own/afford a house and piece of land there.

But I don't see myself ever leaving British Columbia. I moved here for a reason.

Perfect weather-wise and the people seem nice.
But you're from Quebec, why would you want to go somewhere so utterly different?
I kid I kid. Y'all have an unfair reputation.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I'm actually fine where I am, and don't think I'd move.

Though I did enjoy my time in Japan, and I'd live there as well, though I'd need to be making good money.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Love Melbourne but if I had to pick:

- Central coast California...or San Francisco
- New York
- London
- Southern Germany near the Alps

Oct 27, 2017
People who keep saying Iceland that have never lived somewhere where you don't see the sun for weeks at a time, or it's constant daylight for weeks at a time are in for a treat. That shit fucks with your head hard.

Also, no trees, constantly raining. It's easily the most stunning place I've ever visited but I could not live there. I've never appreciated greenery more than coming back to Canada after spending a few weeks in Iceland.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy staying where I live (Vancouver area). I like weather that isn't extreme. Most places get too hot and humid or too cold. Some extra rain is a small price to pay. Hopefully a mega earthquake won't happen in my lifetime.

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Hm. I don't think I could move out of Europe. I love the variety, the short distances, the rich and old history around every corner, the four seasons, the standard of living, the relatively progressive policies (though that fluctuates and depends on the country), etc. too much. Couldn't find a similar mix of all that anywhere else.

If money wasn't an issue, I think a carefree mediterranean lifestyle or a house at a lake somewhere, with mountains and forests nearby, would be the best case scenario. Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany (where I live right now), something like that.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Right where I am in Copenhagen. If I however couldn't live here I'd settle for Norway or Netherlands.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
on some kind of island, iceland, new zealand, and hawaii are good starters

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Ireland. Great people, nice temperatures, lovely culture. I fell in love with the cliffs and I seriously will consider moving there once I'll have a job the allows it.

Otherwise, Denmark. Copenhagen is stunning and I'm sure it's an all around gorgeous country.