• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which horror masterpiece would you like to see remade from PS1 era

• Silent Hill

Votes: 520 60.7%
  • Resident Evil 3 : Nemesis

Votes: 336 39.3%

• Total voters

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it was as well done as RE2R, Silent Hill by an absolute mile.

I've heard a shit ton of great things about that game, but the super dated graphics really put me off from the horror element. I'd love to see it reinvented for modern systems.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Re3 wasn't a great game. With the mr x stuff in 2', I don't even need an RE3 remake, personally. I'd love to see a Silent hill remake though. That could be incredible.

BerserkHobo82

Oct 27, 2017
Silent Hill, probably my favourite horror game. Didn't really get on with RE3, I found it too easy and personally found the Nemesis design very goofy that detracted from the whole experience.

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019
As much as I love the Resident Evil franchise I'm gonna have to go with Silent Hill. The first 2 in that series were exquisite and I would love a remake of the original using modern technology

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Remakes are almost never as good as the originals, so that's a no for Silent Hill. It'll just end up looking awful, unless Team Silent somehow magically remade it.

So go ahead and remake Resident Evil 3: Nemesis because I don't like RE that much.

May 26, 2018
Re3. SH1 will always be a strikingly vague nightmare. though a respectful remake would be nice it really isn't necessary.

RE3 will be an awesome high production, high detail game.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer SH to RE, but i'd take RE3R over a Silent Hill remake simply because I know I can trust Capcom with that. There's no reason to have any faith in Konami at the moment to do SH justice.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Silent Hill 1 is legitimately one of the greatest horror games ever made. A proper recreation, done in the vein of REmake, would be incredible. But of course it's probably not going to happen with Konami.

Oct 28, 2017
I prefer SH to RE, but i'd take RE3R over a Silent Hill remake simply because I know I can trust Capcom with that. There's no reason to have any faith in Konami at the moment to do SH justice.
And that is such a shame. Just imagine pyramid head in RE2's graphics walking down narrow hallways towards you with his giant knife.

Which just gave me a thought. Wonder if it would be possible for PC owners of RE2 to mod pyramid head into the game using Mr. X? That would be cool to be stalked by pyramid head.

Oct 28, 2017
RE3 is the game I prefer by a country mile and the idea of having a modern Nemesis gets me all tingly. But on the other hand I kinda want Silent Hill because Silent Hill NEEDS a big revival while the RE franchise is in a very good spot right now.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I've replayed the resident evil games multiple times and drop the silent hills as soon as I'm done with them.
RE3 is the clear choice for me.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Remakes are almost never as good as the originals, so that's a no for Silent Hill. It'll just end up looking awful, unless Team Silent somehow magically remade it.

So go ahead and remake Resident Evil 3: Nemesis because I don't like RE that much.

Makes no sense so ok. REmake was better than original RE tho

Oct 28, 2017

That's not true for video games. Game remakes are usually better than the original.

Feral Gingy

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Silent Hill absolutely. I'd love to see how they do the grey children enemies in the school today. Most likely would be cut I think.

Mar 29, 2018
Glad to see Silent Hill is winning.

RE3make is pretty much confirmed already whereas the Silent Hill IP, a cultural icon and touchstone, has been left in the haystacks.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does making Silent Hill 1 look like it's 1999 CGI count as Big Budget?

Quan

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed both games a lot back in the day, but at this point my trust would have to go to Capcom. Their RE2 remake was better than I could have hoped for.

Konami...well, they can burn in hell (preferably selling their IPs off beforehand).

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
I'm pleasantly surprised how much votes RE3 have. I thought two RE remakes and the seemingly abandon of Silent Hill would be more decisive in the poll.

Announce it already Capcom! People want Jill and Nemesis epic struggle!

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Konami would probably screw Silent Hill up. The series' quality hasn't been good, technically speaking.

So I think Resident Evil 3 would be a safer bet, even though I'd like a Silent Hill remake.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
The question need clarification.
Posters are going to assume Silent hill is developed by Konami, as opposed to having another high profile developer do the job.
Posters have already seen RE remakes. They want Silent Hill.

Totally agree with this. I viewed the OP as if it was asked if Silent Hill could be remade with a budget on the vein of REmake 2's budget. Not which publisher/team makes it. I basically took Konami out of the question on my preference. After reading most of the thread, it seems most prefer RE3 on the basis of Capcom vs Konami in the current landscape.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Theoretically, Silent Hill. But I don't have any faith in Konami, so I gave the vote to Nemesis. I think we can expect quality from Capcom after RE2 Remake.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Silent Hill without question or hesitation.

I fucking love Resident Evil but Silent Hill really needs rescuing from Konami.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love to play Silent Hill (whole series in fact) some day, and I would love to get a remake - or proper remasters - of the old games, but since OP said "only one", I'll have to pick Resi 3, just because we probably wouldn't get another SH game after that remake, and that would be sad.

This way, by picking Resi 3, at least I know we'll get more Resi games in the future.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 3. I don't trust Konami with anything. Now if Konami sold the Silent Hill IP to a competent publisher maybe. Till then it's RE3 all the way.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I would have said Silent Hill, but without Team Silent, eh no. At best i can see Konami letting some no name studio to do it with very low budget...

OP
OP
Toriko

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I'm pleasantly surprised how much votes RE3 have. I thought two RE remakes and the seemingly abandon of Silent Hill would be more decisive in the poll.

Announce it already Capcom! People want Jill and Nemesis epic struggle!

I think people who want Silent Hill also think Konami will never ever make a good Silent Hill game again. If it was a straight SH vs RE3 poll asking which is the better game SH would destroy it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
If I can guarantee the Silent Hill Remake is being made by a super talented team with an incredible engine and strong vision, that's the easy choice. If not then REmake 3 no question, since I know for sure those things will be behind it.

For fuck's sake Konami couldn't even get a simple HD Collection right, why on earth would I trust them with a remake?

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Despite how I feel about action RE there's no denying the quality of most RE titles sans 6 or Operation Racoons City. The last great Silent Hill was 3 all the way back in 2003. Why would anyone trust Konami to remake a classic game like Silent Hill when they've shown time and time again that they either don't understand the series or don't care?

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Despite how I feel about action RE there's no denying the quality of most RE titles sans 6 or Operation Racoons City. The last great Silent Hill was 3 all the way back in 2003. Why would anyone trust Konami to remake a classic game like Silent Hill when they've shown time and time again that they either don't understand the series or don't care?
What's wrong with 4 and Shattered Memories?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
A legendary game vs a game that was refurbished to accomodate Sony's demands.

They're not even in the same league

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I'd take silent hill over re3 every day of the week. RE3 is the weakest of the original 3 to me. Being chased by nemesis was much more of an annoyance than being scary. He wasn't difficult to get away from or scary. He just sort of broke up the pacing in a "well I guess I'm not going that way" sort of way. Silent hill 1 was the first video game that ever legitimately freaked me out. The fact that it has yet to be remastered (shattered memories doesn't count because they changed pretty much the entire game) is a tragedy. It's a shame Konami is now a pile of shit and until someone prys the license to the franchise away from them, we'll likely never see this.