• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If Trump loses in 2020 the Republicans are going to immediately, like overnight, start to distance themselves from him. He's their useful idiot right now, they don't actually like the guy, id bet a good portion of them actively hate him (not for moral reasons either, don't get me wrong). The minute he loses he's no longer useful.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
You don't pull a media empire out of your ass, I imagine any "Trump TV" attempt would either be laughably small or a huge money loser. Trash like Breitbart is funded by ultra rich far right families like the Mercers who have vastly more money and resources than Trump, and they're willing and able to take a loss to spread their propaganda, Trump's number one and only priority is in himself.

Their "Operation Death Star" app definitely looks like a trend towards Trump TV, even if it's some sort of online offering only in the beginning. Then there's the already-established-ultra-far-right news of OAN. Sprinkle in some cash from Putin to help sow more discord for his puppet buddy, then you've got a perfect storm for the network.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
The second he leaves office he will be buried up to his eyeballs in lawsuits sooo

I highly doubt it

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Since it's Trump and his ego is massive and he's deranged it's very possible if he's alive and not in prison.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Trump will probably feel perfectly vindicated just being a conservative megacelebrity - who can exist exclusively within his influence sphere. He'll threaten a run for sure, but doubtful he actually does it.

Pence will absolutely run though.
Can pence even speak?

I really don't think he has a future in the spotlight.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Can pence even speak?

I really don't think he has a future in the spotlight.
He won't win, but the dude will absolutely try - and I imagine Trump will back him up on the campaign trail.

Pence running lets Trump just do the 'fun' parts of the President job (big speeches, influence policy) - without the burden of actually being president.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
No, absolutely not. The GOP will forget his name the second he is out of power.

Or to be clear, he may run as a gimmick, but it wouldn't be serious (was 2016 serious at the start?) and he wouldn't spend any money on it.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I think his appeal to the GOP will have worn off by then (hopefully), especially if they lose the senate as well but who the fuck knows anymore. The GOP have fully embraced the villain role and us vs them mentality. That's no way to govern a nation.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's naive of me but I think after he's enjoyed NOT being president for a few months he'll lose all interest. Of course that assumes he's not in prison or under threat by foreign powers. Or dead. Dear god please let him be dead.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I hope this happens. He'll win the primary because his cult has taken over the GOP, and get killed in the election even worse than what's about to happen this year.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He'll be too old by then hopefully. But I'm not sure how old Biden is.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
AOC would destroy her

Also, wouldn't AOC still be too young to run for president in 2024? Always thought the earliest she can run would be in 2028.

She should be able to run for presidency in 2024, as she would be 35 on October 13th of that year by then (& that's the required minimum age to be president).

Last edited:

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
If Trump loses in 2020 the Republicans are going to immediately, like overnight, start to distance themselves from him. He's their useful idiot right now, they don't actually like the guy, id bet a good portion of them actively hate him (not for moral reasons either, don't get me wrong). The minute he loses he's no longer useful.

This, I hope nobody is fooled by this when it happens.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Realistically he may get pardoned by Biden just as a process of mas maiorum to keep from politically motivated attacks after a president has served in the future

But this is the president that has broken mas maiorum on most things. I feel like the only reason he hasn't gone after Obama legally is precisely because he wants to be spared once he is out of office
Biden has already stated several times he will not pardon Trump nor interfere with the DOJ.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I totally expect Don Jr. to run at some point. He seems to be enjoying the madness.
He'll get a very nasty wakeup call when he learns the only reason anyone pays attention to him is because of his connection to Trump, absolutely no one actually likes him, including Trump himself. Without that he's just a dumb, uncharismatic goober.

element

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think he will run, but continue to hold rallies and likely end up with a show on OAN.

He loves being the center of attention.

Oct 29, 2017
Definitely not. If anything he will go on a trip or "vacation" to another country and just never return, to try and avoid legal rammifications for the MANY things he's done.

He'll get a very nasty wakeup call when he learns the only reason anyone pays attention to him is because of his connection to Trump, absolutely no one actually likes him, including Trump himself. Without that he's just a dumb, uncharismatic goober.
In the GOP establishment I'm sure he has no friends to speak of. But the base of people who won Trump the nomination in the first place is as dumb as ever, I'm sure Don Jr. could hoodwink some of them in the same way.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

I've always seen the "Daddy pay attention to me" memes photoshopped on his dumbass book on Twitter, but thought it was just that.....memes. Has Trump actually dunked on his own kid in the past?

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
In the GOP establishment I'm sure he has no friends to speak of. But the base of people who won Trump the nomination in the first place is as dumb as ever, I'm sure Don Jr. could hoodwink some of them in the same way.
He has absolutely zero charisma. None of the children do. They won't do shit, let alone after the Trump name has been turned to dirt.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
I never considered this. If the Republicans use the same primary system as last time, he will be an automatic front runner. This is why if Biden defeats him, he cannot shield him from answering for his crimes in office and all legal matters must be resolved within four years. Because of the precedent set with Nixon, I am not confident that will happen.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
If Biden wins, the dirt on his tax returns will come out.

That's what all of this "they're both the same!" people don't realize. You want Trump in jail? You gotta vote Biden in November.
I'm so fucking tired of the "they're the same!" narrative, and it sounds like you are too. Trump is fucking attacking protestors and trying to mobilize the army against his own people. Biden and Trump aren't remotely the fucking same and whoever says they are isn't paying any sort of attention to what's going on.

JackBauer24

Oct 28, 2017
This is something I fear. Somehow Republicans take control of Congress and stifle anything Biden may want to do and then Trump runs again with the, "I told you so,"excuse. Worse off, one of the drones who have excused his authoritarian methods, insults, and deflections runs along with others in seats all over the country spreading the Trump ideology and poison.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
It depends on how badly he loses. If it's fairly close, he'll run in every election until he dies. His pride won't let him. He'll have to show everyone he can do it again and that he's not a loser (narrator: he is). If it's a huge blowout, then yeah he'll scream voter fraud, deep state, and that he needs your money to keep up the fight, so give those donations! Because, again, his ego is his defining no trait.