• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you take a COVID vaccine right away if it became available soon?

• Give it to, baby.

Votes: 293 39.0%
  • Nah, my grandpa was part of the Tuskegee experiments, son.

Votes: 459 61.0%

• Total voters

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
I'll trust something that isn't coming from the trump administration.

TateRaken

Sep 11, 2018
Rio Rancho NM
I'll only take a vaccine that's been approved by scientists and has plenty of clinical trials behind it. I've got Diabetes and severe asthma as well as being Immunocompromised. I can't take chances with this.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I'm in a high-risk category and I've been told that I'll get it before the general population does. Whenever my GP and my cardiologist (they both think we won't see anything until January or February at the earliest) tell me to take it, I'll take it.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
If it were approved by the FDA as well as agencies from European countries, yeah. I wouldn't have any issue in taking it. But otherwise, nah, not with this administration still in charge.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
I can wait a little bit. One, I can work from home. Two, I'm a cautious type and elderly and front line workers need it more than me. Let them test it out and gimme the shot in February or later.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I'm a student in a health care profession in regular contact with vulnerable people, so I imagine I will probably have to have it once it's been approved here in the UK.

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
I voted with out fully reading. I for some reason thought it said next month. I was like fuck that we are no there near lol.

I would take it if it's fully tested and pass all phases and trials and supportive international by the science and medical industry.

I have a child that is auto immune and would do what is needed to keep him safe. I also have elder family members I interact with so it would not be a question for me personally.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'll listen to trusted experts in the scientific community. Any answer but this one seems absolutely insane to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Serious question: what's the worst that could happen?
Realistically speaking, the worst thing is it just doesn't work.

You would, of course, also want to make sure you had all the information on known side effects, possible adverse effects, or any pre-existing conditions that might have an impact. No one's going to grow a third arm or anything though.

That said, if you're a healthy, young-ish non-critical worker it's probably going to be months and months before you're in line to get one.

Weeros

Apr 11, 2020
I'll take it the second EU & my country officials approve it and it's available to me.

Ellyshia

Oct 27, 2017
If a supermajority of the world's scientists and medical experts say it's safe? Sure. If it's just Trump and the 3 doctors he paid off say it's safe? Fuck that.

Oct 27, 2017
Another poll post without proper context. Are we talking about a vaccine pushed out by Trump but not properly tested and approved? Or a vaccine that is tested and approved by scientists and agencies?

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump has tried his best to wear away the public's confidence in our voting process, in science, in our trust in public servants and a functioning government.

With talks of fast tracking vaccines and there being no way the long term effects can possibly have been tested would you be happy to take a vaccine if released in the next month or would you take a wait and see approach?
I don't think the gen pop gets access to it in the first month.
It will be given to seniors, most vulnerable, and frontline workers - basically those that need it the most.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Obviously it depends on how the approval process for the vaccine went, but I'd add that the first wave of vaccines once approved is going to be 100% limited to healthcare workers and high risk which I am neither of, so its not like I'd be first in line, anyway.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I'd rather wait for enough regular people to test it themselves first as I don't know wtf they're even putting in these vaccines or what it will do to people's bodies.

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
Another poll post without proper context. Are we talking about a vaccine pushed out by Trump but not properly tested and approved? Or a vaccine that is tested and approved by scientists and agencies?
Exactly. If it is properly tested then yes. If it is Prefeser Trump's Snake Oil Cure-All then the answer is no.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
We wouldn't be able to get it if we wanted. If it dropped today my guess is it'd take at least six months before it was available for most of us.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Not a chance lol.
I want a vaccine, but a brand new vaccine is a hell of a lot different than let's say a CoD midnight launch. I don't wanna be there day 1.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
If a covid vaccine was available next month I can only assume it passed all the required agencies and checks required to get to market so sure. There isn't a magic vaccine that gets to market with 0 documentation and testing that we can't follow. So I mean, sure. We aint getting shit this year though.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Happy to let more vulnerable/frontline workers take it first, I am very low risk as I work from home even outside of COVID and can easily go weeks without going outside if need be.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Assuming the availability was enough that I wasn't taking it from people who need it more - 100%.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably look at the response of experts about whether they felt the degree of testing was sufficient or not and make my decision based on that. At this stage even a rushed vaccine will have documented testing, so no matter what Trump does we should have data that can tell us if it seems safe, and if we don't have enough data that should be public as well

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
As long as the scientists say its good (and both Pfizer and Moderna are actively bringing in detractors currently to share the science with them and hopefully get them on board) absolutely.

Those saying we aren't even close aren't paying attention. Pfizer and Moderna are both being pretty clear that they think they're safe, they work, and they're close.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as the scientists say its good (and both Pfizer and Moderna are actively bringing in detractors currently to share the science with them and hopefully get them on board) absolutely.

Those saying we aren't even close aren't paying attention. Pfizer and Moderna are both being pretty clear that they think they're safe, they work, and they're close.
Moncef Slaoui, long time vaccine expert, who is the drumpf appointed director of Warp Speed was on the board of Moderna.
Still want the Moderna one?

20200923-covid-taskforce-3x2.jpg

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
If it's passed the appropriate trials, sure. Thing is we know supply will be limited. By the time I can get my hands on it, we'll know more...