• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I already own a ps4 pro and never had interest in current gen Xbox one games. But this list convinced me to pull the trigger on a used xbone x for 270€ yesterday:

- Skate 3 (x enhanced)
- Jedi academy (x enhanced)
- Kotor I + II (x enhanced)
- Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Battlefield 3
- Battlefield Bad Company 2
- Battlefield 1943
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 (x enhanced)

Back in the days I owned a Xbox 360 but sold all of the stuff. I also know that there will be no more BC games on the Xbox one as of now.

I never liked playing with mouse and keyboard, and I also only play in the living room on the couch so I need my gamepad!

Am I alone with this idea or did anybody else something like this?

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
It's exactly what I did! So many games I loved that were backwards compatible and enhanced over the years, and when they announced a 4K update for Red Dead Redemption, I was all in. Last week I dug up my old Splinter Cell Xbox titles and like magic, the games were downloaded and used the disc just for verification.

My entire hard drive is mostly comprised of Xbox/360 titles - The Darkness, Bully, MGS Collection, all the old SC titles, NG Black and NG 2, SSX, Mercenaries, some old Hitman. It's hilarious when people come over and see the tiles - it's my go to for playing older console games I love. Especially with the magic the BC team pulled off - incredible in every sense of the word.

Last edited:

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely worth it. SSX 3 in 4K is so glorious. Currently going through the FFXIII trilogy now that I'm done with Red Dead 2.

Enhanced BC really encourages to go back.

subtropisch

Jun 23, 2018
I think that's the main reason to get one if it's not your main console haha. So no, I think that's perfectly reasonable.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I already own a ps4 pro and never had interest in current gen Xbox one games. But this list convinced me to pull the trigger on a used xbone x for 270€ yesterday:

- Skate 3 (x enhanced)
- Jedi academy (x enhanced)
- Kotor I + II (x enhanced)
- Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Battlefield 3
- Battlefield Bad Company 2
- Battlefield 1943
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 (x enhanced)

Back in the days I owned a Xbox 360 but sold all of the stuff. I also know that there will be no more BC games on the Xbox one as of now.

I never liked playing with mouse and keyboard, and I also only play in the living room on the couch so I need my gamepad!

Am I alone with this idea or did anybody else something like this?
I mean...you could have got yourself Xbox One S instead and it'll will do the same thing (except some X Enhanced, but that's if you have a 4K TV)...and save even more cash...

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
You kinda have bad timing due to the BC program literally finishing up a week or so ago, but what's currently available is amazing value anyway.
I pretty much did the same, I got mine in October and having access to 4K OG Xbox games - as few as there are - is still awesome! They even perform better, like Jedi Academy is actually 60fps now.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Why not wait a bit longer for Scarlett? One X is what, $500? That's a bit steep for BC only. You'll probably end up paying the same for Scarlett, and it'll have BC too.

P.S.: I hope you didn't make this thread only to hear people tell you "no, it's fine." If you did, ignore my post.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I mean...you could have got yourself Xbox One S instead and it'll will do the same thing (except some X Enhanced, but that's if you have a 4K TV)...and save even more cash...

Xbox one X is one of the only ways it is physically possible to play many last gen games at HD, such as red dead redemption. I'm not exactly super well off so I'll be waiting a few years to get scarlett and play through Red Dead's expansion.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, it's basically all I use it for. The input lag is mostly okay now.

It's not like fucking Ubisoft is ever going to do a Blacklist remaster, so the X enhanced version will suffice.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9290

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I have a 4k TV and no it's not the same. If I would get a one s I could also get a 360 again. The one s doesn't do much for the old games.

Why not wait a bit longer for Scarlett? One X is what, $500? That's a bit steep for BC only. You'll probably end up paying the same for Scarlett, and it'll have BC too.

P.S.: I hope you didn't make this thread only to hear people tell you "no, it's fine." If you did, ignore my post.

As I wrote I only payed 270€, and I can also sell it when scarlett hits.

Shambala

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah fam great investment.. I personally use mines for game pass its a win win investment..

Belmont

Oct 27, 2017
I just did the same thing. While there's a few exclusives I'm interested in, I mainly did it for the enhanced versions of some older games I wanted to play. I saw the $297 deal the other day on eBay and decided that I might as well for that price.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh with the amount of work they've put in to BC, nah that seems a good idea if you use it enough. It's like spending the money of an ok pc that's really good at emulation. But you get lots of old games in 4K.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a good idea. You can probably even "upgrade" it come next-gen at GameStops and such and pick up the next Xbox for 100-150 bringing in your X. All games that run on Xbox One (including the BC 360 and Xbox Original games) will run on that too, presumably with the upgrades X has (or maybe more).

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I mean, like 90% of the reason why I got a cheap Xbox One S was so I could play Lost Odyssey again. It also came with a code for the Master Chief Collection too, which was lovely. That and Rare Replay are still some of the only XB1 games I actually own; the vast majority of games there are Xbox/Xbox 360 games from my old library.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Don't think its a bad reason to buy a console, but I kind of question the timing of it with a new console generation starting next holiday. Assuming you have interest in shiny new toys like most of us here, you'll get 1.5 years of enjoyment out of it. I probably would have just waited for Scarlett myself.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I kept considering it myself(though I'd probably only get an S). I kinda hoped the program would come to PC as well but from the sound of it that'll be a long way off if at all. Really want to play Panzer Dragoon Orta and Ninja Gaiden Black again, I've just never been sure if there are enough other games I can't get on PC or PS4 to justify it. Adding Jet Set Radio Future may have swung it be alas is was not to be.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I kept considering it myself(though I'd probably only get an S). I kinda hoped the program would come to PC as well but from the sound of it that'll be a long way off if at all. Really want to play Panzer Dragoon Orta and Ninja Gaiden Black again, I've just never been sure if there are enough other games I can't get on PC or PS4 to justify it. Adding Jet Set Radio Future may have swung it be alas is was not to be.

Get Gamepass on it and 'not enough games' will not be your problem.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Yes you are. I thought about doing it countless times but it just seemed stupid to me because the Scarlett is just one year away and will probably cost almost the same (ok, your price is pretty great and the Scarlett will probably cost double that).

I can wait this one more year.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The OP doesn't even have the best shit like Lost Odyssey, Forza Horizon 4k, Red Dead Redemption 4k, Gears 2/3 4k and The Witcher 2 4k.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Do yourself a favor and invest in Game Pass (Ultimate is on sale right now, 1$ for a month). Easy and cheap way to check some Microsoft heavy-hitters like Forza Horizon 4, GoW4 and Halo 5. For a buck it's a steal.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Get Gamepass on it and 'not enough games' will not be your problem.
I hope you were not reading what I said as a dig at the Xbox library. I'm just a specfic case where BC is by far the most appealing thing to me and I don't require much else.

Gamepass doesnt come into it as I don't like using subscription sevices.

Oct 27, 2017
I've probably used my X more on BC then current gen games (it was definitely the case before last October but RDR2 and AC Odyssey may have tipped the scales back towards new games). I love going back and playing some older games.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I hope you were not reading what I said as a dig at the Xbox library. I'm just a specfic case where BC is by far the most appealing thing to me and I don't require much else.

Gamepass doesnt come into it as I don't like using subscription sevices.

Oh no. I wasn't being snarky with you.
Just passing on my experience being overwhelmed with the Gamepass library.

I haven't been gaming actively these days because of work + family, but I'm planning to play Ninja Gaiden 2 on BC as soon as I find the time. Plus finish the Xbox Ninja Gaiden Black.

Jan 21, 2019
Any idea what we can expect from the Nextbox in terms of enhancements? Would be cool to get native 8K BC games or at least 8K downsampled to 4K.

Deleted member 55883

Banned
Apr 11, 2019
I had a PS4 Pro (got a cheap finance deal) and a Nintendo Switch (I'm a Nintendo boy).

But when I saw Red Dead Redemption 1 enhanced with an Xbox One X, I went out and bought one purely for that. Managed to get Red Red on disc for £1 from a second hand games store too! Popped the disc in, let it download the update and I couldn't believe my eyes! As this game never came to PC I was literally seeing details in the game never seen before!

I have also since enjoyed 4k Fable, 4k Banjo Kazooie, and I'm currently replaying Gears of War with a friend.

The Xbox One X has now became my main machine, apart from a few PS exclusives and of course the Nintendo stuff on the Switch.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I'm tempted, but if I can't even play the new games coming out, where will I find the time to replay old games?
For those with an X, for these old games are you just popping it in, playing the tutorial and then dropping it? Or are you as committed as if it was a new release?

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I bought one last year for this. Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ninja Gaiden 1&2 justify the purchase for me.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I mean, like 90% of the reason why I got a cheap Xbox One S was so I could play Lost Odyssey again. It also came with a code for the Master Chief Collection too, which was lovely. That and Rare Replay are still some of the only XB1 games I actually own; the vast majority of games there are Xbox/Xbox 360 games from my old library.

I hope you have Sunset Overdrive. If not, you need it, trust me.

With Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts in 4k, everyone should have an X!

Hear hear!

I'm tempted, but if I can't even play the new games coming out, where will I find the time to replay old games?
For those with an X, for these old games are you just popping it in, playing the tutorial and then dropping it? Or are you as committed as if it was a new release?

It's the same as any new game to me - if it grabs me, I'll finish it. Some games I even popped in just for a bit, to see the improvements, and I ended up playing them all the way through.

Last edited:

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
It's exactly what I did! So many games I loved that were backwards compatible and enhanced over the years, and when they announced a 4K update for Red Dead Redemption, I was all in. Last week I dug up my old Splinter Cell Xbox titles and like magic, the games were downloaded and used the disc just for verification.

My entire hard drive is mostly comprised of Xbox/360 titles - The Darkness, Bully, MGS Collection, all the old SC titles, NG Black and NG 2, SSX, Mercenaries, some old Hitman. It's hilarious when people come over and see the tiles - it's my go to for playing older console games I love. Especially with the magic the BC team pulled off - incredible in every sense of the word.
Wait what? You only need the discs for verification?

This changes everything damn, when i get back im digging up my old xbox games

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only bit I would question would be why an X? Surely the OG has the power for playing 360 games