• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Knew what it was going to be before I clicked.

Can confirm, those are for needles and thread and shit.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
oh

i see

this is another "lol im slayven you dont know my actual age" thread

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Whew, nostalgia right there. Used to get these all the time living in Germany.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I tried some for the first time last Christmas. Hated them. I'd rather eat a Lorna Doone.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
The pretzel shaped ones and the rectangle ones with sugar on top are the best. Followed by the rainbow shaped one.

My mom stored odds and ends in them from time to time, but I always looked forward to Christmas when we'd get new tins and delicious cookies.

Banshee

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
There's one of those tins in the living room right now. My grandma was keeping some random candies in there.

They're alright.

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Sadly I think they nerfed the quality of the container recently. A few years ago I bought some of these out of nostalgia and used them to put my kids crayons in. They were sturdy, about how I remembered them as a kid.

But when I bought a tin a few weeks ago the thing was flimsy as shit once you opened it. My grandmas are rolling in their grave.

Maybe I just got a weirdly borked tin? Maybe I'll buy another this week for science.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I had like 2 or 3 tins over Christmas.
The unassuming circle one with the ridges on the left are the secret GOAT of the tin. Then it goes swirly>pretzel>rounded rectangle>>>>>>>>>>the horrible larger round ones.

This is the undisputed ranking don't @ me.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had one of these tins myself for years until something fell on it and crushed it. Kept my weed, rolling papers, lighters and other paraphernalia in there.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Trying to guess Slayven's age is like trying to guess Sakurai's character picks for Smash: you can't snd lives for trolling you guys but it's fun to guess regardless.

Anyhow, the cookies are alright, but you'd think they're luxury brand for the container they're in.

Pirouette containers have been put to good use as of late too.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
You mean they actually sell these with actual cookies in them?

PSA: These containers are great to stash your personal happy leafs

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What you guys don't realize is that Slayven isn't simply a comic book nerd, they are a comic book CHARACTER. So they've never lied about their age, this is just a result of time travel shenanigans

Oct 25, 2017
My grandma would always buy cans of these and have them out.
she'd also have 1 or 2 in the closet with threads and needles.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, growing up with this too. I think the one sold in Thailand is a knock-off brand.
8852052130301_x2_e30-10-2020.jpg

And the curled cookie in the middle of op pic is always the first one gone.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
These are the best, but you all are crazy, the pretzel is the worst one. I like the crunchier ones.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
i always check these for cookies because of the one time i actually found cookies instead of sewing kit stuff

the 1 out of 100 times probably made me who i am today

Nov 27, 2017
My grandparents used to get these but I haven't had them since I was a kid. The ring ones are the best, followed by the pretzel.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I was craving them a few weeks ago. Ordered a tin of them on Amazon while laying in bed for overnight delivery, and they were on my doorstep when I woke up.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
these kind of sucked, but it was this or my grandma's jar of salt water taffy for junk food, and i'd rather eat my own dick than that shit taffy so...

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they were just fancy tupperware containers

91whteETE-L._SL1500_.jpg

Love them. There are imitation tins like these I've found on and off, even with the deep blue colored tins but I don't believe it's from this brand.
I haven't been looking for cookies lately due to COVID 19 and trying to cut calories as ive been less active

Goskarrr

Oct 27, 2017
Sooo good and buttery! Using copious amounts of butter is a bit like cheating bakery skills wise since it makes anything taste good, according to a chef friend of mine at least lols.