• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Just wanted to put this out there since I have literally never seen this before in all my games podcasting listening in the last decade. It is god damn hilarious how many podcasts out there are acknowledging that they can't talk about Death Stranding. I think this is probably one of the earliest embargoed copies Ive seen go out, also seems like most outlets got a ton of copies as well. 99% of the time when a game is embargoed it is brought up like this "We can't about a few games until next week due to embargoes, but dont worry we'll talk about it then". This time though this is how every podcast I have listened to has addressed it.

Host: "Not a lot of news this week, but we have all played Death Stranding."
Others on Podcast: "Yep"
Host: "We really cannot talk about Death Stranding"
Others on Podcast: "But...gah...yeah...no...but I mean...GAHHHHHH"
Host: "DONT TALK ABOUT DEATH STRANDING"
Other on Podcast: "GAAAAHHHHHH"

Literally no idea how Death Stranding will turn out, but I appreciate the squirm its put podcasters in. Has actually made me more interested in a weird way.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Still not hyped for it. Maybe after the reviews? What can they say at this point tho? I think im more hyped for the reviews than for the game I guess

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
its funny listening to different podcasters tone when they mention Death stranding, you can get so much from very subtle tones or reactions.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Kat Baily made a slightly disconcerting "yeeesh" sound on Axe of the Blood God in regard to reviewing it. That's the closest I've encountered to a suggestion of its quality, but maybe it was aimed at the embargo itself... Not long to wait now anyway.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
Cannot wait to hear Dan Ryckert unload, based on what he's suggested over the past couple of weeks it's going to be pretty entertaining

I can't figure out what he meant by saying he wants to give RDR2 another shot though

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I feels like every bugger on the planet has already finished the game weeks ago but nobody can talk about it.
Its kinda absurd to be honest.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which thread is this, that got created just because someone teased their opinion on a podcast/on their site/in a video on Death Stranding?
The third? Fourth? Jeez people, calm down and just wait for the embargo to drop

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The ways Dan has tiptoed around how much he clearly hates the game is hilarious.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna get 10s and 4s. It's gonna be all over the place and the meltdowns will be glorious.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
LOL I just started noticing the same thing. My hunch is that it's very controversial, but don't want to get in trouble for beaking the embargo. I'm very fascinated to hear people's thoughts about the game for sure though.

Dusk22

Dec 4, 2017
Denver
Cannot wait to hear Dan Ryckert unload, based on what he's suggested over the past couple of weeks it's going to be pretty entertaining

I can't figure out what he meant by saying he wants to give RDR2 another shot though

Total guess but I think he might say Death Stranding may control or move slow. Dan being a huge Kojima mark, may defend it. Which would make him backpedal on all hiss negativity with RDR2's animations.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Kat Baily made a slightly disconcerting "yeeesh" sound on Axe of the Blood God in regard to reviewing it. That's the closest I've encountered to a suggestion of its quality, but maybe it was aimed at the embargo itself... Not long to wait now anyway.

Considering some of the revealed aspects of the writing and characters (Kojima and female characters go together like oil and lit matches) I'm very interested in hearing what she has to say about the game.

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not excited for this at all, have a feeling it's going to be a heavily dialogued bunch of weirdness. I'm expecting it to sale well based on the hype but it will get a 78-82 rating IMHO

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Tightest NDA ever?

Still there have been some who openly said they can't wait to talk about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
This is going to be the most divisive game since Red dead 2. Its going to be the absolute worst for some and the absolute best for others.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
Total guess but I think he might say Death Stranding may control or move slow. Dan being a huge Kojima mark, may defend it. Which would make him backpedal on all hiss negativity with RDR2's animations.
That's a pretty good read, but suggesting he'd be willing to give RDR2 another shot would suggest he's now okay with those animations, which would mean he enjoys some element of Death Stranding? Which goes against every other utterance he's given about it. Like I said, can't wait for all this to unravel one way or another

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I wish they'd stop talking about not being able to talk about it. 😒
I'm approaching Joker levels of "I don't want to hear about this anymore."

...and I've pre-ordered the damn Deluxe Edition.

The Internet: "Something something DEATH STRANDING!"

Me:

Chandler-Bing-Shut-up.gif

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Based on what? There were other games, many games over several year where you weren't allowed to talk about until... well... the embargo dropped
Still there have been some who openly said they can't wait to talk about it
Because it is, based on what everyone can see, a very "different" game, the first non-MGS game Kojima created in a long time and cleraly something that will be be decisive. If I had played it, I would also wanna talk about it

Oct 26, 2017
Why does era have this narrative with this game? I'm genuinely curious why people think this will be divisive.

SkillUp really likes this game, GiantBomb hates the game, Kat doesn't seem to like the game much based on the podcast quote above (assuming it's accurate), Parish is openly hostile to the game based on its trailers but he won't be reviewing it. So some division there.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, apart from liking the visuals and being interested in the story, this looks like the literal opposite of everything i enjoy and find interesting in a game. I doubt i'm alone on this. I think there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people come review time.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I cant believe Dan might like Red dead 2 more then Death stranding, thats fucking wild because he has the closest taste in games of the crew to me and Red dead 2 is the opposite of a game I want to play.