• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Plants vs Zombies

PC
Vita
PS3
Xbox 360
iOS
Android - Free-to-Play
DS

Beat the campaign several times on each version, so it's probably my most beaten game of all time.

The Maestro

Feb 12, 2018
I triple dipped on The Witcher 3. Beaten it on all three. I regret nothing.
source.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Tetris for sure. I bought it for every single console I ever owned. Sometimes multiple versions of it on one console. And I will keep doing so.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Souls on numerous consoles. Different builds and challenges every time. I don't know why no other games in the series have booked me like the first one.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I bought Nier Automata 4 times, and would have bought it for XBOX too if there are physical copies as I don't have the console.

I also bought Planescape Torment 3 times, the original discs from 1999, GOG and steam.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Kingdom Heart 2 (JP)
Kingdom Hearts 2 (EN)
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix (JP)
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 PS3
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 PS4

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Not counting re-releases, since they are most of the time released too far from each other; I usually triple-dip with Mortal Kombat.

Still did with MK11. Switch, Xbox and PS4.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I own Streets of Rage 2 on Mega Drive, Wii, 3DS, PC and it may be in one of the PS2/Xbox/GC gen Sonic collections I own but I can't recall which.

Used to double dip a lot more than I do now. Decided to curb this behaviour and just wait for PC versions as much as possible. Tired of rebuying stuff just because of poor backward compatibility support.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Triple-dipping is nothing. There's a whole bunch of games I triple-dipped on.

My current record is quintuple-dipping:
- Chrono Trigger (SFC, SNES, PSX, PC, DS)
- Xenoblade (Wii JP, Wii EU, 3DS physical & digital, Wii U digital)

Xenoblade is going to win once the Definitive Edition comes out, so you'd better port CT to modern consoles, Square Enix!
(These are my two favorite games of all time, by the way)

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
XQEHf2I.jpg

I can explain.
I bought the Steelbook day one. I loved the game. But I had no income. I sold just the disc within like two months, and made back like $50. Cool. But I wanted to replay the game after a while. Wow cool PS3 copy is $15 on sale right now, let's get it. (I never opened it, never played it whoops.) Whoa, $15 PS4 copy months later. I can make this my to-play PS4 copy. My Uncle found a PS3 copy at a pawn shop for $3. Case is all busted. Saw the Greatest Hits version at a Best Buy, needed it for that red case, also it rounded out my collection to 5 copies of Persona 5.

Not sure it really counts for what you're saying, but.. considering if it hit Switch I'd totally triple dip, I thought it'd fit well enough to post lol.

Actually, I did buy Minecraft on just about every console I've ever bought. But PS3>4 was cross buy I think? Or maybe it was 3>Vita. Regardless, I can't remember buying it multiple times there. And 360 definitely cross bought the XBone version. Or maybe that's just Gamepass. Let's just say I have it on PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I've bought Mass Effect 3 thrice. The first one didn't arrive on the release date, so I went to a store and bought another copy. I wasn't going to wait over the weekend to play it, just because the post office screwed up again. Sold the other to my friend, when it finally arrived. Then about a half year later, my 60GB PS3 got the dreaded YLOD, with the game disc inside. So, I bought another copy to be able to play the multiplayer, and a PS3 slim, and donated the other to someone in the old place when I got the fatty back. Eventhough the system was repaired, I didn't want to risk the YLOD happening again, so I just bought a new model.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
I have never done this.

I've been considering buying the Bioshock Collection for the PS4 though.

Cubeikon

Oct 29, 2017
I think it's Yoshi's Island. Bought it two times (SNES & GBA) but have it also via the ambassador program for the 3DS and Switch online if you want to count these.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's Secret of Mana, I own the original SNES cartridge, the Wii Virtual Console release, the mobile remaster, the remake on PC and Collection of Mana both physical and digital on Switch. Super Mario World should be close second :P

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I have Ori and The Blind Forest on Xbox One, PC and Switch.

The other one is Tomb Raider 2013 (PS3, PS4, PC).

Some others are double dips only.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Of Modern games..

Xenoblade Chronicles: Wii - Wii U - 3DS - Switch when ever that launches

I do own every single version of SMB for the NES...

Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt
Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt/Track Meet
Super Mario Brothers/Tetris/World Cup

And a couple of different regional versions as well so I dont know maybe 6-7 copies or something like that.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Triple dipped Bayonetta 1 and 2.

Gonna tripple dip Xenoblade with the definitive version. :P

Flounder

Oct 28, 2017
Biggest multi-dip for me:

Rez [PS2]
Rez HD [X360]
Rez: Infinite [PS4, PC, Android/DaydreamVR]

RE4 is probably second.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I've got Rocket League on PC, PS4 and switch. That's probably the one I can happily play on any platform at any time. It's still the game of the gen for me so far in terms of how addictive I find it..

I bought the Arkham Games on PS3, Wii U and PS4.

I would probably buy any Star Wars game made for Switch, and obviously over the years I've been fleeced for VC titles.

I've been tempted to double dip on Edith Finch, Alien Isolation, Unravel 1&2 and others.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
Over the tears I played though Broken Sword on: PC, GBA, smartphone and Wii

Think PS1 is the only notable version I haven't played

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
The first four games I bought for PS4 I bought on disk, and later I bought digital copies - God of War, Bloodborne, The Last of Us, Spider-Man. I also bought RDR2 twice - for PS4 and recently for PC. I intend to buy Death Stranding twice as well, when the PC version arrives.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Ape Escape 2. I've bought this 3 times, and played through it on every generation of playstation. Mostly for Monkey Football.

Also Doom, but who hasn't?

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Tie between Final Fantasy VII (PS3, PS4, PC and Switch) and Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2, PS3, Vita and 3DS). No regret whatsoever tho

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
Okami, RE4 and FFVII—XII have all been recurring purchases for me. Typically it works out and I play the games a few times on their current platform!

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
So last night I caved and downloaded Stardew Valley for the Switch, even though I already have it for mobile and PS4. It's the first time I've ever gotten a game THREE times, even though I've purchased quite a few games twice for different platforms.

Anyone else guilty of this? What games did it to you?

Also pls don't tell my wife.

Batman Arkham Asylum - own the base game on Xbox 360, PS3, PC
Got the GOTY edition for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC not long after.

Getting it on 360 and PC was a master stroke, 4000 very easy achievement points :D.
Ohhh and I've collected it again via the return to arkham collection on ps4 and xbox one.

I've done similar with Arkham City (base game + goty editions on pc/ps3/xbox 360)
Arkham Knight as well (base game and goty editions on ps4/xbox one..... own the base game + all dic on pc. I have the Arkham Knight PS4 console that came with the physical retail copy.... I purchased the digital version later on!).

I've double/triple dipped on many titles over the years.

I own many versions of GTA: Vice City for example - original ps2 version, original pc retail digi pack version, re-released amray dvd case edition, a pc digital download version on a uk game site (before Australia had access to them via Steam), then years later on Steam.

I USED TO buy Fifa/NBA 2K on ps3/360/pc - purely so I could play with certain friends that had it on one system but not the others.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I think the most I've done was double-dipping.
Examples include:
VA-11 Hall-a on PC and Switch (physical)
Stardew Valley on PC and Switch
And probably more that I currently don't remember.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
I have 3 copies of Titanfall 2, 3 of Ori and the Blind Forest, 3 copies of Mass Effect 2. There maybe are a dozen if not more double dips.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Life is Strange. X1, PC, PS4. I never realized that kind of game was my thing until I played it for the first time around Thanksgiving.

I've now double-dipped on Before the Storm and Life is Strange 2. Might not triple those though.

That's hella dedicated, shaka brah.

RE4 is my go-to game for this type of thing, like quadruple-dipped. XB1 Game Pass was my latest playthrough, but technically I didn't buy it.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Resident Evil 4
GC
Wii
Xbox 360
PC (Steam version)
PS4
Switch

Dead Rising
Xbox 360
Xbox One
PS4
PC

Metal Gear Soild collection
PS2
Xbox 360
PS3

RE2 Remake
PS4
Xbox One
PC

DMC Collection
PS2
Xbox 360
PS3
PS4

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are a shitload of Nintendo games I've triple-dipped on, mainly because they're dicks who don't let you carry over digital purchases and I needs ma Super Mario Bros.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The classic Doom games. Doom is infinitely replayable for me, especially considering the custom .wad and mod scene.
SNES
32X
PS1
N64 (Doom 64, but still..)
PC. CD versions, Steam and GOG.

The classic Tomb Raider games. I still replay them once in a while.
Only PS1 and PC, but on PC I had the original CD versions, and I also have them on Steam.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Right now I can only think of two games I've triple dipped on

Okami (Wii, PS3, Switch)
Undertale (PC, PS4, Switch)

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
GTA V on 360, PS4 and PC.

Planescape Torment back in the day, then on Steam and then on iPad.

Chrono Trigger on SNES, Playstation and then DS.

Only ones I can think of at the moment.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Final Fantasy 7 is a must for me.

I have the original copy (not greatest hits) for PS1
PC version
PSN store digital version
Switch version
and soon the Remake

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I've bought FFXIV for PS3, PS4, and PC. I don't think I need another copy now that I have it on PC but I may be tempted into a PS5 version, especially because SE makes it super easy to transfer hotbars, HUD, macros, and other game settings.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Games I've done a triple dip (or more) on:
  • Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64, technically Gamecube, Wii VC, 3DS)
  • Zelda: OoT (N64, technically Gamecube, 3DS)
  • Bayonetta (360, Wii U, Switch)
I don't think I've done this for any other games, though I have double dipped a fair amount (many of which happened on Switch).