• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kath and Kim (it's on Netflix in Canada, not sure about elsewhere) from Australia.
fashion-journal-kathandkim1.mob_.jpg

Also, Friday Night Dinner from the UK.
9d104758-8d5f-4b89-a419-ad09dae5840b-compressor.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. I don't think it streaming on anything, but you can find them all on YouTube. Only 6 episodes, but it's one of my favorite shows ever.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'll second Schitt's Creek. It has some good feels later on too.

did you ever try Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix? It's funny as fuck, but it's a little bit different than what everyone else is mentioning

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. I don't think it streaming on anything, but you can find them all on YouTube. Only 6 episodes, but it's one of my favorite shows ever.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is crazy funny. Co-written by Richard Ayoade (of IT Crowd fame) who is also one of the 4 main characters. Also has Matt Berry from the IT Crowd. Premise is that Garth Marenghi is the worst horror writer ever and he made a horror TV show & he thinks everything he does is brilliant. Each episode is interspersed with mock interviews with the cast. It's the smartest intentionally bad piece of media I've ever watched.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Another vote for Schitts Creek. I just binged it over the past 2 weeks and it's amazing. And the obvious ones like Curb.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
It's Always Sunny
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Seinfeld
Scrubs
30 Rock
Trailer Park Boys
Veep
Arrested Development(scratch that)
Cheers
Schitts Creek

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
Always Sunny is my go-to recommendation, but if you're looking for something you can binge, I thought Man Seeking Woman was hilarious and an extremely unique, surrealist show. Plus it's only a few seasons long.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
What We Do In The Shadows is great! First season is on Hulu and season two actually starts tonight on FX (next day on Hulu).

Oct 25, 2017
One of the GOATs. Not for everyone, but an absolute treat for some of us.
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is crazy funny. Co-written by Richard Ayoade (of IT Crowd fame) who is also one of the 4 main characters. Also has Matt Berry from the IT Crowd. Premise is that Garth Marenghi is the worst horror writer ever and he made a horror TV show & he thinks everything he does is brilliant. Each episode is interspersed with mock interviews with the cast. It's the smartest intentionally bad piece of media I've ever watched.
Happy to see other fans of the show. I've never really looked into what kind of following it has and I don't seem to recall it being mentioned much online. It just hits all the right buttons for me.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Veep is awesome but it's essentially just The Thick of It-lite, fyi. If you liked Veep, definitely give The Thick of It a check (also check out In The Loop and Death of Stalin).
Heard of The Thick of It a while ago, might check it out soon. Peep Show is another one I've been meaning to jump into, especially since I love David Mitchell.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Portlandia is great, if you haven't watched it yet (Netflix). Kind of a sketch show with a lot of improv and recurring characters. It also tends to have a more upbeat/happy sense of humor (though it gets dark occasionally). It's one of the few shows I can tolerate rewatching over and over, it's just so good.

www.youtube.com

No, You Go | Portlandia | IFC

No no, YOU, go. For more Portlandia videos: http://goo.gl/sJUx4A #PortlandiaSubscribe to IFC to see clips, behind the scenes, web exclusives, and more!: http...

Last edited:

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Also, try looking up "Big Fat Quiz" on YouTube. It's a yearly special from the UK where they ask questions about the year (or the decade) to a bunch of celebrities & comedians. Sometimes the contestants take things seriously, but mostly they just mess around and try to make each other laugh. Each one is about an hour and a half and there are a lot of them so that'll last you a while if you like it.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
Veep is the single funniest show I've seen, and I believe it's free on HBO right now

Some others I've loved in the last five years or so are Curb Your Enthusiasm, Atlanta, Brooklyn 99, Barry, and The Good Place

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
Happy to see other fans of the show. I've never really looked into what kind of following it has and I don't seem to recall it being mentioned much online. It just hits all the right buttons for me.
As basic as it is, this entire segment is an all time top 3 as far as getting me to laugh uncontrollably.

"I'm sure we all feel that he exploded too young, but, the Lord moves in mysterious ways. Sometimes, he'll come in at an angle. Other times, he can hover, then swoop. Sometimes he can come in from beneath, like a worm, or mole. But, Lord, it's his call how he chooses to manoeuvre."

Absolutely slays me... then the shooting segment with Dean Learner going crazy with the shotgun just kills me. I'm in tears again just rewatching it.

Game Fan

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Fleabag (Prime) - absolutely unique, raunchy, dark, hilarious meta show

Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix) - straight giggles for days. Goofy, whimsical, NY focused

Superstore (Hulu) - fun, lighthearted workplace humour show

Shameless (I forget where it streams) - pretty damn funny, poor, criminal, disfunctional family show. First 3 seasons are strong

Atlanta - trippy, struggle, hip hop, Atlanta based show

Everybody needs to give Fleabag a chance. I'm glad I did.

Kimmy Schmidt it's worth for Titus Andromedon alone. The son a bitch steals EVERY scene he is in.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching a shit ton of British comedy (newer stuff). I REALLY enjoyed Uncle, and Friday Night Dinner. Bad Education is good too. Just started this show called Peep Show last night and it seems so hilarious although the camera work is giving me motion sickness

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Schitt's Creek, though it starts a bit slow like Parks and Community.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
I finished S7 of Veep with HBO being free for the time being. Excellent show, amazing cast, so we'll written. One of those shows you could watch again and be like wow I missed that joke the first time.

Definitely check out Veep while it's free.

30 Rock is probably up you alley too based on your taste, so another vote for that. Brooklyn 99 would be my seal of approval too.

VEEP, 30 Rock and Brooklyn 99.

That's your assignment, report back in 28 weeks.