• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Sorry for bump but this is the last update:

Things will the new apartment didn't pan out and after much deliberation , me and my wife have decided to move back to PR next month, I was against it at first but going back there with what I make now, we can live really good over there while I fight for SS and to fix my credit.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't you still have time?
You said that you have to move out by gen 26.
Still plenty of time to find a place to stay.
But if other factor also contributed to your decision, best of luck.
Your stay in PR don't have do be sucky, think what you did not liked previously and see if you can do something about it before moving.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for bump but this is the last update:

Things will the new apartment didn't pan out and after much deliberation , me and my wife have decided to move back to PR next month, I was against it at first but going back there with what I make now, we can live really good over there while I fight for SS and to fix my credit.
That sounds like a reasonable plan while you regroup and rebuild. I hope you and your wife make the best of it and it goes well for you!

What is PR? Best of luck to you OP. I hope everything works out in your favor.
I'd assume it's Puerto Rico.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
The hard part is finding a place that allows dogs. Took me months to find a decent place that was okay with me owning a 90+ lb dog.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
That sounds like a reasonable plan while you regroup and rebuild. I hope you and your wife make the best of it and it goes well for you!

I'd assume it's Puerto Rico.
Thank you :) , I was rather sad at first, but honestly the thought of all the money we'll be saving makes it worth it.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Next month will be wild, haven;t gone to PR since 2014.

Éxito!
It's not in a good state at all. Last I went was 2019 and it was bad, can't imagine pandemic and post earthquakes. Friends usually don't talk about the situation in good light but I wish you the best. It is what you make out of it and the island still has potential, just being squandered the Fuck out. Do remember SS benefits are lower in the island, especially no supplemental part AFAIK. Life sucks and can get tough, hang in there

Si necesitas ayuda o algo me envías un PM. Suerte!

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Legit felt happy seeing how the messages got increasibly optimistic. Sometimes is fine to go back to your family to bounce back, might as Well be on an island.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Éxito!
It's not in a good state at all. Last I went was 2019 and it was bad, can't imagine pandemic and post earthquakes. Friends usually don't talk about the situation in good light but I wish you the best. It is what you make out of it and the island still has potential, just being squandered the Fuck out. Do remember SS benefits are lower in the island, especially no supplemental part AFAIK. Life sucks and can get tough, hang in there

Si necesitas ayuda o algo me envías un PM. Suerte!
Ahh gracias y si yo se que las cosas estan malas alla, pero por lo menos tengo familia que me van a ayudar cuando llegue, y puedo guardar mucho dinero alla, y arreglar mi credito mas facil que aqui en NY.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
So you've got family that can help you in PR, you'll be saving good money, and you can keep the doggos.

I know this isn't how you expected 2020 to end / 2021 to begin, but it sounds like you and your wife and doggos will be OK, OP! I'm glad it's going to work out.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
So you've got family that can help you in PR, you'll be saving good money, and you can keep the doggos.

I know this isn't how you expected 2020 to end / 2021 to begin, but it sounds like you and your wife and doggos will be OK, OP! I'm glad it's going to work out.
Thank and yes, there was no way in hell I was going to give up my doggos, especially after what we went through bringing one of them here from Alaska.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I hope this bump is ok but I'm leaving NY in 12 days , I'm getting nervous lol (I hate flying) but I haven't felt this hopeful in a long time , in a way my lease not being renewed turned out to be one of the biggest blessings in disguise ever.