• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You're damn right, OP. Thank you for saying it. I'm enjoying it too and optimistic about its future.

Careful of the brigade here though. Anthem is the current target of choice.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Yeah, this is an OT message made a thread that shouldn't.

Also the OP has a lot of overblown positivity.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Can't say I agree with much, I do think the potential is there to be a good game in a year or so

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
I like some of Biowares stuff and I think the idea of Anthem is awesome and how it looks but playing that game with the problems that it has is just unacceptable especially after you put out a game like Mass Andromeda. No excuses..

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Warned: Accusations of company shilling
OP, do you work at EA? Asking for a friend

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
You're damn right, OP. Thank you for saying it. I'm enjoying it too and optimistic about its future.

You're allowed to like a game without feeling like a victim of some kind of targeted attack. If other people's opinions hurt you so much you should reconsider posting on a general video game forum.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Posts like this, for any game that's a massive mess, will forever be super weird in my view. Like, you enjoy a game that's massively flawed, that's cool, you have fun. But the whole "Other people are criticizing the game, so I have to create a separate thread specifically to say how much I love it, while hand-waiving all the problems, and jerking off the developer"...Yeah man, it's just weird.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Having this type of attitude towards criticisms is asinine and let's developers/companies off the hook too easily.

Granted some may just be doing it for the hell of it but the game is fundamentally flawed throughout and is behind other titles in the same genre that released years ago in basic ass features. They deserve all the criticism cause the game is seriously behind even what they themselves advertised it being.

Handwaiving all these issues away because "fuck you im having fun and if you complain you're just a troll" is a very shortsighted and terrible way to approach this.

Enjoy what you like, but don't complain when the next big game comes out and is severely lacking cause it's people like you that grease the wheels for these companies so they can keep churning out terrible products and keep making money because once again "fuck you I'm having fun though!".

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
No one is stopping you from enjoying it. Congrats you're enjoying a game with a ton of technical flaws I guess tho

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. This was my second disappointing purchase from BioWare after Andromeda. It's not even a case of this being some B-team fucking up anymore, it's Edmonton fucking up with an even worse product than what Montreal produced.

BioWare is poopy butt as far as I'm concerned. This cements they ain't shit no more. Have fun with it, but I can't.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I understanding a couple of comments here correctly? Anthem isn't a bad game and most of era dislikes it because it's en vogue to hate on BioWare?

LoL, what's next? Reviews were bad because it was played on pc with keyboard and mouse?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

The brigade of people who want to like a game but don't from a studio they want to like but don't. Ok.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
You can subjectively like something flawed, but the fact is, the game objectively has tons of flaws.

Happy that you're having fun OP but the hyperbole is strong in that first post.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Don't know if you've noticed but a lot outlets have been shitting on Anthem, not just ERA. There seems to be a correlation.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
I'm personally enjoying it also, I play all games for story/lore and I'm finding the lore to be handled way better than destiny/d2. But I can see were people are having a really hard time with it if that's not there thing, I have not seen any bugs but the constant load screens is extremely frustrating, I would rank it personally to me right under diablo 3 and borderlands one and two.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like it a lot when it works, but it deserves the reviews it received considering the state it is in. Hopefully it gets a chance to grow.

Oct 30, 2017
Anthem is great, and sorry OP but GAF/ERA is one of the most toxic and hating places on the internet in regards to Bioware, it's visceral ; every game, every thread, there's nothing to do about it.

I mean you just have to look at the first reply, wish that kind of behavior would have disappeared by now

Its just not BW stuff. Era is just overly hateful when it comes to discussing anything they don't like. Its like the need to leave a comment displaying their rage or negativity for things is so powerful they can't help it. If you were to walk into a real life representation of this place it would be a circus.

That being said there's positive corners of era, and good discussions to be had. Just don't disagree with someone.

Nice try Bioware employee,but we ain't buying

In all seriousness though,what OP's saying is exaggerated asf

It's not exaggerated. The game is fun. If you didn't have a good experience with it because of all the bugs, than I would completely respect that. But, outside of the bugs and endgame issues (which every game has post game issues) there isn't much to complain about.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
its fine to enjoy a game, nothing wrong with that, but to deny its shortcomings and myriad of problems is just ignorant

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Op is so exaggeratedly positive I really cant believe their intention is not formed mostly by the negativity online and not the actual game quality. Sounds like you are describing a 10/10 game.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Even though negative posts that should go in the OT never have people claiming it "should be in the OT" the positive one, of course, has people saying it should be. OP it's a nice sentiment but your barking up the wrong tree posting this on ERA, the majority here and outside of here have declared it is what it is.

Even if it somehow improved as say... No Man Sky did or Destiny has over the years, the majority of people will only ever refer to it as to what it is right now. The amount of Destiny is dead or Destiny is bad that still exists out there drives me nuts and this game if it survives this will suffer the same fate.

I think the way the story works in this game is exactly what I wanted destiny to do, but they have a long way until they are at Destiny Quality of Life levels for most everything else.

Zasa

Oct 25, 2017
Am I understanding a couple of comments here correctly? Anthem isn't a bad game and most of era dislikes it because it's en vogue to hate on BioWare?

LoL, what's next? Reviews were bad because it was played on pc with keyboard and mouse?
ResetEra.com is just fake news, only website in the world that dislikes this game as there's clearly an agenda vs BioWare.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Posts like this, for any game that's a massive mess, will forever be super weird in my view. Like, you enjoy a game that's massively flawed, that's cool, you have fun. But the whole "Other people are criticizing the game, so I have to create a separate thread specifically to say how much I love it, while hand-waiving all the problems, and jerking off the developer"...Yeah man, it's just weird.

100% this

Switch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales
Or just explain how people in general feel/think about Anthem in any other place, besides Bioware fan forums

Some with the most to say don't own the game

I'm seeing more & more the online based press pandering to what's said on gaming forums and social media, not to upset their clicks and hits to their websites

The game is really good, yes there are a number of flaws, but the game is good and the world utterly spectacular. It's a pretty solid 7 out of 10 imo.

The respawing, when getting separated from your group, sucks ass though

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Anthem is great, and sorry OP but GAF/ERA is one of the most toxic and hating places on the internet in regards to Bioware, it's visceral ; every game, every thread, there's nothing to do about it.

I mean you just have to look at the first reply, wish that kind of behavior would have disappeared by now

Yeah. This is the only place online that thinks Anthem is a subpar attempt at whatever the fuck EA/Bioware were trying to make.

That's fine if OP is enjoying his time but that game is not something we should be applauding Bioware for.

It's such a damn bummer what happened to Bioware/Anthem. I don't think anyone is happy about the game being just meh.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Some with the most to say don't own the game

I'm seeing more & more the online based press pandering to what's said on gaming forums and social media, not to upset their clicks and hits to their websites

The game is really good, yes there are a number of flaws, but the game is good and the world utterly spectacular. It's a pretty solid 7 out of 10 imo.

The respawing, when getting separated from your group, sucks ass though
I own the game. It's bad. 5/10 bad.

Many who own the game don't like it. Crazy.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017

This is only on the back of three heavily criticised games in a row. People here still sing the praises on ME2, or KOTOR. Even games like Jade Empire have plenty of fans here.

Put it this way. If Bioware released an amazingly well received game, there would be very little resistance to cellebrating that and there would be a sea of "Bioware is back!" posts.

Oct 25, 2017
I played about 5 hours of the Division 2, and I think I've gotten more out of it than the entirety of Anthem.

I think the gunplay is better in Anthem, and the skills, and to a lesser degree story, but I don't really care about that aspect in either games.

But it feels like the amount of things TO DO in D2 is vastly superior. The D2 beta feels like a better package in almost every way.

Anthem has maybe a more interesting look when it comes to the world, but you so frequently fly over it that I rarely engage with it. D2 world feels more alive honestly with roaming NPC allies that you can actually call in when fighting control points.

End game is so important to these games.

You just have to ask yourself. What are you doing right now in the end game? Are you just grinding the same strong holds over and over?

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
I beat Anthem and then continued to play for another 10 hours.

It blows my mind how small the game really is.

Contracts are nothing at all, just a tool to set up the end game challenges. Such as having to complete 25 contracts as part of a challenge. The contract itself, is merely a random quest where you go out to about 3 points in the map and kill shit. Sometimes you have to use one of the 3 quest mechanics. Such as gathering the thing and taking it to the other thing, or gathering the other thing and delivering it to the other thing, or my favorite, gathering the things within a time limit.

Strongholds aren't that great either. They aren't nearly as interesting as Destiny strikes, WoW dungeons, or FF14 dungeons. The game is just lacking any kind of dynamic gameplay.

The combo system turned out to be boring, especially compared to how combos worked in Mass Effect 2.

There are minimal skills per class. The loot doesn't leave much to the imagination as far as builds go.

The games combat is fun, but it doesn't have the meat to last right now.

I love Bioware, I love loot games, this game is bad.

I think OP loves the game right now, but one day in the middle of playing it's going to hit him. Unless of course Bioware's updates come strong and quickly.

I hope so, I would love to play more, but there is no point with Division 2, Monster Hunter World, and Destiny 2.

Oct 30, 2017
Op is so exaggeratedly positive I really cant believe their intention is not formed mostly by the negativity online and not the actual game quality. Sounds like you are describing a 10/10 game.

I think we are all aware of what is going on with Anthem, there is no reason for OP to regurgitate it. for once its nice to have someone stand up and say hey, i really like the game and here's why. This isnt a professional reviewer who's job is to be objective. But Era is the wrong place for such optimism or positive acts.