• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
57d756c5-d382-4de0-a702-e36c0121d241.jpg

Elite2Inline2.png

Who's picking this bad boy up on Nov 4?
Kinda bummed they couldn't release this alongside COD. :/

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to, I just hope it doesn't break as quickly as the original model. Went through 2 of those before giving up.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
It definitely looks cool. Glad MS is moving to USBC and I hope the Elite controllers are a sign of things to come for the next Xbox controllers.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not for one reason.

quality

I don't believe Microsoft has changed how much they care about quality. I owned the first version. It's not built well at all. Grips and RB were my issues. RB broke. Grip fell off.

V2 has a internal battery. I wish it didn't. You would be better off buying the removable battery back and just recharging that.

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
I really really really want one...but not at $180.

$125 and I would be all about it. I'll just wait for a sale or price drop.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm getting it with store credit. Old Elite goes to my Xbox and the new one on PC. It's overpriced as fuck but once it use it and go back to the standard controller it's a big difference.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
It's pretty nice, I'd certainly enjoy it, but it's way too expensive. Worth it? To some, sure. Not saying it's not worth the price for everyone, but it's just too expensive for me.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i canceled my preorder last week =(

really, i have no need for it just yet. still got my elite v1 (hanging in there with a broken paddle and duct tape for grip!) and a fully functional x1x default controller. i'll pick one up, likely when one of these fail or when infinite hits, but no sense in being there day 1.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Have it pre-ordered and can't wait. I have 2 (one for my wife) of the original and they are perfect, zero issues with them. The Elite 2 with the adjustment to the stick tension is what I really am looking forward too. The fact that the internal battery has a 40 hours of game play per full charge is a nice touch even though I never liked internal battery controllers (DS4)...but I am glad it is one that has a long battery life.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
I had no idea the first one had build issues. My first one which I got day one is still going strong. Probably wont get the 2nd one till Scarlett comes out unless ofcourse they bundle it with the console in a SKU :D

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably upgrade. Want it for bluetooth. My v1 is still holding up bc MS replaced it but its only a matter of time before it goes and they've said they've addressed the build issues.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Very expensive, no gyro, paddles are just remapped buttons rather than their own buttons. Pass.

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
Hyped! Have one preordered for in store pickup at Best Buy on release date. I have two elites currently, one about 8 months old and one launch unit that is still going strong. I have had no problems with either of my controllers. Now I will have two V1 elites for my X's and the V2 will go to my living room PC.

Rathorial

Oct 28, 2017
Zero hype. Doesn't add enough new features, my old elite still going strong, and they took out the removable AA eneloop battery option.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wish I could afford this this month (or this year) but my gaming budget has basically been swallowed up already with some unexpected outgoings and I just can't even consider it at the moment. The controller looks beautiful though. One day hopefully.

I got a V1 Elite the day they came out but it basically doesn't work anymore. I'm using a basic Xbox One controller until I can get back in the game with a V2.

Jrs3000

Oct 26, 2017
USA
I'm getting it. Bought extended plan from bestbuy on ver 1. The rubber peeled off so I'm going to use that as a reason to return and upgrade.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
not interested as i have the old version with an adapter that works on all consoles and this one isn't compatible

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
My Original elite has been going strong for over a year now so ill probably pick this up eventually.

The tension adjustment on the sticks is enough for me to instantly want it!

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did they make it lighter? I found the first one too heavy to use comfortably and sold it.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Easy pass. Don't have the $200 for it and I'd rather wait to see if there are still build quality issues like with the first version anyway.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to be Day 1, but upon second thought I cancelled. My (third warranty replaced) V1 has been working well.

There's also the point of build issues. I've had to replace several for Left Stick drifting. At least I love the controller, unlike Joycons. But I
won't be the guinea pig this time.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I came close to buying this over the Kait controller, but not being able to customise the colour scheme pushed me away.

MattEnth

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
I just cancelled my preorder.

My Xbox Elite Controller 1 started getting a stuck bumper after ~ 4 months of use, stuck B button after another 2 months. It was unusuable after 7 months. I took it to a Microsoft store, and they told me "sorry, out of warranty. Buy another."

The Xbox Elite Controller 2 has a 90 day warranty. It's ridiculous considering the product is $180.

I didn't get enough use out of the "elite" functions of my Series 1 controller. For a $140 markup, you're really just getting a better feel.

Might pick one up from Best Buy (with the $40 extra warranty) or Costco (which I've heard has generous return policies) but haven't done enough research yet.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I love how the case has a usb c port for charging the controller while in the case. Neat touch.
My current Xbox controller is a pain in the ass to charge and connect via Bluetooth so i hope this one is a quality of life improvement.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I just cancelled my preorder.

My Xbox Elite Controller 1 started getting a stuck bumper after ~ 4 months of use, stuck B button after another 2 months. It was unusuable after 7 months. I took it to a Microsoft store, and they told me "sorry, out of warranty. Buy another."

The Xbox Elite Controller 2 has a 90 day warranty. It's ridiculous considering the product is $180.

I didn't get enough use out of the "elite" functions of my Series 1 controller. For a $140 markup, you're really just getting a better feel.

Might pick one up from Best Buy (with the $40 extra warranty) or Costco (which I've heard has generous return policies) but haven't done enough research yet.

Is this 90 warranty only a US thing? I've never heard of electronics here have anything less than a year.

farcrysam

Prophet of Regret
Nov 1, 2017
I'm so tempted To pre-order it. But After hearing the all the build issues the first one had I'm going to wait a bit

Mar 21, 2018
I have it pre-ordered.

I'm a little concerned as my V1's rubber grip fell apart and the right stick is drifting.

Hope V2 has better QC.

Also, has anyone else come across the issue where their PC no longer recognizes Xbox controllers over BT? My PC used to recognize my Elite and other controllers wirelessly but that stopped all of a sudden 18mths ago and I've had to plug in controllers ever since.

Apparently this is a known driver issue without a fix. Really frustrating.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I have it pre-ordered.

I'm a little concerned as my V1's rubber grip fell apart and the right stick is drifting.

Hope V2 has better QC.

Also, has anyone else come across the issue where their PC no longer recognizes Xbox controllers over BT? My PC used to recognize my Elite and other controllers wirelessly but that stopped all of a sudden 18mths ago and I've had to plug in controllers ever since.

YES

It's so annoying with my standard xbox controller. I always have to plug and unplug my wireless adapter multiple times before it recognizes it again. I hope this controller fixes that.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Have it pre-ordered through Amazon. Only thing I'm not thrilled about is the built-in batteries but I'll live.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I have it pre-ordered.

Hope V2 has better QC.

I don't think the Elite even supports BT, the original black one certainly doesn't.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My version one is still going strong after fixing a loose right stick and I prefer AAs to internal battery (eneloops FTW!) so zero hype.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Any commentary yet on how tight/resistive you can make the sticks? I like very "hard to move" sticks... I have a preorder but will return if there isn't a lot of ability to tighten.