• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
12 games to pick from again so once again you can not have all of them.
unknown.png

As with previous months if you were grandfathered into the Classic plan you may pick 10 games. There are 12 games this month so you can't have all of them
humble-choice.png

Humble Choice
January Thread

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Nothing at all for me this month. I think the games have got less interesting since they upped the price, for my tastes at least.

Iyagovos

Verified
Jan 18, 2018
This might be a weird complaint but I still think it's a little odd that you can't ever get the full pack. Really hits me with the idea that whatever I get will leave me disappointed I couldn't get the others, and makes me want to unsubscribe.

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
I might do this one for Okami, Night Call and um, something else. Frost Punk? I already own Project Warlock, unforunately.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"You get to pick 10 games!"

"Well, I only really want Okami. I guess you can keep the rest."

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
Eliza has been on my wishlist for months, and this about beats the cheapest price. That alone gets me in. Somehow I don't already have Okami and Frostpunk either. Gotta look into the rest to figure out whicn two to pass on.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
So $12.00 for Okami HD...not bad lol.
I really don't care about the rest, might just donate them

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I dont get the "you can't have all the games" complaint. You would prefer to only have 10 choices so it doesnt feel bad to leave out 2 games?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Shenzen I/O is fantastic. Frostpunk is great. Heard the Pathfinder game got better after some updates. Decent month.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
A couple Gems there but EGS free games and GamePass have really upped the expectations. As well as Humble owns big months with those Activision games.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Shenzhen I/O has been on my radar for a while, though like all Zachtronics games I assume I will never be able to finish it because I am not smart enough. TIS-100 did not go well for me despite actually KNOWING Assembly at one point in my life.

Frostpunk seems cool but I put that in the same category as This War of Mine: a game that will force me to make hard decisions and feel bad about them. Not a bad thing but something I need to be in the right mood for.

Dunno about anything else besides Okami HD, which I would be willing to pick up on yet another platform (because realistically I'm not going to play my PS3 version at this point).

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Easy pause. I would take Okami for PC but none of the others interests me at all so it's not worth $12 and I already have Okami on PS3 from when it was a PS+ game.

htp314

Oct 31, 2017
I already own Okami, nothing else is interesting for me so I'll pause this month.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Uh, Pathfinder is pretty big. I was close to getting it the last few sales. Same with some of the other choices. I was considering many around launch. Especially Eliza the VN from the Zachtronics team. And even though I have Frostpunk, I don't have any of the DLC.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
That's a great bundle, thinking of un-pausing even though I actually own 4 of those already.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Was November the one with Soul Calibur 6 and Yakuza Kiwami? Cause that's the reason I got Humble Choice, but I've been every month since.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
The only reason why I am even bothering to subscribe to these bundles is because to get games I wouldn't otherwise get standalone and mainly because they are indie - so far this works for me so no complaints

The only two games I have in this set is The Hex (which I guess I got from a bundle) and Okami which was available on another older humble bundle long time ago.

Everything else I don't have and was low priority on my wishlist so no complaints here - on classic and getting all 10

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
Frost Punk is an incredible game. It's well worth picking up, especially at this price.
Yeah? It's always been something I like, got a glance of but never really had a genuine interest in. Might pick it up in that case.

Night Call I was always interested in and I never finished Okami on Wii but I super enjoyed what I played of it.

Shrike

Oct 25, 2017
Blows my mind how people are saying there's been nothing interesting for them. Despite not regularly being subscribed to Humble Monthly before, I've picked up both the last two Humble Choices and am gonna get this one too. Already own Okami and the Hex so those will be the ones I pass on.

Okami is obviously the standout pick if you don't own it, but even if you do The Hex is just a great deconstruction and commentary on video game development (yes, really, it's almost like The Beginner's Guide if it was more of an actual game). Shenzhen I/O is another excellent Zachtronics puzzle-programmer, and I hear good things about Frostpunk. I've been interested in Kingmaker and Eliza too so this is a nice chance to pick those up. Need to look into the other games but between Frostpunk, Kingmaker, Eliza, and Shenzhen that's enough to get me to want this.

Backlogger

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Wow, I've never heard of any of these games. I was pretty happy with the last few months. Hopefully I can break even on the cost for this month or maybe I will just pause this month.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kingmaker is BG2 killer, Frostpunk is a great atmospheric strategy, Okami is a classic. What's not to like?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty strong month. Kingmaker, Eliza, Shenzhen, Frostpunk and Okami. I'm surprised by the complaints in the thread.

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm ok so this one I'm not sure.
I'm currently paused, what I'm getting from some comments here is that I can pause non stop, is that right? Although Okami looks like a good one.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really get complaints, at least not if you're grandfathered in at the $12 tier. Easy enough to sell games you don't want and keep what you do for a pittance

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Blows my mind how people are saying there's been nothing interesting for them. Despite not regularly being subscribed to Humble Monthly before, I've picked up both the last two Humble Choices and am gonna get this one too. Already own Okami and the Hex so those will be the ones I pass on.

Okami is obviously the standout pick if you don't own it, but even if you do The Hex is just a great deconstruction and commentary on video game development (yes, really, it's almost like The Beginner's Guide if it was more of an actual game). Shenzhen I/O is another excellent Zachtronics puzzle-programmer, and I hear good things about Frostpunk. I've been interested in Kingmaker and Eliza too so this is a nice chance to pick those up. Need to look into the other games but between Frostpunk, Kingmaker, Eliza, and Shenzhen that's enough to get me to want this.

Okami is honestly like 4th or 5th on this list for me. I'm surprised so many people are saying it's the only game they would pick.