• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 15, 2019
Predaliens were around in multiple expanded universe books/comics before the movies. Really much of the plots of both movies were taken from a bunch of established ideas in the comics, they just told new stories (mainly set in our current timeline instead of future space)

Yeah I know. I've even read a few of the comics. Regardless it still would've been nice if the Xenomorphs other than the predalien were there for anything else but fodder to kill some random humans. Though I shouldn't have used "come up with" but rather "forced to use".

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I cant tell if people are serious about this or not lol.

This movies hook is literally:

hulk_2017_02.jpg

The absolute last thing that I care about is power levels or explaining how or which one of them is better equipped or whatever. I just wanna see 40 or so minutes of that stuff they showed in the trailer and Im GOOOOOOOOOOD.

You're gonna get like a minute and forty seconds of it.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Godzilla seems pretty slow and plodding on land. So what would he do if Kong simply got behind him and put him in a chokehold, thereby neutralizing his breath?

Not a Godzilla expert here.
Kong would get cancer from hugging an unshielded reactor.

"where's the zookeeper"
the fuck is the zookeeper going to do lol
politely ask them to stop behind a glass
The version where the zookeeper steps between them to give them a speech would be legendary.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
I'd say Kong's biggest strength is actually his like of defined legacy.

Godzilla has a defined history with abilities and strengths all already predetermined going into this movie. Obviously changes can be made, but as a character he's already well defined.
Kong has no history, he's malleable, he can do whatever he wants. They could make him Radiation resistant for some reason (not that they will.)
Additionally, yes, tools. Both creatures have the propensity to adapt, but by virtue of monke logic, Kong will adapt faster and better.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Lol, I didn't realize it until this gif, but Godzilla is moving his head so the beam tracks the weapon rather than hitting Kong. Lolll
Isn't it aiming at Kong's center mass at first but he blocks with the hammer? It feels like after the beam hits the hammer its when it starts "tracking", so maybe instead of just absorbing the beam, it also pulls it somehow.

Jan 3, 2018
Isn't it aiming at Kong's center mass at first but he blocks with the hammer? It feels like after the beam hits the hammer its when it starts "tracking", so maybe instead of just absorbing the beam, it also pulls it somehow.

Yeah, or Godzilla is intentionally aiming for the axe/hammer to try to destroy it.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
For real. Shit, Mario the 3 foot plumber took down his bastard child Donkey Kong like it was nothing

But Mario on a weekly basis also takes down his own nemesis, the bastard child of Godzilla, the evil Bowser and his armies of minions.
And Mario is smarter than the average person because instead of wasting money in college and getting in debt he went to trade school and is now making bank.
And Mario takes magic drugs to give him superhuman strength and powers.
King Kong has a shot at winning, given the right weapons and drugs.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But Mario on a weekly basis also takes down his own nemesis, the bastard child of Godzilla, the evil Bowser and his armies of minions.
And Mario is smarter than the average person because instead of wasting money in college and getting in debt he went to trade school and is now making bank.
And Mario takes magic drugs to give him superhuman strength and powers.
King Kong has a shot at winning, given the right weapons and drugs.
Honestly, Bowser vs Donkey Kong remains the more interesting match up.