• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Under 18

• 19-24

Votes: 345 10.2%
  • 25-30

Votes: 914 26.9%
  • 30-39

Votes: 1,630 48.0%
  • 40-60

Votes: 498 14.7%
  • 60+

Votes: 11 0.3%

• Total voters

DJtal

Oct 30, 2017
Capetown / South Africa
I often forget I'm 33 and not 32. I think it happens to most people.
Especially when you are born in December, in my mind in January I'm a year older, so my wife and daughter and son always question my maths lol. It's a running joke that I always fall for it.

The thing is I look way younger than my age. Most people think I'm 32-35. When I get in a boardroom in a company for the first time I let them go with the impression, okay another kid from corp to lecture us.... To this day it's still happening.

Edit: at 30, when going to a club, the bouncers always ask my ID. I don't know if it's an advantage but the time I got embarrassed are countless. The first time my daughter's boyfriend asked me if I'm a cousin.

Last edited:

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Especially when you are born in December, in my mind in January I'm a year older, so my wife and daughter and son always question my maths lol. It's a running joke that I always fall for it.

The thing is I look way younger than my age. Most people think I'm 32-35. When I get in a boardroom in a company for the first time I let them go with the impression, okay another kid from corp to lecture us.... To this day it's still happening.
I've got the same problem. I look like I'm in my early 20s. I'm fine with that. Hope it stays that way until I'm like 70 lol.

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
I just turned 40 a few months ago, so there you go in the group of 40 - 60 LOL.
Era is in general much more mature than I expect.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland

Same. Started playing on C64 in the mid-80s. It's been a fun ride to witness the technological advancement from the likes of Stunt Car Racer and Shadow of the Beast to WipEout HD and Bloodborne. I still remember the Amiga demo scene, and the Amiga bus that visited our town. It was such a joy to be able to test new games (like the aforementioned SCR, and Battle Squadron co-op space shooter) there before they were released. I feel like I've recently fell from the wagon though, as the current push for open world does nothing for me.

ThatPersonGuy

Dec 30, 2018
Ha ha boomerEra.

Anyways 19 and I kinda find it funny to see how sharply forums are getting slanted towards older users these days. Honestly I wouldn't even say that most people around my age use Twitter to talk about gaming (versus following creators they like and sharing funny memes and quips) versus the all powerful Discord. It feels like servers are just an easier way to talk to people as people and not just walls of faceless text

KLonso

Oct 27, 2017
Huh honestly didn't expect the board to be this old. 22 and been on this and the old board since I was 16

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm 41, and no other place makes me feel old like this one.

All those threads with "X game/console was released XX years ago" or "We have gone XX years without a proper [insert something game-related]" make me feel old as shit, fuk you guys lol