• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
So it's Christmas holidays and everything is all fun and games. No classes till January 13th. I'm not a big drinker. Maybe once every 2 months when I'm out with friends. But this holiday I've been out twice already and I'm about to go out again today for boxing day and AGAIN on new years eve and I'm just having a mental/life breakdown because of right now cause I'm going out again today . Am I drinking too much?

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless it's affecting your ability to live your life normally you're probably fine.

Deleted member 11175

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You sound like an alcoholic. Once you drink 3 times in a week you are addicted for life /s.

You should be fine op

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
IndolentPleasingBluebreastedkookaburra-size_restricted.gif

shem

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, as long as you can comport yourself to your standards and aren't blacking out/wasting too much money/can safely return home I don't really see a problem....

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Have you ever felt the need to cut down on your drinking?
Have you been annoyed when people comment on your drinking?
Have you ever felt guilty about your drinking?
Do you need a drink first thing in the morning?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't disrespect the drugs you consume. You're on holiday so have fun, don't let it snowball over time.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't sound like it. Are you getting black out wasted or just grabbing a beer or two?

I don't even think having a beer a night is drinking "a lot." Drinking a lot or too much is getting drunk on a daily basis or feeling the need to drink during the day (like on a lunch break or something).

Last Saturday I had 6 drinks (once off, we were playing some drinking game). I usually have 2-3 drinks a night. Last time I went out was 21st. Before then the 15th
Edit: Dude, this is fine.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Check into rehab OP please, you're just going to hurt the ones you love if you keep doing this.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I once had a friend do a Saint Patrick's gaming stream live in front of hundreds, he took a shot anytime he donated and got something that was WAY too high in percentage of alcohol. A lot of people donated.

Part way through the stream he literally for no reason started laughing crazily, got up, walked away and just the stream was on this screen for hours with him gone.

3-4 hours later, he comes back, still drunk but more sober now to reveal he got up not realizing where he was then due to the alcohol, went to the bathroom, vomited in his bathtub and passed out in his own vomit.

I'd say that was too much.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I'm just having a mental/life breakdown because of right now cause I'm going out again today
If you feel like you don't have the ability to say no, it's an issue. It may be be much of a problem in general for you, but be cognizant that everyone who has a problem starts somewhere, and they go past a point they never wanted to go past. It's not so much about the amount as it is about the mindset.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Doesn't sound like you drink regularly.
It's gonna be fine if there are phases in your social sourroundings that "demand" a few drinks more (don't know if demand is the right word, but I don't know how to phrase it better in English). Music Festivals for example or the holiday season. If you don't make it a habit to drink regularly you are gonna be fine. And if you like going out but don't like to drink - don't drink. Offer to be the dedicated driver for example. Even if you do that though, don't make it the theme of the night and try not to feel bad because your peers enjoy their drinks while they are out. Everyone has a different tolerance when it comes to drugs and most people are finding out in their 20s what's theirs.

How old are you if I may ask?

augmental

Oct 30, 2017
You kids have this thread every other day. If you can't decide whether or not to drink liquor than don't drink.

MrChocolate

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Last Saturday I had 6 drinks (once off, we were playing some drinking game). I usually have 2-3 drinks a night. Last time I went out was 21st. Before then the 15th

6 drinks of what? It depends. If you are drinking Corona you might aswell drink pee. If you are drinking 6 full glasses of neat vodka, then props.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've had too much to drink this week probably but have not gotten drunk or even really tipsy once. Just 3 glasses of wine throughout the day and maybe a cocktail at night.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
It never hurts to question how much you are doing, but it doesn't really sound like you are even remotely close to having a problem.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
To someone that doesn't drink you are drinking a lot.
To someone that can drink all night/day it's not a lot.

Do you feel that you've drank too much, or just been sociable?

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
So it's Christmas holidays and everything is all fun and games. No classes till January 13th. I'm not a big drinker. Maybe once every 2 months when I'm out with friends. But this holiday I've been out twice already and I'm about to go out again today for boxing day and AGAIN on new years eve and I'm just having a mental/life breakdown because of right now cause I'm going out again today . Am I drinking too much?

One thing I would stress is that be an occasional bender followed by long periods without drinking can be very dangerous. So follow this simple rule - a glass of water for every beer, cocktail, or shot. You'll piss a lot more but hey, you'll be good.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
Too much focus on the quantity consumed in this thread. For some people six drinks is a lot, for others it ain't. Getting shitfaced once in a while doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem.

Problems arise when you can't control your drinking. If you can't go a day without drinking, if you can't say no when offered, if you can't stop once you start, etc.

Based on what you've said so far (drinking a few times a month, usually 2-3 drinks before stopping, etc), it doesn't sound like there's a problem.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
How much are you drinking? If you are just having a couple a beers than that's fine. If you are getting black out drunk than yeah that's a problem.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Try just going out with friends and attempt to have like maybe 2 drinks over the span of the entire time. Just nurse drinks, get water with a beer or whatever, and take your sweet time.

it took me a while but I realized I generally have a much better time going out if I don't even bother trying to keep up and just enjoy the company and relaxed environment.

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not how many drinks you have or even how often you drink. You may be an alcoholic, you may not. It's for you to determine if you can manage your life as a drinker or not.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
For me it was when I was blacking out/not remembering what I said or did the night before. That's when I knew I had to cut back.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Technically drinking any amount of alcohol that makes you drunk is bad for you, but unless you want to become an abstainer you'll have to drink socially.

How much is too much? Well, I have friends that party twice a week and share a whole bottle before getting the drinks in the club downtown, of course, they get pretty hammered, also, some relatives from the older generation definitely drink a little bit too casually. I'd say it's too much when you acclimate to a rhythm like that, just because you're partying more than usual in your holidays doesn't mean you're going to have a problem.

That said, remember to hydrate (preferably before, during and ofc after) drinking and try to eat something with your drinks if you don't want to lose it, personally I drink socially like once or twice a month and have figured out the point I want to reach before calling it quits so the hangover won't be too bothersome. Have fun~

Oct 26, 2017
Unless you're blacking out or teleporting, you should be fine, really. Just gotta make sure you drink plenty of water and eat plenty of food so you don't get a hangover