• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Dude said "I'm pretty sure they spit in my bag" and people still question the validity of this thread

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
InfantileDisloyalBordercollie-size_restricted.gif

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
We aren't allowed to take tips at work and if one of the managers sees it happen they'll run you down and throw the money in the safe :')

I've had little old ladies try to tip me several times for helping them out to their car for groceries and I always politely decline.

kamikazety

Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Do not feed the cashiers er trolls please. While I've seen era members really out of touch before, there's no way you're serious.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
never once in my life have i heard of this. it almost seems insulting

maybe normally but right now cashiers are working long hours, have to deal with hoarders/unruly customers, and are at extremely high chances to catch something. Even if you aren't tipping I'm pretty sure we can all agreement they deserve to be paid more atm.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
maybe normally but right now cashiers are working long hours, have to deal with hoarders/unruly customers, and are at extremely high chances to catch something. Even if you aren't tipping I'm pretty sure we can all agreement they deserve to be paid more atm.
You could have made this thread without the bullshit and it would have gone over better.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I worked in a grocery store for years and I have never been tipped. Damn, I was missing out.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
The fuck? Who is getting paid? I ain't getting tipped.

Target has a policy against tipping, and we can lose our jobs. Nothing got revoked in that regard, and with our temporary pay bump they will just point to that as to why we shouldn't get tips.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so like i get this is a troll thread, but like..... why?

What is this referencing? It's not even really funny.

kamikazety

Banned
Dec 5, 2018
So, technically, by tipping you might be risking their jobs. I think there's irony in there somewhere!

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
This can't be real. What grocery store allows their workers to be tipped or when did this become a thing. I used to work in the meat department at Publix and they had a strict 'no accepting tips' policy.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I was doing about 10% but got called a cheapskate and im pretty sure they spit in my bag so I upped it to 15%. Seen people doing 18-20% which I think is nuts

I haven't. We're paying our daycare/preschool provider $620 a month and still watching our own child. I feel like we've done our good deed.

Also in Washington, You can't tip your grocerer (Or at least you are not supposed to..I've asked)

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Actually it's fucked up you're just tipping the cashier's. The stock clerks and the truck unloaders are doing the heavy lifting in this time of panic buying.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd normally say something about weekend Era, but it's weekend Era 24/7 now. Might as well get used to it.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, I'm not tipping. I'm saying thank you like I would to anyone else I interact with in customer service. That's it.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is a backhanded shot on grocery workers as it sure doesn't seem real.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
While no one like actually tips the cashier directly, registers often do have a tip/change jar or bucket on the counters.

Maybe that's what OP is talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.