• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How to you pronounce Fanta?

• Fan-ta

Votes: 936 86.1%
  • Fawn-ta

Votes: 124 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 27 2.5%

• Total voters

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
It's Fan-ta, and they say Fan-ta in all videos posted, I'm so confused by you people.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to continue saying "Fahn-Ta" and there's not a damn thing any of you can do about it.

That commercial was fire back in the day.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In the Netherlands we pronounce it exactly how it's written in our lexicon, which I suppose is fawn-ta in English. Like the word fauna but with a T in there.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Fan-ter
Fan-ta.

Also Nike is like Bike. You don't ride a bikey.
067.jpg

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Say it like you're trying to say the word hantavirus but with an F and without the word virus and there you go, that's how you pronounce it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't for the life of me hear "Fawn."

When will English pronunciation stop being a mess.

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it's "Fun-ta", because it's a "German" beverage, and that's the German pronunciation.
If you're pronouncing it like a phantom, you are wrong.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Fawn-ta sound like how Dracula would say it.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else remember that weird online promotion Fanta did in the mid-aughts for its Fanta Shokata line where it allowed users to put whatever subtitles they wanted on brief Bollywood clips?