• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jedi79

Oct 27, 2017
my PS5 upgrade unlocked immediately at midnight EST, from the Library - Collection- sort by platform ( PS5 ) screen

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Only 25 minutes for my download which isn't bad but I wanted to jump in immediately. The upgrade process was super straightforward.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, PS servers turning my 1gb internet connection into a 33mb download, classic

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
oh dang, for some reason it never occurred to me that the upgrade to PS5 version would have to download the entirety of the game again, haha

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Now to answer my question which mode to play in. I tried resolution first for the first 10 minutes then switched to performance mode and wow, not turning back. 60fps is way better IMO and the image quality is still great. Resolution mode looks way too sharp imo. Lot of shimmering textures.

Mar 8, 2018
39 hours left on my PS5 download lmao. Servers getting hammered like the Nintendo eShop on Christmas Day. The price I pay for trying to save $10.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I didn't last long in resolution mode, but holy hell did it look great. The shimmer is the worst part of performance, hope there will be an update.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Just played for 7 hours straight lol. It's so addicting. The dualsense adds so much to the combat, that effect when an arrow hit an enemy is incredible.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
A bit OT, but pretty cool you can remotely delete PS5 games through the PS App. Helped me start the download without having to turn on the system haha.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Yeah.. lasted less than 2 mins at 30fps before I started feeling sick. People are crazy saying it's not a stutter fest at 30fps

Edit: They made the same mistake with the focus as they did in the first game. Camera panning while the focus bubble is up is painfully slow.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
All the promo footage so far has been 30fps and looked totally normal. Is there suddenly something wrong with the framepacing on patch 1.04? Or do you guys just never play 30fps games?

eternalblue

Oct 27, 2017
So, I got my collector's edition early on Wednesday and none of the voucher codes worked, which I guess I can understand, although I wished they'd at least activate as a preorder so I could preload. Now it's after midnight and it's still saying that 2 of the 3 are inactive and I still can't download the game.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Just now headed to sleep but I found 30 perfectly fine - I just had to play at 60 and about 5 hours later I regret nothing.

The combat is just so snappy and fluid - it's awesome.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Took me all of 5 mins to change it to performance mode haha

Game looks gorgeous though wow!!!
Yeah I didn't last long in resolution mode, but holy hell did it look great. The shimmer is the worst part of performance, hope there will be an update.
Yeah.. lasted less than 2 mins at 30fps before I started feeling sick. People are crazy saying it's not a stutter fest at 30fps
Res mode looks great until you move around, barf. 60 it is.

that's what I feared. Ill see for myself tomorow but yeah, all the "this one's different guys trust me i also only play 60fps but this is great at 30" comments were super sus to me

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Hopefully they patch this fast
Yeah, this isn't a great first impression.
60fps mode looks bad, but there is no way in hell I can play this at 30fps without feeling nauseous.

Res mode looks great until you move around, barf. 60 it is.
Glad I'm not the only one. 30fps mode is brutal if you are sensitive to motion sickness.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Did anyone else here get the Special Edition? Just picked mine up, got home, and the code for the Nora Legacy Outfit doesn't work. Tried on the PS5 and the PS App. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.