• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
I've see people say there are similarities between Horizon (the first one) and Ubisoft open world games, so I would assume the sequel is not going to be the sort of game people would want to play excessively over a short period of time, i.e., try to finish before Elden Ring is out

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't really care about Elden Ring and Sony 1st party games are too expensive at launch so I'll be playing neither this month probably. Though I might just pick Horizon up shortly after I finish BotW2 later this year like I did for the first games back in 2017 so that I can appreciate that game even more. The Horizon series is already notorious for this after all.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I'll probably play Horizon first and it'll take me quite a while because my gaming time is super limited.
By that time all the broken build for Elden Ring will be discovered and I can start my journey working towards an overpowered build when I start the game...

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Probably neither, to be honest. Given that it took me four years to finally play the copy of Horizon I bought at launch, and that both Atelier Sophie 2 and Gran Turismo 7 are coming very soon, I decided to wait on Horizon even though I'm pretty sure I'll like it a lot.

Elden Ring doesn't even enter into it for me, as I have yet to play a Soulsbourne game and it's not clear to me I would enjoy them.

May 31, 2021
Wait for Elden Ring > Play Elden Ring until burnout > emerge from the cave, see what year it is and get back to the backlog, including Horizon
This will be me.

I am going to end up dropping everything else when elden ring arrives.

I will probably buy horizon in the summer. I kind of want to replay the first game beforehand as well.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Def getting and playing Horizon first/day 1. I'm terrible at From games so ER is a buy towards the end of the year when it's on sale game for me.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I know how people feel about FromSoft games, but me personally I'm about 1000X more exciting for Horizon. It's not even close.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
WARHAMMER III then Elden Ring. I highly doubt the story for Horizon will as good as the first and that would predicate my purchase first and foremost.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
im not going to buy elden ring (i dont like most fromsoft games). im going to focus on dying light 2 & horizon fw instead.

gilko79

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
I got the platinum in Horizon. I've yet to get more than 6 or 7 hours into BotW. It is on my list to try and finish this year, though.

I'm day 1 getting Forbidden West, but have little interest in Elden Ring.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring will be heavily discounted in November. It will be an easy wait until there.

Horizon, unfortunately, with the terrible pricing practices from Sony will take a while to be fairly priced.

Here in Brazil the physical edition is considerably cheaper than digital so I'll just go for it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring first, than ELEX 2. I will wait for a discount on Horizon 2.

A person or culture & taste, I see.

This is my plan as well. I've just been playing VR games and shorter stuff in anticipation of Elden Ring and ELEX 2 back-to-back. Hopefully I won't need a break inbetween, at least not longer than a week or so.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Never had a switch then so I just played Horizon day one.

This time gonna go through Horizon in a week, then no life Elden ring the go back for the plat trophy in Horizon after

Oct 25, 2017
Last time, I skipped Horizon at launch and played Zelda until Horizon came on sale like three months later. Genuinely not sure what I'm doing now. Horizon will probably be the smoother experience for me, difficulty-wise, so I may just get that at launch and skip ER until it goes on sale.

Nov 12, 2017
Did BOTW+New switch last time and didn't play Horizon till 2 years later when I was open to the forumal ended up enjoying them both.

This time will be KOFXV for a fighting fix and will start Horizon before Elden Ring and hopefully GT7 i'm pretty much set for months on top of all the good stuff on switch so will just play one at a time

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Horizon doesn't do much for me where as I'm pretty interested in Elden Ring. If I manage to score a XSX or PS5 before it comes out, I'll get it. If not, I'll wait until a get a new console before playing Elden Ring.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I'll play Horizon as much as I can. But once ER drops, I expect to shift over to that immediately

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I have Horizon but never really got into it. Not that interested in Horizon 2 to be honest, so I'll skip it for now, play ER, and potentially play Horizon later if it does end up being special.

Majin Boo

Oct 26, 2017
I don't own a switch, so 2017 was no problem.

This year I'll delay my purchase of Horizon until I'm done with Elden Ring. There's no way I can finish Horizon within a week and I would stop playing it as soon as Elden Ring is here. So instead of interrupting my Horizon playthrough I'm just gonna delay it entirely.

Cronogear

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't played the original Horizon. I bought the complete edition on sale for cheap a while ago, but I just haven't had the urge to start it. So I have no interest in Horizon 2 right now.

Definitely excited for Elden Ring though.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Play Elden Ring and get Horizon later.

Will 100% enjoy both games this way.Win win for me

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Even though I Platinumed the original Horizon on PS4, I had no desire to play the DLC. No real hype to continue the story.

Most importantly, From Software games would trump any game head to head for my attention. So the question above would still be unfair to Horizon even if I wanted to play it. Everything loses to Elden Ring.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon > BotW
Horizon 2 > Elden Ring

I may wait until Christmas Sales to get Elden Ring

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's going to be a packed gaming schedule :) Horizon -> over to Elden Ring whenever I'm done -> Over to GT7 when both of those are wrapped.

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have the time to blitz through games the way some people do so my initial thought is to hold off on buying anything until Elden Ring and then move onto Horizon when I'm done with it. I do have a nice long four day weekend next week though which is making me question that decision. I could make a decent dent in Horizon but will probably still need a few weeks to finish it especially if I decide I want to go for the platinum.

Mar 23, 2019
Getting Elden Ring at launch. I will likely play it multiple times so I will start with it. I will get Horizon in a few months. Loved the original, but likely will only play through it once

Hernan532

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 30, 2020
I hope someone makes a new poll after HFW releases.
The week after , while waiting for ER, things will turn for some of you and you will play HFW (Me included of course) haha

I'm looking at you 👀👀👀👀

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a huge souls and GT fan, I will probably hold off on playing Horizon's until later in the spring. I liked the original Horizons game but its not a 'must play right away' type of game for me.

I'd rather give it more attention when I have more time for it.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I've yet to play the first Horizon, so I need to get on that before I think about getting the sequel.

For me, it's FF VI PR and then Elden Ring. I might first try to play FF VI through, and then wait to play Elden Ring for a few days, maybe another patch or something. But I might not be able to wait that long. I think I'll get too excited once Elden Ring drops.

panda-zebra

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 28, 2017
Horizon will drop day one running and playing beautifully, ER I have less hopes for. So it'll be HFW, then Witch Queen, then Elden Ring later in the year/next year when it's cheaper and better.

KoopDogg1

Dec 22, 2021
Canada
I'll probably bounce back and forth between both.

I'm going to be playing Horizon on my PS5 and Elden Ring on my Series X. I usually have two games going at once so this works out.

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022
Playing both back and forth. A nice week of Horizon before jumping into Elden Ring, and I should be finished with both by the 25th of March when my next purchase, Kirby comes out. :)

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
Just Elden Ring. I keep giving GG the benefit of the doubt, but their games fail to grab me every time; will wait til it hits PS Plus.