• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Surprised this got a second season

feels late tho

gonna get cancelled like patriot and sneaky Pete.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And you're NOT open to the possibility of someone else doing that?
Maybe? Depends on who it is. The visuals, shot choice, composition, the signature Esmail traits are what carried me through the first season. I wasn't compelled by the story enough to want more without him. I will probably at least sample S2, though.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great. That's a serious cast they've got this season. Also, that a serious 'that kid from Hey Arnold' haircut Stephan James has got going.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
www.rottentomatoes.com

Homecoming: Season 2 | Rotten Tomatoes

Stories surrounding the mysterious Geist Group, an unconventional wellness company and its equally unorthodox program, the Homecoming Initiative.
44%

[/Fry shocked]

I'll still probably give it a go after I finish The Eddy.

Oct 25, 2017
Julia Roberts is still active?!

giphy.gif

Oof, I must be late to this thread cuz the first page was way back in 2018. But still, I was surprised that she's back to acting again, though.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
The word Hitchcockian gets thrown around a lot, but this second season is like, absurdly Hitchcock, lol. It's almost a pastiche, lmao.

I am not hating it about 2 episodes in, but it feels significantly different than the first.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't exactly know what's going on after 3 episodes but I think it's worth watching for Janelle Monae's acting alone. She's amazing

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Bit disappointed at the lukewarm reviews. I never excepted it to be as good as the first but didn't think the scores would be this low.

Only 7 episodes means I'll definitely watch it regardless. Probably binge it tomorrow.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
First 3 episodes down and I'm really enjoying it. *shrugs*

Plot is intriguing (if a little too vague in parts) and the acting is fantastic from all involved. The music remains a constant highlight of this show.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised this got a second season

feels late tho

gonna get cancelled like patriot and sneaky Pete.
Damn Patriot got cancelled? One of the best black comedies I've seen in a while. Sneaky Pete, while great, had a fucked 3rd season due to that magician dying IRL. I didn't know it was cancelled, however. Seemed like they ended it as well as they could. Like they ended it on their own terms. (But the middle to last act was literally a clusterfuck, I ended up feeling bad for everyone involved in creating that season. You could tell they had to flip the entire story around.)

Anyway, homecoming is great! And uhhh, everyone should watch Patriot too lol

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Just binged the whole thing. Not nearly as good as season one, but it was a fun watch. They kept the look and feel, thankfully. The cast was amazing. The story isn't nearly as complex. Overall, I'm not sure why it exists.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
lol I'm the third to chime in and say why does this exist.

Ahem, not sure why this exists!

Some real wheel spinning here, same theme of S1 retread to lesser results plus the ending is quite goofy. Love that score though.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
This feels more like an extended epilogue to season 1 than it does a proper second season, which I think is maybe where some of the complaints about it feeling slight or unnecessary are stemming from. Like, if this had been a tad more condensed and had aired as part of season 1 or just a couple months after (like Chilling Adventures of Sabrina does with their parts/seasons) then I think the overall reception would have been warmer.

That it took them 19 months to produce a short retread of the first season is a little baffling - assuming they knew what S2 would be when they were plotting out season one (which I assume they did given that the initial series order was for 2 seasons).

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
So is there any creepy/weird aspects to this show or is it just a grounded thriller? Trailer made it look like it had very mild sci-fi elements to it.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
So is there any creepy/weird aspects to this show or is it just a grounded thriller? Trailer made it look like it had very mild sci-fi elements to it.

Nothing sci-fi or fantastical, so quite grounded though it still pushes the "weird" aspect in different ways. This is based on season 1, though.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Another thing that made this season feel weird was the structure - rather than giving us a steady progression by mixing the two timelines like season one, they went with a 5 6 1 2 3 4 7 order, which made it feel disjointed and halting.

Like, I thought the season was enjoyable and I liked the ending, but there was definitely room for improvement. (Not that the first season was perfect by any means...)

Sadsic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Went through the second season tonight, thought it was pretty good actually - I would've liked it more if the
parts where Alex was in memory loss mode at the beginning were extended another couple of episodes - it felt weird that was over so quickly and made seeing all the weird evidence from episode one a lot less interesting to see later on

Overall I'd give it like a solid B

Deleted member 25702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Season two was fun enough to watch, but felt empty when it was over. Thank god it's only seven episodes because it barely justifies four or five. Half the damn thing is in flashback for one reveal and x-ray feature spoiled the early twist. I like the worldbuilding and they have me interested in what could be, but they really don't have the same sense of scale or stakes as season one.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
it was entertaining enough but yeah this seemed like it didn't need to be done. Needed to come up with something since the Amazon deal was for two seasons I guess. This seemed too long even with 30 min episodes and shortened episode count.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but
She didn't tell the cop anything at the beginning, but the cop mentioned that she said there was a man there? I thought that was freaky at the time but it was never explained.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Well I really enjoyed that as a whole. Not as good as the first season obviously but everyone in it was amazing and I loved the payoff at the end. The whole final episode was fantastic.

I would watch a 3rd season but I presume we're not gonna get one.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
I thought season 2 was a HUGE step up from season 1. The Leftovers-style step up actually. The characters were deeper developed, the peeling of the layers of geist was super interesting and the music my god... have the soundtrack on repeat on spotify. Surprise of the year for me and I hope it gets a third season.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Remove all of the style of season 1, most of the mystery, any consequences, advance the plot approximately 10 minutes in 7 episodes only to hit a reset button at the end and you've got season 2. What a baffling waste.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm way behind on this - still on season 1 but the scene when Heidi
Hears the bird and then all her memories come back -and the aspect ratio changes while doing that camera dolly zoom
is fucking brilliance.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if there will ever be a season 3 but the ending of Season 2 is so satisfying.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
34 posts for season 2 👀

Couldn't have been that good to generate such little discussion and the critical reception probably didn't help. To hear it retread old ground and felt unnecessary with disjointed pacing along with the creatives not returning, looks like I didn't miss much.