• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I cannot waiiiiiiiiit for the ray tracing update for Hitman. It is going to give it new life for me. It already looks great, but realistic lighting should make it so much better.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

The sneak peak on the ray tracing and the new level(s) look so good!

Fuuuuuuck...

PCVR (and I'm certain that'll lead to PSVR2)!

NEW LEVELS!

50 million players!

So happy for IOI's success, after a long and occasionally rocky release it's amazing that they transitioned to self-publishing right before H3 became a big hit, and we can confidently say that their giant glorious experiment was a complete success.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
If we're getting a safehouse, I hope it includes a walk-in closet with the hundred of outfits we've unlocked over the trilogy.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OK new maps was the news I'd been wanting to hear. I'll be eagerly awaiting those and might see if I can finish my 100% run of what's left in the meantime. I do hope the maps end up a bit better though, the ones in 3 really don't grab me the way they did in 2.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I could see the new maps being a bit more normal to please the most people. I liked the maps in 3 but I'm sure they saw that feedback was more mixed.

Dec 29, 2017
So I have a minor issue with Hitman 3.

The game won't connect to the IOI servers at the start. I keep getting connection failed messages. I have to restart my PC and then I'm able to connect and play. If I then close the game and start the game again I am unable to connect again and have to restart the PC again. This happens on 2 different PC's and the fix is the restart the PC. Nothing has changed on either PC.

What has changed is a new router. My old WiFi router's antenna stopped working. So I bought a new router. Both PC's use a wired connection however so it's not WiFi. Other games work online such as Street Fighter V. Steam, Epic, and Rockstar launchers have no issues.

Any help is appreciated.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I was planning on asking for Hitman 3 for Christmas but with the news of Year 2 coming I wanted to ask should I not? Will there be a new edition of the game or just like a "Year 2 season pass" or something that I can get on the store separately?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was planning on asking for Hitman 3 for Christmas but with the news of Year 2 coming I wanted to ask should I not? Will there be a new edition of the game or just like a "Year 2 season pass" or something that I can get on the store separately?
oh there will most definitely be a year 2 season pass that is bought separately. You should get Hitman 3 and its DLC as soon as possible. Get them while they are on sale.

Add these to your wishlist (on psn):

Hitman 3: https://store.playstation.com/product/UP4572-PPSA01768_00-00000H3000STANDA
Hitman 2 DLC for Hitman 3: https://store.playstation.com/product/UP4572-PPSA01768_00-S2GOLD000000DIGI
Hitman 2016 DLC for Hitman 3: https://store.playstation.com/product/UP4572-PPSA01768_00-S1GOTYH30000DIGI

Last edited:

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
oh there will most definitely be a year 2 season pass that is bought separately. You should get Hitman 3 and its DLC as soon as possible. Get them while they are on sale.

Add these to your wishlist (on psn):

Hitman 3: https://store.playstation.com/product/UP4572-PPSA01768_00-00000H3000STANDA
Hitman 2 DLC for Hitman 3: https://store.playstation.com/product/UP4572-PPSA01768_00-S2GOLD000000DIGI
Hitman 2016 DLC for Hitman 3: https://store.playstation.com/product/UP4572-PPSA01768_00-S1GOTYH30000DIGI

Thanks, I will buy the game on Xbox then wait for year 2 pack.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Nice that the Santa suit unlocks just for completing Holiday Hoarders and not doing all the challenges.

edit: removed video

Last edited:

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Here's another guide to the Holiday Hoarders challenges, if you don't want to give MrFreeze2244 a click.

www.hitmanforum.com

Re: MrFreeze2244

For those who didn’t catch it in What’s New or on another corner of the Internet. So recently there have been two major issues regarding the YouTuber who is known in this community for his Hitman playguides has had two separate types of accusations level against him. The first is a bizarre...

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Sales are up. Get what you need. You still might have to wait a bit for the Playstation store to update.
  • HITMAN 3: Deluxe Edition [60% off]
    • HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass (DLC for HITMAN 3) [65% off]
    • HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass (DLC for HITMAN 3) [80% off]
    • HITMAN 2 Gold Access Pass (DLC for HITMAN 3) [80% off]
    • HITMAN 2 Expansion Access Pass (DLC for HITMAN 3) [75% off]
    • HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins Collection [40% off]
  • HITMAN 2: Gold Edition [80% off]
    • HITMAN 2: Expansion Pass [75% off]
  • HITMAN 1: Game Of The Year Edition [80% off]

Will bite the 7DS at that price.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Good point. I mean mastery level 20, not fully maxed out as in every last challenge accomplished.

Too much of that level is oriented around a very strict playthrough of the "Tour" story.

The other destinations are more flexible, and offer more variety.

Last edited:

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Don't forget that you can use save points to "fork off" from the storyline at various points. So you don't need to start the tour from scratch each time.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Its also not too bad hitting a lot of the XP gains through player created contracts, but yeah I think Mendoza was the last one I hit level 20 too. WIth a little planning you can get it fairly quickly by save scumming on normal difficulty, especially the ones around the winery tour like killing someone in the freezer or using the various machines.

I'm on the fence on 7 deadly sins. I don't honestly play much contracts, but I guess it could be fun. This is the only time I have seen it on sale. I could see them giving it away when year 2 of Hitman 3 season pass is released, but I figure thats gotta be months away at least. Oh well, have a few days to mull it over.

Its weird how I dropped off Hitman 3, I used to play H2 all the time just doing random stuff but most of the levels in H3 don't really feel that compelling to me. I really hope they can bring in the layered complexity of H2 while simultaneously keeping it fairly "fast" to run through if you want. The H3 levels generally tend to feel like a slog, similar to Colorado.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I finished the "story" last night. Still alot to do though. Really good game overall. Might get the Hitman 2 pack sometime so I can replay those levels.

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ok, so here comes my story; (and my spelling might suck)

I have played most of the old Hitman, and Blood Money has a special place in my heart from the 360period, i never been a good assassin though, most of my hits ended in slaughter, but thats one way to do it =)

I bought the first hitman (2016) when it was released, and played trough the story and felt like "meh"

For some days ago i watch my absolutely favourite youtube ACG and his GOTY awards, and felt that i wanted to play Hitman 3, as i have hitman 1, and 2 trough ps+ i bought the gotypass for the first game, and the same+expansion for hitman 2.

And i started from the beginning with Hitman 1, and holy... it feels like a new game, i am soon finished with the story in Hitman 1, and it has clicked so hard for me, i have taken my time, and i love playing my first runs on casual with the mission stories, i have hardly fired any bullet and the kills has been so satisfying. Today i ordered Hitman 3 on disc since its on sale here =)

But the thing is, i have always loved the Hitmanseries, but now, it has R E A L L Y clicked for me, and i love how the progessionsystem is made, earning xp etc.

It feels so relaxing playing this between hectic multiplayer games like cod and bf =)

They must have done some upgrades on Hitman 1, it looks absolutely fantastic! on my ps5.

I hope this is ok even though i haven't started playing Hitman 3 yet, but be sure; i will!

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Hello Hitman 3 thread. I...kind of ranted about my negative impressions of the game here, but am dutifully trying to platinum it like the other two in the trilogy.

Anyone here done the latest elusive target yet? This is the first time in the trilogy I can actually play these, as by the time I played the other 2 games IOI had stopped making elusive targets. I seriously hope the upcoming 'arcade' brings them back in rotation, it's so dumb having them be one time things that don't survive posterity.

Anyway, regarding the Heartbreaker, I got caught wiping security tapes and had to shoot my way out LOL. Luckily no survivors and no witnesses. Finally found the target and just tossed an explosive phone his way. Walked away like an action hero as he blew up answering the call behind me.

EDIT: actually I give up. This piece of shit excuse of a game crashed on me 5 times in one day and challenges are glitched (dropped a moose chandelier on Alexa 10 times). Thanks for ruining the trilogy and robbing me of my money IOI.

Last edited:

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
I bought hitman 3 in the sale, should i replay all the hitman 1 and 2 missions again before playing the new missions?

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
The Hokkaido winter festival is up. It's basically a repackaged elusive with a few challenges but it's fine. If you hadn't got them already in H2, you can unlock a winter coat to go along with all the snowy levels we have in the trilogy and an ice pick if you don't have enough weapons to stab people with.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Any indications of the Steam release being announced as well?
Nothing official but the community manager posted this tweet and the phrasing seems pretty intentional. I'd be very surprised if it isn't ready to come out on the 1 year anniversary on the 20th.

0cdac7200328d30bccbd605f61930cff81f55862_2_751x750.jpeg

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing official but the community manager posted this tweet and the phrasing seems pretty intentional. I'd be very surprised if it isn't ready to come out on the 1 year anniversary on the 20th.

0cdac7200328d30bccbd605f61930cff81f55862_2_751x750.jpeg

There probably will be things available on the 20th.

At least that's what dataminers are saying. I won't say what here to keep the suspense, but there will be something to play on the 20th. The new mode is interesting too, if it is what people are saying it is.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget that you can use save points to "fork off" from the storyline at various points. So you don't need to start the tour from scratch each time.

^ Also challenges stay unlocked when you load so you can kill the targets 10 different ways and get credit for all of them even though you only finished the mission once.

I didn't import any progress into Hitman 3 so I used that method to expedite the process of getting the Mastery back up to 20 on the 1/2 levels.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Freelancer Mode is exactly what the post-Trilogy era needed tbh.

Very excited.

It took until the very end of the trilogy's life, but IOI finally made a Randomizer mode and put so much thought into how to make it worth playing. It's also a clever narrative conceit given the note on which Hitman 3 ends; it's both a reward for all the time we've put into the trilogy and a brilliant excuse to keep playing, and I know I'll be screwing around with Freelancer at least until Project 007 drops, if not the next Hitman saga.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It took until the very end of the trilogy's life, but IOI finally made a Randomizer mode and put so much thought into how to make it worth playing. It's also a clever narrative conceit given the note on which Hitman 3 ends; it's both a reward for all the time we've put into the trilogy and a brilliant excuse to keep playing, and I know I'll be screwing around with Freelancer at least until Project 007 drops, if not the next Hitman saga.
Exactly, it makes so much narrative sense.
We've taken out Providence, but the power vacuum always hungers. 47 can do this until the day he dies.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018

At first I thought that was the mansion outside Chicago that serves as the prologue location in Absolution (a game I was late to the party with, only playing it last year). But it looks a little different. Wherever it is, I'm excited for new locations to explore! Getting to know a new location intimately is the most fun part of Hitman games for me; I've never been into escalations or elusive targets. I'd love to see the sniper maps expanded into real locations, too.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
I thought I'd go through H1 and get the trophies that I never got in that version, and I've got a quick question about the multiple versions of H1 games:

I have the Definitive Edition but never used the code to redeem the Hokkaido mission; I imported that game's content into H2, and got to play all of it, including Hokkaido and the Icon/House Built on Sand DLC. Later I bought (at a nice discount) the Complete First Season and got to play Hokkaido right on the disc. I don't seem to have access to the DLC in any way no matter which disc I insert; when I click on any of the "Get Access" squares, it takes me to the PS Store but tells me that the content isn't available.

I can still play them through H3, which I later bought and which has carried all my progress without problems.

Have H2 and H3 permanently "eaten" my ability to play any of this content through the H1 interface? Or will I get them in H1 if I enter the code? Not sure I want to use the code if it will just be consumed without giving me anything.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I know the 7 Sins DLC felt pretty barebones for a lot of people. Is it worth it on sale though? I don't think they mentioned if it would be included in Game Pass and since I don't think my PS5 saves can be transferred, I might just stick to that ecosystem.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I know the 7 Sins DLC felt pretty barebones for a lot of people. Is it worth it on sale though? I don't think they mentioned if it would be included in Game Pass and since I don't think my PS5 saves can be transferred, I might just stick to that ecosystem.

I really liked the 7 Sins dlc. On sale I'd definitely recommend it, I think it was a bit overpriced on release but the content is very good especially if you like escalations. Each one adds a new twist to the gameplay which I enjoyed.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I really liked the 7 Sins dlc. On sale I'd definitely recommend it, I think it was a bit overpriced on release but the content is very good especially if you like escalations. Each one adds a new twist to the gameplay which I enjoyed.
Nice. I actually really love escalations. Some make for great leaderboard hunting. Aight I'm sold.

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am on the fence to, i have all DLC to the first 2 games, i am currently in Colombia storywise and this is One of the best games in years, feels like i dont want to miss any content so i might have to buy 7ds, there will be sales later on though, i havent touch any dlc at all sofar :)

Will there be more paid DLC to Hitman?