• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
You.. you gave me hope..

screenshot2021-01-20aorkj9.png

tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
The cloud servers on the switch seem to be getting hammered, get an error code and when I get in the game is quite laggy, control works fine though so ill wait for the launch day madness to die down before I decide on buying it

Very curious how well this plays on the switch. Control was pretty good. Does Hitman 3 also offer a performance and quality mode?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the game. It was cool! Definitely a bit more "action/spy thriller movie" in tone than the previous two though. I'm looking forward to exploring each location further to uncover all the secrets and complete all the mission stories.

Oct 25, 2017
It won't let me enter an email address for the Epic version, but I do have access Hitman 1 content without having to do any weird imports. Never had to download the H1 client at all, etc.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I was watching the initial Dubai opening cutscene, and partway through the game lost connection or something and booted me back to the menu so now I have to watch it again from the beginning. It also seems like you can't pause the cutscenes, which sucks.

Oct 26, 2017
welp stuck trying to link this bullshit as don't want to start the game only to wipe progress. trying on ps5, have no idea if I've got an ioi account? can't seem to find anything in my emails about one, tried creating one and the website is fucked. very cool.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
That broken transfer site is disappointing. If you put so much emphasis on the online connection that stuff needs to work or you need to find more elegant ways to do the transfer. Can't be that hard for console players....

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really frustrated. This is such a mess. If I knew I would have bought it on ps5 for dual sense and keep hitman 1/2 on my serie x. I don't have access to hitman 1 6h after launch in my game

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this one of the best benchmarks ever? In terms of fun cause it just a mansion exploding on the inside. Did not know there was so much destructibility in these maps.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I *think* it worked. I'm left at a page that says:

"No import tasks found. It may take up to 5 minutes for tasks to appear"

Is it done then?

Edit: Took a min, it's done!

Meader

Oct 30, 2017
I've got the digital version of Hitman 1 and the physical version of Hitman 2 installed on my PS5 but I can play neither in Hitman 3. Trying to access them through the Hitman 3 menus tries to charge me, what am I missing here?

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
Simple: we didn't 😂

The progression transfer system is down and has been since launch so we're all stuck waiting for that to go up. If you start Hitman 3 and then do the progress transfer from 2, it will delete whatever progress you made in 3 before that point.
Ah damn! I wasn't following up lol

So if I start playing and then transfer the save whenever its working it will erase my progress from 3?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Ah damn! I wasn't following up lol
So if I start playing and then transfer the save whenever its working it will erase my progress from 3?
Yep. If you started playing Hitman 3 now and say, completed a couple of levels, then when you transfer progress over it will delete that progress in 3.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I've got the digital version of Hitman 1 and the physical version of Hitman 2 installed on my PS5 but I can play neither in Hitman 3. Trying to access them through the Hitman 3 menus tries to charge me, what am I missing here?
Keep in mind that there are hiccups still but make sure you have:
  • Downloaded the H1 Legacy pack from inside Hitman 1
  • Downloaded the H2 access pack from inside Hitman 2
That should then allow you to claim the access packs in 3 for free (2 might just work after the above step – not sure).

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Any impressions on Hitman 1+2 levels running in 3 on PS5/XSX? Does it look or play better?

Loaded up Paris and it looks the same as it does when playing Hitman 2 on the Series X to me. Been playing tons of Hitman 2 all week. Hitman 2 already looked great there.

Still looks amazing! But no, didn't instantly notice anything. Updates must be subtle. Don't expect some crazy new graphics engine.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
It's probably running at 4k at 60fps, the last 2 ran at a near constant 4k 60fps so I assume they put both options under the game as it was possible with last 2.

Thats what I expected but according to one video it doesn't even have options to toggle like the previous games although the PS4 versions do. Maybe its just an oversight and will be patched. Would rather play at 1080p60 than 4k30.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I'm really frustrated. This is such a mess. If I knew I would have bought it on ps5 for dual sense and keep hitman 1/2 on my serie x. I don't have access to hitman 1 6h after launch in my game
You should have access to your Hitman 1 content if you have it downloaded to your console. That's not broken.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 1 requires an in-game export and Hitman 2 does too if you have it on disc. Sadly the pack that's supposed to be in H2's in-game store seems to be missing rn so I can't import it into 3. I got the levels from 1 and 2's DLC imported fine but not the base game.

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
Yep. If you started playing Hitman 3 now and say, completed a couple of levels, then when you transfer progress over it will delete that progress in 3.
God! Any chances they will patch this bug in between? I'll start playing tonight anyway. Playing a level a few times is what the game is made for either way😂

side note for anyone playing on PS5, how's the HDR? On 2 i had to disable it, with the PS5 native HDR on, the game looked super bright.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
I still can't believe they thought it would be a good idea to have everyone attempt to transfer their progress at the exact same time as the game launched. It must be so frustrating for them to get the best reviews in their history one day and then the next to have everyone talking about them being unable to play it but they really did bring it upon themselves. It's never a good idea to have thousands and thousands of people try to access something you haven't mass-tested all at the same time.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
ok so it was showing my account, then I tried a few times and it failed the transfer. Kept going back and trying again, now its back to not finding any accounts at all

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
God! Any chances they will patch this bug in between? I'll start playing tonight anyway. Playing a level a few times is what the game is made for either way😂
side note for anyone playing on PS5, how's the HDR? On 2 i had to disable it, with the PS5 native HDR on the game looked super bright
The overwrite isn't a bug, just how it works. Keep trying though, as some people are now managing to get through. I know the temptation to say 'fuck it' and start anyway lol.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of glad I wasn't able to do more than fire it up and mess around for a few minutes before work, hopefully this will be sorted by the time I get home tonight.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
Keep in mind that there are hiccups still but make sure you have:
  • Downloaded the H1 Legacy pack from inside Hitman 1
  • Downloaded the H2 access pack from inside Hitman 2
That should then allow you to claim the access packs in 3 for free (2 might just work after the above step – not sure).

Wait how do you download the H1 legacy packs? I don't see them. I initially tried to do that from within H2, but the store doesn't even show them

Edit: Nevermind. I found them 😅