• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
It3wp8E.png

This is dumb

Yep, same boat. Really disappointing.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I have yes. I currently also have Hitman 2 installed with all of the 2016 content loaded into it. Seems to be a common issue right now, but I'm going to reinstall 2016 just in case.
Then you're definitely good to go – when everything is resolved should be free for you. As you say, there seems to be a number of issues ongoing.

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
I'ma be playing these levels hundreds of times anyway so I'm just gonna dive in and transfer later

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I was only level 16 in Hitman 2. only did everything in the first one. Maybe I should just say duck it and start playing. Not having that many toys at the start might also make it more challenging.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lets say I don't care about carrying over the progress of the previous games but just want to be able to play them in 3.

Still need to do the transfer? Shouldn't it just know like every other game on Xbox?

Also I don't think I ever made an IO account when I played Hitman 2. Do I have to log into Hitman 2 with my new account so I can see it in 3?

Why does this have to be such a mess? 🤔
If you don't care about progress carrying over then you're good to go

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So, on EGS if I buy HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Expansion I can play hitman 2 levels in 3? Do I need to download 2 or will it detect my steam version of it?

Oct 30, 2017
You need to redeem the Legacy Pack within Hitman 1's in-game store. They're able to detect if you own the digital version of 2, but for 1 you need to do this no matter how you own it.

This is assuming you're not on XBox, where there are issues they're trying to fix with the pack for 1.
Is the Hitman 2 Standard download in Hitman 3 the same as the Hitman 2 Expansion that
You need to redeem the Legacy Pack within Hitman 1's in-game store. They're able to detect if you own the digital version of 2, but for 1 you need to do this no matter how you own it.

This is assuming you're not on XBox, where there are issues they're trying to fix with the pack for 1.
Okay I think I have everything redeemed now! Thanks so much!!

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
So, on EGS if I buy HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Expansion I can play hitman 2 levels in 3? Do I need to download 2 or will it detect my steam version of it?

Why would you buy the Access Pass if you have the game on Steam already? You will get it for free in the next weeks.
Also it won't detect your Steam version, you'll have to rely 100% on the Epic version.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
The progression transfer system is down and has been since launch so we're all stuck waiting for that to go up. If you start Hitman 3 and then do the progress transfer from 2, it will delete whatever progress you made in 3 before that point.

I was trying for 20 min to get it working and didn't realize it was a legitimate issue for everyone til I just checked Era

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Ah man, 39.99 is a bit too expensive for two old missions I find.
On top of two levels (of which the bank is one of the best levels in the series imo) you also get two sniper assassin maps which feature hours of content as well as some missions and content packs. It's not just "two old missions".

That being said 40 bucks is indeed steep and the pass goes on sale quite often iirc, so there's no harm in waiting.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I have yes. I currently also have Hitman 2 installed with all of the 2016 content loaded into it. Seems to be a common issue right now, but I'm going to reinstall 2016 just in case.
I've just reinstalled hitman 1 and it didn't seem to have any effect. Just gonna leave it for a few hours until it's sorted I guess

VicRattlehead

Oct 25, 2017
The cloud servers on the switch seem to be getting hammered, get an error code and when I get in the game is quite laggy, control works fine though so ill wait for the launch day madness to die down before I decide on buying it

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
IOI posted this on twitter, so at least they know about the bug and are working to fix it asap

i'm gonna fuck around and just explore the first level but not go too hard in, would like to xfer my progress from my PS4 save

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I bought hitman goty and hitman 2 gold yesterday on ps5 to transfer into 3.

Got the hitman 2 and expansions access pass unlocked but psn still wants me to pay for hitman 1 goty and hitman 2 gold access packs. Is this just a bug and I'll get them later or do I have to do something within hitman 2?

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Has anybody been able to get the stuff from the Blood Money Requiem DLC pack from H1 to show up in your equipment in H3?

Trying to figure out if that stuff is inaccessible in H3 or if it may carry over when doing an H2 progression transfer.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Just got through and transferred Steam to Epic - let's see!

*edit* Looks to be done!

Will check after dinner.

Untitledb.png

Oct 28, 2017
It has recognised my Steam account on stage 1 of the carryover now, and this was after I went through the prompt after firing up HE for the first time.

It's stuck on the exporting data stage now though, just a loading circle.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
I bought hitman goty and hitman 2 gold yesterday on ps5 to transfer into 3.

Got the hitman 2 and expansions access pass unlocked but psn still wants me to pay for hitman 1 goty and hitman 2 gold access packs. Is this just a bug and I'll get them later or do I have to do something within hitman 2?
You need to go into Hitman 1 and download the Legacy Pack within there (you may be able to do this directly in the PS store, as well, but I'm not sure about that). Once you've downloaded the Legacy Pack, it will show as purchased when trying to buy/download it in H3.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Transferred my Xbox progress over just now.

still waiting on the €29.99 Hitman 1 pass to become free.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got home and was able to get H1 and H2's DLC redeemed in H3. However, the pack that's supposed to be in the H2 store for us disc owners is still MIA.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
It found my account, got the progress, selected the account to import into and confirmed it as a one-time deal. Now circling

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Booted up H3 just to browse around. Got my access passes successfully. Browsing the old locations, I don't see the Christmas variant of Paris. Did they not port that over?

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Got the transfer working.

All progress in. All trophies for the legacy maps just got done popping.

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
uhhh I'm on PC and the left trigger on my new xbox controller isn't being registered? Anyone else?