• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
How does disc importing work? Like if someone owns a copy of Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 on disc but they've bought Hitman 3 on disc........? Like you can't have multiple discs in the console to confirm you own it? So do you just redeem the access passes with the Hitman 1 and 2 discs and then Hitman 3 just assumes you're still in possession of those discs? Seems crazy to me?

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any idea if you need to log into your IO account inside Hitman 3 before starting the transfer process? Wouldn't be surprised if there's no definite answer rn considering the whole process seems to be down this second but I figured it'd be good to ask anyway.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, i'm sorry, i'm sure it have been answered many times, i'm not at home right now. I purchased Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 yesterday on my PS5 because they were on sale, but i didn't downloaded them. Then i purchased Hitman 3 and pre-loaded it, will i have to do anything specific to access the Hitman 1 and 2 levels from H3?

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
How does disc importing work? Like if someone owns a copy of Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 on disc but they've bought Hitman 3 on disc........? Like you can't have multiple discs in the console to confirm you own it? So do you just redeem the access passes with the Hitman 1 and 2 discs and then Hitman 3 just assumes you're still in possession of those discs? Seems crazy to me?

That's exactly how it works. You install HM1, download the access pass via the menu, and you're good to go.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
More H2 vs H3 comparisons....

Here are screenshots sliders from PS5 for H2 vs H3. The jump to native 4k is actually bigger than I thought. I also don't know why the text is like that on the H3 screenshots. On screen it looks fine. Anyway basically everything looks clearer and sharper and you see more details, especially in background objects. There's lighting changes, like on Paris the blocks near 47 appear reflective now (although that isn't ray tracing). And as I mentioned earlier, I also feel like the game is a little smoother/more responsive.

Thanks for the comparisons! The difference is pretty striking. I don't know if its the jump to full fat 4K or if they changed something with their AA solution, but H2 looks super soft in comparison.

Oct 28, 2017
I just don't know how in this day and age, given how many times this has happened to countless games before, developers cannot recognise and foresee a potential server bottleneck.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
That's exactly how it works. You install HM1, download the access pass via the menu, and you're good to go.

It just kind of shocks me because someone could easily buy the first two games on disc and then trade them in/refund them and still have them in their copy of Hitman 3?

I have all the games digitally anyway but that seems like a rather generous oversight haha.

I just don't know how in this day and age, given how many times this has happened to countless games before, developers cannot recognise and foresee a potential server bottleneck.

Yup and this EASILY could've been up before the game given how it all works.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So I own the H1 digitally but H2 on disc. Whats the best option to go for on the H3? Can I still get disc and import everything ok?

The only thing that affects the import process is something you already did, which was buying 2 on disc. Because you have 2 on disc, you will need to open 2 and use it's in-game store to redeem the Access Pack for 2's levels in 3. If you had bought 2 digitally that wouldn't be necessary.

Buying 3 on disc or digital shouldn't affect this.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm 50/50 on the episodic format. I can see arguments for or against it, but I wonder what's the easiest way for them to develop. Whatever it is, that's what they should go with.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, i'm sorry, i'm sure it have been answered many times, i'm not at home right now. I purchased Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 yesterday on my PS5 because they were on sale, but i didn't downloaded them. Then i purchased Hitman 3 and pre-loaded it, will i have to do anything specific to access the Hitman 1 and 2 levels from H3?
There's an export process that has to be done inside Hitman 1 for those levels. For Hitman 2 digital versions don't need to do anything but disc copies will have to grab the export from the H2 in game store.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I might be disappointed but I'm still as excited for when this all works itself out. Got a lot of content to enjoy soon.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a terrible launch. So broken. If I can't get hitman 1 access by tomorrow I'll ask a refund and wait for a sale

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

You will at least have to download 1 and redeem the Legacy Pack within it. From there, their wording for this is a little weird. You might have to download 2 and install that Legacy Pack, but I can't see why that would matter and it may be worded towards people who played 2.

So after redeeming the Legacy Pack, I would suggest just opening 3's in-game store and seeing if the Access Packs for 1 and 2 are there. If so, grab them and you're good to go. If you don't see 1's, you should try downloading 2 and installing the pack. At the very least, you should be safe to delete 1 after you get that Legacy Pack.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
But that's because Hitman 2 came out without barely any marketing. This one has 34 pages and the game has been out 3 hours.

Also, H2 reception was lukewarm, because shitton of people thought it was still episodic.
I mean I followed both OTs and the community in general H1 was much livelier, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry if you disagree?

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean I followed both OTs and the community in general H1 was much livelier, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry if you disagree?
As someone who spent months entering the H2 OT and pre-release threads, and telling everyone how the game was not episodic, it's not a matter of agreeing or not.

H2 had a worse reception because people thought it was "another season".

razt99

Jan 7, 2021
No Spoilers. Enjoyed the Dubai level, the game looks incredible on PS5, great lighting work throughout.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up in case anyone hasn't tried it - for EGS anyway:

I started installing Hitman 1 after seeing a recommendation to get the access pass through there. On a whim I went to the Hitman 3 store page and went to buy the £24.99 access pass through there.

It discounted to £0.00 and now I can access the 1 levels in 3 - just have to wait for the transfer process now.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
As someone who spent months entering the H2 OT and pre-release threads, and telling everyone how the game was not episodic, it's not a matter of agreeing or not.

H2 had a worse reception because people thought it was "another season".
I mean I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying H1 community was better and episodic was a big part of that and other users clearly agree. I was in the H2 threads too. Not sure why you're pushing it and if you disagree then I don't really care lol

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't even play hitman 1 tonight because of all the server crap. Not worth playing off line if it doesn't save your achievements.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Just a heads up in case anyone hasn't tried it - for EGS anyway:

I started installing Hitman 1 after seeing a recommendation to get the access pass through there. On a whim I went to the Hitman 3 store page and went to buy the £24.99 access pass through there.

It discounted to £0.00 and now I can access the 1 levels in 3 - just have to wait for the transfer process now.

When you buy H3, the H1 access pack was auto added to my library. I just installed it.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I get that, but to use your analogy, some people don't like waiting a week for the next episode, they want to binge the show all at once. Netflix is famous for it.

Same with Hitman. Coming from Call of Duty Zombies, where you play 1 map for 100s of hours, I get your point and I agree with you, but some people just aren't the completionist type, or they don't want to get involved with an ongoing commitment. They want to play the game for a week and then put it away.
Yeah, and that's fair enough. But those people could just wait until the end of the season, and then play the game for a week and then put it away.

As I recall the counter-argument to that was "but I don't want to wait!" But the game simply wasn't finished yet (one of the reasons they found episodic attractive, as opposed to just delaying the entire game). That response fell on deaf ears though :(

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying H1 community was better and episodic was a big part of that and other users clearly agree. I was in the H2 threads too. Not sure why you're pushing it and if you disagree then I don't really care lol
Because I was discussing how the talk for the H1 season went slower and slower and each map interested less people, that's how this conversation started. I was in that thread as well. Episodic is not worth it if at the end only 6 dudes are excited for Hokkaido. Hell, I remember more interest when they announced the GOTY edition.

But really, it's not worth the time to discuss this. Let's just be grateful Hitman exists at all, and that it gave us three fantastic games.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, episodic for a series like Hitman makes a lot of sense. I can see why square tried to go for it. The initial release shouldve been a full game though, with just lots of DLC one level at a time, divided by seasons. Its basically how it is now with different branding I guess.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, episodic for a series like Hitman makes a lot of sense. I can see why square tried to go for it. The initial release shouldve been a full game though, with just lots of DLC one level at a time, divided by seasons. Its basically how it is now except selling seasons instead of packs.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
This whole thing is a mess. I'm starting fresh. I owned Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 GOTY on steam. Bought 3 on EGS and was able to download the Hitman 1 access pass. Might wait it out until they figure out how to give me the hitman 2 access pass in hitman 3 via steam. Not really sure how they are going to do that without me having to redownload 2 or something.

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017
God this is an annoying launch for PC. No preload, then login issues now linking issues, literally cant play the game on launch cause I'll lose progress once I link accounts.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wait...there's a global launch and the servers have shit themselves!?

Oh dear...

It's a real shame it's affecting H1 and H2 as well. I was going to finish up H2 maps on H2 to get some extra cheevos... :(

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I own Hitman 1 and 2 on PS4. What's the cheapest way to get the Hitman 2 DLC so I can play it in Hitman 3? Not really keen to spend 99.99 on Hitman 3 Gold.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Feel for the team, this is a shitty way to cap off what has been a pretty spotless lead-up to launch. I'm sure they're all working as hard as possible, hope they can figure it out soon (and stay off Twitter until they do)