• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Snipe, Falcated, ola, renegade is my guess.

Or Snipe, Falcated, King Nick, Spartan

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe the lethul being dropped until it happens. I don't think anybody would scrim with a group of people that wants to drop him. Also wouldn't make sense to the team to be using a person they aren't going to have in the future so why scrim? Part of me just thinks it's that SEN hate to stir up some shit.

If you are trying to get a new person like renegade they would just play together to get prepped for future tourneys.

winkerstein

May 5, 2020
North America
Eck, I feel bad for Bubu being the odd man out. He is far from the worst on that roster, but I'm assuming Faze just plain doesn't wanna get rid of Snipedown.

Seems to be running with Eunited right now. On another note, seems Karmea is off of Luminosity and is running with Complexity atm

Gonna guess that Faze will be Spartan, Renegade, Snipedown, Falcated

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Eck, I feel bad for Bubu being the odd man out. He is far from the worst on that roster, but I'm assuming Faze just plain doesn't wanna get rid of Snipedown.

Seems to be running with Eunited right now. On another note, seems Karmea is off of Luminosity and is running with Complexity atm

Gonna guess that Faze will be Spartan, Renegade, Snipedown, Falcated

Those would be some damn skilled players on that team... Just hope they don't get tilted, holy shit.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Snipedown, Renegade, Spartan, Falcated would be a top contender, IMO

Sen stays the same, they just won...

Optic is #1 still

Eunited is a downgrade

SSG seems to be a bit better

Luminosity already imploded? Seems complexity is better now

I always thought renegade joining Faze would be smart to get Snipedown and Renegade to co-join an Apex competitive team, dont think Faze is in Apex yet, only Optic?

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Bubu is a great support player but he isnt a slayer. Now he is going onto an Eunited roster that just got rid of their main slayer...
Not good for them IMO.
I don't feel good about FAZE either unless Ola replaces Bubu because he is one player who could probably do Bubus role better.

I don't believe the lethul being dropped until it happens. I don't think anybody would scrim with a group of people that wants to drop him. Also wouldn't make sense to the team to be using a person they aren't going to have in the future so why scrim? Part of me just thinks it's that SEN hate to stir up some shit.

If you are trying to get a new person like renegade they would just play together to get prepped for future tourneys.
Renegade and Frosty both think they are far and above the best players in the game so i don't see why they wouldn't move butts to get on the same team.

Oct 27, 2017
Bubu is a great support player but he isnt a slayer. Now he is going onto an Eunited roster that just got rid of their main slayer...
Not good for them IMO.
I don't feel good about FAZE either unless Ola replaces Bubu because he is one player who could probably do Bubus role better.

Renegade and Frosty both think they are far and above the best players in the game so i don't see why they wouldn't move butts to get on the same team.
If you put two people with ego's that big the team will not last a second. Frosty is confident but I think the SEN team always worked so well because they each fill a specific roll. Renegade just always came off as arrogant and since H5 renegade has definitely grew some beef with SEN's roaster. For any team to drop Ren you know it's something due to the dude being egotistical or not getting along with other players.

This is the dude who said he wouldn't scrim SEN before unless there was money on the line. Ain't no way someone that petty against a team would later fit in.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
If you put two people with ego's that big the team will not last a second. Frosty is confident but I think the SEN team always worked so well because they each fill a specific roll. Renegade just always came off as arrogant and since H5 renegade has definitely grew some beef with SEN's roaster. For any team to drop Ren you know it's something due to the dude being egotistical or not getting along with other players.

This is the dude who said he wouldn't scrim SEN before unless there was money on the line. Ain't no way someone that petty against a team would later fit in.
I was watching a stream once he literally said he didn't want to play Frosty in particular if there wasn't money on the line (because its too much work/he's too good), but also said they were friends.

Makes me think they'd like to team together. But I guess we will see soon hopefully.

Oct 27, 2017
I was watching a stream once he literally said he didn't want to play Frosty in particular if there wasn't money on the line (because its too much work/he's too good), but also said they were friends.

Makes me think they'd like to team together. But I guess we will see soon hopefully.
Idk about 90% of the people in halo being friends especially given how renegade and his team has been against scrimming since late H5. People look poorly on that and it's created this strange thing in infinite where people will just not scrim other team for whatever reason and shit like that is bad for the pro scene. But then again the way 343 has been handling the scene, all the mishaps in events, people being finned for saying anything and everything about the game. The scene is just getting petty with 343 controlling it. And like all things 343 handles, they fumble and it falls apart.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So sparty hasn't been paid out from Anaheim or KC...and other players confirmed they haven't been paid...if this is HCS not paying out, it's a really bad sign for Halo eSports...

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Snipedown, Renegade, Spartan, Falcated would be a top contender, IMO

Sen stays the same, they just won...

Optic is #1 still

Eunited is a downgrade

SSG seems to be a bit better

Luminosity already imploded? Seems complexity is better now

I always thought renegade joining Faze would be smart to get Snipedown and Renegade to co-join an Apex competitive team, dont think Faze is in Apex yet, only Optic?
If Lethul is still on SEN, I think they're going to fall tbh. Not because of skill, but chemistry. If they really did try to drop him and failed it's going to be so hard for them to trust each other and there will be infighting

Side note: anyone see Players on Paramount+ yet? It's a mockumentary about a LoL esports team and there are SO many parallels to halo lmao

This is not new. It takes time to pay out, been going on since H5
Yep. Also not exclusive to halo esports.

Last edited:

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is not new. It takes time to pay out, been going on since H5

If Lethul is still on SEN, I think they're going to fall tbh. Not because of skill, but chemistry. If they really did try to drop him and failed it's going to be so hard for them to trust each other and there will be infighting

Side note: anyone see Players on Paramount+ yet? It's a mockumentary about a LoL esports team and there are SO many parallels to halo lmao

Yep. Also not exclusive to halo esports.

Ah, so esports in general is just a joke. got it. LMAO.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Is that an issue even for leagues like the CDL? (CoD)

Though CoD pros receive a way higher salary than Halo teams so less of a tight squeeze waiting to get paid out from tournaments.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Renegade moving to Faze.
FaZe Clan's Halo side is set to pick up Cloud9 star Jonathan 'Renegade' Willette, whose move to HCS Kansas winners Sentinels fell through over buyout disagreements.

Per our last report, Sentinels were planning to shake up the Halo world, with the dynasty squad that has won so much together splitting to make way for Renegade. Tony 'Lethul' Campbell was the player intended to be making way for Cloud9's young star.

According to Dexerto sources, that transfer fell through as Sentinels failed to meet Cloud9's valuation of Renegade, which was in excess of $400,000.
Not sure where this leaves the Faze roster, though. Renegade, Snipedown are in, but they let Bound and Bubu go.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
From what snipe said a few days ago bound is still technically signed to faze but perhaps that's just a formal thing to say until he's officially off the roster. Snipe, Ren, Falcated and one more
Word had been that Snipedown wanted to play with Ola again, so maybe he slides into that fourth spot. Maybe Spartan if EU lets him out of his deal.

Jan 6, 2022
Yeah I would guess Spartan tries to slot into Bubu's position. That team has massive talent, but they can also implode without the right leadership haha

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
A Snipedown, Falcated, Renegade, Sparty Faze squad would make things extra spicy going forward because that would be one hell of a squad, I just have questions on objective game modes like Oddball. That entire team are deadly slayers but can't see any of them wanting to hold ball for a significant amount of time. lol

Regarding Lethul, I know they all know it's a run business and orgs make moves to give them the best chance of winning at the end of the day but it still must feel shitty for him knowing they wanted to boot him from the squad after being with them for so long and winning KC with them. I was never a huge fan of Lethul and the way he handled the Royal 2 cheating controversy was very childish but I will say I give him some respect for how he's handled the dropped rumors.

He could have easily pulled a Sparty and made a big fuss on twitter like a diva and benched himself or whatnot once he found out, but instead he took the high road and didn't air out any dirty laundry on social media and continued to scrim with them like business as usual. Not only that, but I have noticed seeing him grind ranked matchmaking just solo recently when watching some other pro streams. Perhaps he was getting lackadaisical and the reality of him getting dropped lit a fire under his ass and gave him some newfound enthusiasm for the game and wanting to get better.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Word had been that Snipedown wanted to play with Ola again, so maybe he slides into that fourth spot. Maybe Spartan if EU lets him out of his deal.
funny you said spartan because someone asked snipe if he could wink or give a nod to the current squad revision if he couldn't answer specifically and the dude said ren, falcated and spartan. Snipe just looked at the comment and said "sounds like a helluva team" so we now know one of those were correct at the very least but who knows maybe spartan will also.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Modern day Halo/esports in general is weird man. All these weird contract shenanigans are strange. eUnited refusing to let Sparty go, C9 not letting Renegade leave. Might as well try and get something out of it if you player wants to leave. Instead of leaving them in limbo and/or losing money on a player that won't play.

I get that you might not want to strengthen your rivals but this is all just so strange. And makes it all less exciting to follow as well.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Modern day Halo/esports in general is weird man. All these weird contract shenanigans are strange. eUnited refusing to let Sparty go, C9 not letting Renegade leave. Might as well try and get something out of it if you player wants to leave. Instead of leaving them in limbo and/or losing money on a player that won't play.

I get that you might not want to strengthen your rivals but this is all just so strange. And makes it all less exciting to follow as well.

None of this is new to Halo or eSports in general. the contracts just use to be way smaller with smaller orgs so it wasn't really an issue to be discussed.

That and this newer Gen of players seem a lot more willing to discuss this stuff lol

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Interesting note, the Primal Glory sniper coating was originally the Grassroots coating. For some reason 343 changed the name. Too bad the Mark VII coating is not the GF drop, it looks sick.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw that Valencia was this weekend. My team and I were making plans to definitely go there and at least try to get through the pool stages. But then 343 happened (aka actually nothing happened) and we just lost interest and now I wasn't even aware it was happening. Honestly makes me feel a bit sad because it would've been a blast.

Is there a place I can see all the statistics? Would love to see why teams and players signed up and are competing this weekend.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't be too mad at the breaks because of technical issues. Pretty much guarantees I'll get the sniper coating today and can turn off the stream.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Can't be too mad at the breaks because of technical issues. Pretty much guarantees I'll get the sniper coating today and can turn off the stream.
The production has been embarrassing and it's made the event hard to watch/follow. There's a truly insane amount of downtime, and a lot of the time, they haven't even filled it with anything other than images of the trophy or stage.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yeah, unless it's a Major or Worlds I just dip after getting the twitch drops due to the insane downtime and technical issues.

I should try watching a couple other esport tournaments to get a comparison.

Jan 6, 2022
That Jlingz Blackhand series was fun to watch, and definitely started some beefs. Drops or not, fun to see EU Halo get over 10k viewers consistently, happy for them. Seems like a fun vibe in Valencia

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Any idea when the Grand Finals are? I've been letting it run at 3AM PST for the past few nights, but don't want to miss it, if the drop requires a page refresh or something.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Do we know what the rosters are yet?
Im so glad renegade didnt join Sentinels that would have made for boring watching imo.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I was gone this weekend and couldnt watch. Is there any overflow stream to watch for the diamond skin

Watching tacquin now

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Some great games and I loved the skins. Super hyped for whatever the team shakeups shake out to be. Lets go Tappin Buttons in the Mex tourney in a few weeks