• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm dunno about those three. Sure 4k or hdr would be nice, but i mean it's the content that matters, right? While there maybe a shortage of originals at launch, they seem to have more than enough content to hold over. As for the app, I believe it's just hbonow that will be updated. So you can download that now and wait, or just when it releases just download it as max.

I'm on Roku. The app isn't updating if they don't have a deal in place. Not really sure if they're negotiating wildly right now or doing the typical stall tactics until enough complaints roll in.

Oct 27, 2017
Im so freakin ready. This and billy and mandy

I think it's more that it along with other cartoons from them went to boomerang
Is it on Boomerang now? Wasn't when I stopped watching a few years back when they were throwing new shows(literally 2010s) on boomerang instead of it being a classics channel.

Just thought, hopefully Batman TAS is on this as well:O

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Do we have a thorough list of all the new stuff hitting tonight? I know some shows I want to see won't be out for a few weeks. Being waiting for Close Enough for a few years, I can wait a couple more weeks :x

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Is it on Boomerang now? Wasn't when I stopped watching a few years back when they were throwing new shows(literally 2010s) on boomerang instead of it being a classics channel.

It was on Boomerang several years back once a day at like midnight, and only lasted a few months on the channel before it disappeared. Ed Edd N Eddy reruns have been pretty sparse on TV after the show ended, really strange CN just forgot about it.

Oct 27, 2017
It was on Boomerang several years back once a day at like midnight, and only lasted a few months on the channel before it disappeared. Ed Edd N Eddy reruns have been pretty sparse on TV after the show ended, really strange CN just forgot about it.
Seriously, for it to be the longest running cartoon cartoon, one of the most popular, and one of the originals it's weird how they ignore it. I assumed due to licensing or something.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York

So far it seems like the DC Universe content aside from Doom Patrol is on the service at launch, I could be wrong.

Jul 4, 2018
No HBO Max in the UK due to Sky existing. But they dont have a streaming app, and only way to watch their content is through a cable package... really hate them.

Watch TV, Movies & Live Sports Online - NOW - Join in

Choose your NOW Membership and stream the latest movies, tv series, live sports and kids entertainment on demand, on any device.
They do have a streaming service and hopefully giving the contract renewal it will get the MAX originals.
What time will this be going live? Midnight? EST? PST?
There is a countdown here: https://www.att.com/hbo-max/

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do companies go out of their way to make things confusing?

That's a really good question. Presumably they're using focus groups so I assume the answer is "money" in some nefarious form, though I have no idea why a company would let any little hiccup (and the confusions surrounding HBO Max are more than a little hiccup) get in the way of a successful and pain-free launch.

Of course, there isn't a lot of new content upfront (one new scripted show!?) so maybe HBO is fine letting people scramble until they can relaunch with that Friends reunion special.

MattD

Nov 4, 2017
First thing I watch will be the new Looney Tunes. After that, more cartoons probably. Gonna watch all the cartoons.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
It's been a mess trying to figure out just what content will be on the service.

Reports from their big announcement at the end of last year state that Max will get the Criterion library. But that doesn't seem to be true?
Similarly, reports also state that Max will get the DC Universe stuff...but, again, not true anymore? Or is this stuff coming?

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So any news on console apps? Either way I'm not staying up til 3am to get it tonight

Jul 4, 2018

Reports from their big announcement at the end of last year state that Max will get the Criterion library. But that doesn't seem to be true?
Similarly, reports also state that Max will get the DC Universe stuff...but, again, not true anymore? Or is this stuff coming?
It is coming but will only be limited, at least to start, not the full collections. Only Doom Patrol from DCU for instance.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017

Basically, I think we have no idea. At least at launch, the content from other Warner-owned streaming services (Criterion, Crunchyroll, DCU) is extremely limited. who knows when it'll expand and if it ends up fully encompassing any of those services' libraries.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
I caved and cancelled the HBO Amazon prime channel and got the 11.99 deal. Sucks no firetv app but I guess I'll watch on PS4

Last edited:

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord HBO Max has a ton on content.

I can finally watch all of the Studio Ghibli movies that I have never seen.

I am probably going to cancel the HBO for Hulu TV addon and move on to this.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I have a Shield TV in the living room but my bedroom uses a Fire TV stick 4K. So yeah I'm not happy about not having the Max app at launch on that platform. I can still get Max in my bedroom by getting it from the Samsung App store since I have a Samsung TV. But who wants to use multiple platforms?

Well nothing I can do about it but I really hope they can come to an agreement soon. It would be really nice if Amazon could stop having fights with other huge media companies and lose access to their content. If only Shield TV was much cheaper, I'd be done with Fire TV already.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
So let me get this straight. It launches tomorrow and doesn't encompass the full content from DC Universe, Boomerang, or Cartoon Network into the service, but rather a selection of content? I remember when they announced this that it was supposed to have these services integrated into one singular service. Boy the message on that should have been clearer ahead of this launch.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't remember them promising DC Universe content outside of Doom Patrol.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I have Spectrum cable with an HBO channel

But I don't see any way of putting that on there without starting the Max subscription

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's go, finally jumped on the $12 deal, if you guys think about it, this might be the last big streaming service to launch ever especially in the US

118edbac-ac2c-4721-a256-32d51b027ca0.gif

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if Frontier customers will have access to HBO Max? Frontier lists our services as FIOS.