• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

You got the $1200?

• Yes

Votes: 1,191 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 1,377 53.6%

• Total voters

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I just used the eligibility checker and it said they didn't have enough info to determine eligibility. Who do I contact to check eligibility?

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Got my check today. I'm surprised that I'm eligible since I'm not a green card holder but an H1B worker. Also I thought if I'm qualified i would get $2,200 (1,200 for me and $500 each for my wife and child) but in stead I got $2400.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Was just checking in with my brother, he uses BB&T, just got a $3,900 pending transaction (married, three kids). He's still working but only about 20 hours a week. So good for him. That should see him through a few more months without grief.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I reckon this'll be a headache for me. I filed in 2018, but the IRS doesn't have my bank information because I always owe taxes (I don't get a refund). I didn't need to file in 2019 because I made no money as an individual (everything I make goes through my s-corp), and the IRS' answer for that is to give them your bank information as a "non-filer," but they give you a 1040 to file online to do that...which you cannot submit if you list your income as "0."

If it helps anyone, I found out about this tool from TurboTax this morning. It's supposed to get your direct deposit info to the IRS if you haven't filed this year or don't need to file. I submitted it, but TurboTax has to relay it to the IRS to "see if your stimulus submission is accepted or rejected." My hopes are not high for seeing this money any time soon.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I reckon this'll be a headache for me. I filed in 2018, but the IRS doesn't have my bank information because I always owe taxes (I don't get a refund). I didn't need to file in 2019 because I made no money as an individual (everything I make goes through my s-corp), and the IRS' answer for that is to give them your bank information as a "non-filer," but they give you a 1040 to file online to do that...which you cannot submit if you list your income as "0."

If it helps anyone, I found out about this tool from TurboTax this morning. It's supposed to get your direct deposit info to the IRS if you haven't filed this year or don't need to file. I submitted it, but TurboTax has to relay it to the IRS to "see if your stimulus submission is accepted or rejected." My hopes are not high for seeing this money any time soon.

See I'd be worried about giving the IRS my banking info if I owed in fear of them just pulling the money from my account.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
So the site says the payment tool will give you that error message if your taxes are still being processed(among other things)

Apparently my federal tax is still being processed even though I filed and it was accepted back in Feburary, got my state returns back in March though. If it still hasn't processed after all this time am I fucked? It didn't really bother me before this cause I was only getting some money back from the state returns so I didn't try to chase down the federal one when I wasn't getting much money from it.

chimpychi

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, got this too. No deposit today and I did my taxes literally the day I received my W2. Got my refund like 3 weeks into February direct deposited so have no idea why I wouldn't be able to know what's going on.
Im in your exact same situation.. Got my refund in Feb.. Direct deposit.. No issues.. And now now.. The worst part is not knowing what to do or what's going on..

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I've got a problem with mine... I got $1200 for me, $500 for my son... and $1200 for my wife who passed away this last year. Does anyone have any recommendation for what I should do? I'll probably just sit on it for a while because I don't want to deal with the long phone calls or anything for now, but eventually it probably needs to be fixed.

brotherbean

Oct 26, 2017
Im in your exact same situation.. Got my refund in Feb.. Direct deposit.. No issues.. And now now.. The worst part is not knowing what to do or what's going on..

Similar situation although I only filed the first week in April. Filing was approved almost immediately and the federal refund was deposited late last week, but irs.gov says they don't have enough info to determine our eligibility. Honestly I'm less worried about receiving the stimulus than I am that there's something wrong with my tax filing...

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
Got it, but kinda bummed my daughter falls into that "gets nothing" category, she was working the last couple years and filing her taxes while going to college full time, but since I claimed her as a dependent she gets nothing, and I don't get the 500 child bonus for her either since she's over 16.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
If someone makes over the income thresholds, do they still get a check/deposit and then just owe it next year... or do they just not get it at all?

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a problem with mine... I got $1200 for me, $500 for my son... and $1200 for my wife who passed away this last year. Does anyone have any recommendation for what I should do? I'll probably just sit on it for a while because I don't want to deal with the long phone calls or anything for now, but eventually it probably needs to be fixed.

You'll have to account for that when you file your 2020 taxes in 2021.You'll add it back into your tax liability.

nonuser

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently they also can't determine my eligibility.
I haven't filed for 2019 taxes, but I did file my 2018 tax back in March, 2019.

Meet the income criteria, not being claimed by anyone else. I don't need the money ASAP, but it would be nice to at least receive it.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
For those who are getting "cannot determine your eligibility" from the "Get My Payment" page: Has the IRS approved your taxes yet? It looks like that may be the reason.

Yup. I haven't done 2019 yet, but did do 2018.

Hadn't gotten mine and decided to check the web site and I guess if you owe, even though I had them take it directly from my bank account (and therefore supplied my account number and routing), that wasn't good enough for them to count as having the info they need, so had to enter it and I guess I'll get the refund whenever. Not hurting for it, so no biggie.

Bet this is what is happening with me.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018
I'm actually surprised at the statistics on # people getting checks or DD.....i would assume that majority of americans would just choose DD on taxes, was surprised

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Checked my 2018 and 2019 and I claimed my 3 year old son as a dependent on both so I don't understand why I didn't get the additional $500 per child. I am lost on what to do because I can't even call IRS to see what happened. Any suggestions?

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
For those who are getting "cannot determine your eligibility" from the "Get My Payment" page: Has the IRS approved your taxes yet? It looks like that may be the reason.
Yes, I owed both in 2018 and 2019. I finished my 2019 return on Apr 8th, and both my state and federal returns was accepted and the money I owed was taken out of my bank account via direct deposit on Apr 10th. I used Tax Slayer since 2016 to file.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Received 3400 this morning, but that's just going to offset my wife being cut down to 10 hours a week at her firm, especially if the PPP runs outta money shortly

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently they also can't determine my eligibility.
I haven't filed for 2019 taxes, but I did file my 2018 tax back in March, 2019.

Meet the income criteria, not being claimed by anyone else. I don't need the money ASAP, but it would be nice to at least receive it.
Yup, that's the exact same situation for me as well. It's frustrating as my wife is currently furloughed so this was meant to fill in that void.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Haven't got mine, I get "Payment Status not Available" when I check on the get my payment IRS page.

This was my first year doing my taxes so I checked the box that said "Someone can claim you as dependent" since I wasn't sure what it meant. No one has actually claimed me but i feel like that's gonna screw me over anyways.

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
I guess this is why i didn't get mine:

"I made an electronic payment from my bank account to the IRS (includes a Direct Debit Installment Agreement (DDIA)). Will my payment be direct deposited to the same account? Can I use Get My Payment to provide my bank account information?

The account information used to make an electronic payment to the IRS cannot be used as the account information for the direct deposit of your payment. If we do not have bank account information for you and your payment has not been processed yet, Get My Payment will allow you to submit your bank account information once you have properly verified your identity so that you can get your EIP via direct deposit. Otherwise, we will mail your payment to address we have on file for you."

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

Which seems like such crap. Why wouldn't they just that account?? They already take money from it.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Well great, while I put the correct bank information in, I accidentally didn't realize that, in tabbing around, I accidentally set it to say it was a savings account instead of a checking account, so I guess I get to worry about that causing things to not go through and us having to wait for a paper check.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I guess this is why i didn't get mine:

"I made an electronic payment from my bank account to the IRS (includes a Direct Debit Installment Agreement (DDIA)). Will my payment be direct deposited to the same account? Can I use Get My Payment to provide my bank account information?

The account information used to make an electronic payment to the IRS cannot be used as the account information for the direct deposit of your payment. If we do not have bank account information for you and your payment has not been processed yet, Get My Payment will allow you to submit your bank account information once you have properly verified your identity so that you can get your EIP via direct deposit. Otherwise, we will mail your payment to address we have on file for you."

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

Which seems like such crap. Why wouldn't they just that account?? They already take money from it.
1. This is such bullshit IRS, if you have my info from taking my goddamn money you should be able to put that money back in
2. Why the fuck didn't you get the website up weeks ago so we could tell you our bank information if this was the case

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
1. This is such bullshit IRS, if you have my info from taking my goddamn money you should be able to put that money back in
2. Why the fuck didn't you get the website up weeks ago so we could tell you our bank information if this was the case

Yeah, i don't get it. I mean, when i filed, i filed a 9465 Form (Installment Agreement) with my 1040. The 9465 had my banking account info. Why wasn't that enough? I authorized them a direct deposit with them, but i guess it's fine to use it to take my money, but not give it.

I wish i had known that weeks ago, maybe i could have called them to have change it. They should have had this site up weeks ago, or at least a hotline or something to change it.

Now, i have to wait till tomorrow and hope i can get through to the Get my payment without an error, or wait until Late april/early may for a check.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in the same boat as the rest of you guys. I'm in a group text with my siblings and everybody is reporting in that they got paid except me. So my older sister did a bit of investigating and found out why I didn't get paid and told me about it and what to do.

So I'm asking the same question, why wasn't this clarified weeks ago? I kept checking my account to see if it came in only to finally realize it was never coming until I gave them my bank info. It would have been nice to put that in big bold letters so that we would've known before. But like the rest of you guys, I filed and owed so I thought I was good.

Last edited:

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
So, if I owed money federally, but going through the Get My Payment portal tells me that it can't determine my current payment status, does it expect me to use the portal that non-filers provide info through? I have no idea what to do in this scenario. I've owed federally in 2018 and 2019, and didn't get a deposit today.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
I'm in the same boat as the rest of you guys. I'm in a group text with my siblings and everybody is reporting in that they got paid except me. So my older sister did a bit of investigating and found out why I didn't get paid and told me about it and what to do.

So I'm asking the same question, why wasn't this clarified weeks ago? I kept checking my account to see if it came in only to finally realize it was never coming until I gave them my bank info. It would have been nice to put that in big bold letters so that we would've known before. But like the rest of you guys, I filed and owed so I was good.
How do you give them your account info? I can't access the Get My Payment page and when I do it just says "Payment Status Not Available"

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
How do you give them your account info? I can't access the Get My Payment page and when I do it just says "Payment Status Not Available"

Sorry but I'm not sure. I used the same page and it didn't give me any trouble. I went there, gave them my info like name, SSN, and address. After that I went to anther page that asked for stuff like how much i made last year and my bank info. After that it said I was eligible for a a refund and I was done.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The website says "We cannot determine your payment status at this time."

Which is nonsense; I filed a 2018 return and I'm perfectly eligible.

Sigh.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it got deposited Wednesday morning. I went out and bought $200 worth of groceries with it and the rest is going towards bills/savings.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
The website says "We cannot determine your payment status at this time."

Which is nonsense; I filed a 2018 return and I'm perfectly eligible.

Sigh.
Same thing for my mom. She's going to owe tax for 2019 when she files that return and wants to be able to apply some of this stimulus towards that...