• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
So, I've been struggling with writing a decent comparative essay for over 3 months now and just can't get to seem to get it done properly, no matter how many attempts I undertake. It's been a real pain in the ass assignment and basically the last part of an overall assignment that is keeping me from finishing a 4 (now 5) year study. The fact that I already have a job through my internship last year and the assignment not really having anything to do with it isn't helping either.

Now I'm planning to take another shot at the essay this weekend, but if that doesn't work I have no idea how to continue. When I had to write my research paper last year I ended up hiring one of those internet businesses that check your paper on spelling and things like that. However, I've also heard that there are businesses that offer to write complete essays.

Does anyone here have any experience with such companies, and if so which one do you recommend? I really just want to get this assignment over with and I've reached the point where I'm willing to pay the money if it helps.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
How could you guarantee that it'll be good? I wouldn't want to risk waisting money on something like that

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
an* essay writing

So, I've been struggling with writing a decent comparative essay for over 3 months now and just can't get to seem to get it done properly, no matter how many attempts I undertake. It's been a real pain in the ass assignment and basically the last part of an overall assignment that is keeping me from finishing a 4 (now 5) year study. The fact that I already have a job through my internship last year and the assignment not really having anything to do with it isn't helping either.

Now I'm planning to take another shot at the essay this weekend, but if that doesn't work I have no idea how to continue. When I had to write my research paper last year I ended up hiring one of those internet businesses that check your paper on spelling and things like that. However, I've also heard that there are businesses that offer to write complete essays.

Does anyone here have any experience with such companies, and if so which one do you recommend? I really just want to get this assignment over with and I've reached the point where I'm willing to pay the money if it helps.
In this case, hiring someone to do your essay for you (arguably even just getting a grammar check) is pretty clearly fraudulent and an incredible academic offense that can and will irreversibly stain your academic reputation and credibility, to the point where even if you did get away with it now, it would lead to a revocation of your entire degree (assuming you're writing this for education) if it ever came to light.

Don't be an asshole, don't be an idiot, do not fucking do it.

Frankly, I am quite appalled that you're even considering it.

e: I'm pretty sure your (prospective?) employer would not be happy to know that you're willing to cheat on work you decide to do, either.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah but didnt submit it.

Wanted to see how good it was and if it would be something I submit. (Uni stress is a bitch)

It was not.

I'd be concerned for anyone submitting something from these services without going over the final product with a fine tooth comb.

Ultimately, I believe it's better to submit your own work that you think isn't good enough rather than submit something a service thinks is good enough.

Reflecting on Uni, I was always highly critical of my essays and thought they were sub par but my marks indicated otherwise. We're always our own harshest critics.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, I procrastinated and slammed out an 51 page sloppy masterpiece in the 11th hour like everyone else.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
No lie but I found one of my forum posts on an essay site before. It was a very long post I made about hip hop and crime of the 90s. Seeing it for sale was both infuriating and hilarious.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Was talking to these girls at the pool and their company just rented them the apt for the month so they could sling essay for hire at the nearest University. Never knew it got that big.

OP
OP
Raxious

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be too worried with the plagiarism tech that I would somehow be caught.
I'd still take a look at it and use it as a basis and rewrite it in my own words.

I hope you get caught.
ok, thanks.

Soooo... why can't you just do the assignment taking into account feedback?
Because the feedback I received when I handed in the entire document was crap. The other essays and such were fine, but this one was deemed not good enough. That's all the feedback I received. When I asked for more detailed information as to why it wasn't good enough, I was simply told that I should take another look at it.

How could you guarantee that it'll be good? I wouldn't want to risk waisting money on something like that
I can't, that's why I'm asking you guys ^^' This entire portfolio has been taking me almost 2 years to finish due to the amount of crap they are asking me to write. The major problem is that the assignments have literally nothing to do with the direction I'm heading with my job, even though the school happily says it does.

an* essay writing

In this case, hiring someone to do your essay for you (arguably even just getting a grammar check) is pretty clearly fraudulent and an incredible academic offense that can and will irreversibly stain your academic reputation and credibility, to the point where even if you did get away with it now, it would lead to a revocation of your entire degree (assuming you're writing this for education) if it ever came to light.

Don't be an asshole, don't be an idiot, do not fucking do it.

Frankly, I am quite appalled that you're even considering it.

e: I'm pretty sure your (prospective?) employer would not be happy to know that you're willing to cheat on work you decide to do, either.
Quite honestly, my boss has read the feedback I received and had a look at the assignment. She though it was a ridiculous assignment as well.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
You don't seem to understand the gravity of what you are intending to do. I recommend you review your institution's policy on plagiarism/academic dishonesty. You should absolutely not buy an essay. If you are desperate to pass, consult your faculty in-person and ask how you can improve.

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
No lie but I found one of my forum posts on an essay site before. It was a very long post I made about hip hop and crime of the 90s. Seeing it for sale was both infuriating and hilarious.

Heh, how much was it worth?

Actually considering the way the TOS on some forums are worded (Probably here as well), Any post you make on the forum would belong to the operators of the forum and they might be allowed to sell it. I don't know how well that would stand in court, but they may have had some legal right to sell it if they purchased it from the forum operator.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Quite honestly, my boss has read the feedback I received and had a look at the assignment. She though it was a ridiculous assignment as well.
Did you tell her about how you often think of cheating on assignments that you deem ridiculous or how you plan to delegate your work to others and then claim their work as your own?

Oct 25, 2017
i'm all for team write this really fast:

I once wrote and edited a 3000+ word paper in a 13 hour session as i had no time remaining and had already exhausted my previous extension

it was awful

my professor said it sucked

i crashed hard 10 hours in

he gave me a pity C+ and I'm still so proud of him.

---

on the topic of the actual issue at hand: please don't commit academic misconduct, if I could submit an awful paper in 13 hours and end up with a pretty good mark (B+) at the end of the course, you can too.

Amathene

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just go through it bro. 5 years down the road you won't even be thinking about this essay.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
You cheated not only the game degree, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Your school probably has a writing center. Go there. Get actual help.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You cheated not only the game degree, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.
I hope this was just said in good humor but in case you're trying to draw a serious comparison between gamer elitism and cheating your way to a degree, please don't.

May 15, 2018
Denmark
Because the feedback I received when I handed in the entire document was crap. The other essays and such were fine, but this one was deemed not good enough. That's all the feedback I received. When I asked for more detailed information as to why it wasn't good enough, I was simply told that I should take another look at it.
Hire someone to give you better feedback. Then try again.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never used one in high school or university and never considered it. Writing essays was actually one of my favourite forms of assignments to work on. I enjoyed it.

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
Don't cheat.

A bad mark isn't the end of the world. Plagiarism would likely get you kicked off your course.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Did you tell her about how you often think of cheating on assignments that you deem ridiculous or how you plan to delegate your work to others and then claim their work as your own?

This. OP doesn't seem to see the lesson in finishing a tough task they don't particularly enjoy. The casual attitude towards cheating always amazes me.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
You sound like you're trying to justify your cheating as if it's the only option you have with this "well, the feedback I got was bad".

Grow a spine and put in the actual work.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I AM the essay writing service.

Just write the essay, get some help from a writing center if need be..

Oct 27, 2017
How long is this essay meant to be? I don't understand not being able to write something in three months.

Also, it's fairly likely that all written work is filtered through anti-plagarism software. Do you trust some random internet essay company to write a completely original piece of work for you?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Nope.

I mean, how hard can it be? You can express yourself in writing as evidenced by this thread. Why not post a google doc version and share here for advice?

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You gotta ask for help. Does your school have a Writing Center or a place in the library that helps students research? Is there *some* faculty there that is knowledgeable about your subject that you can just pester them for ideas?

Tell your professor straight up, exactly what you told us about your struggle (minus the part about plagiarism) perhaps. People who are academics have probably been in your position a hundred times. You might think it will be embarrassing to do that, but you're in dire straits now and you have to take a measure you aren't completely comfortable with.

Cilla

Oct 29, 2017
Queensland, Australia
No and I hope that you get caught if you do.

University is hard. I know. I work my butt off to get my assignments in. Sometimes I cry over them but they get done. I survive through low income, being a single parent to a toddler, some pretty intense subjects, prac and an auto-immune disease and I still get my essays in.

It would be frustrating to know that someone else farted around and passed. At the end of the day though it only hinders yourself.

However, if I was to use one which I never would. I would be worried they would sell you one they had already written for someone else. How would you know anyway? Lol.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
A comparative essay? List similarities and differences, take each comparison and turn them into paragraphs. You said it yourself, you've already got the job. It's not like it needs to be particularly good.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
You already have a job lined up. No need to write the best essay in the world. Finish it, take the hit for being a bit sloppy if you must but do your own work and you will have a clear conscience without risking your 5 year course on an essay writing slump. I'm hoping the grading isn't at a point where you need some hard to reach score to pass. If so then speak to your supervisor or lecturer or whatever about your situation. Request an extension if you need. People ask for extensions all the time, they don't always get it but if you're on the last legs of your degree and been a student without any trouble most staff want to see you pass. In your case you can even bring in your current work to show you have been attempting to make progress.

People struggle, this is common. How they handle the situation is important. You will be taking a huge risk using a service that violates your school's rules. You're almost there. You can do it!

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
If one of my students was struggling with an essay, and asked for help, I'd go out of my way to provide as much assistance as I could. The faculty and library also has staff just for this purpose.

However, if a student tried to defraud me, submitting others work as their own, I would go out of my way to have them removed. Don't do it.

And once you submit, you may get away with it until the person writing the essay gets lazy, and uses paragraphs from "your essay" again. Software like Turnitin would pick this up in seconds.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
No. Seriously OP, don't even think about cheating on an essay, the consequences are not worth it. Just go to your school's writing help center if you want feedback and ask your professor for an extension if you need one. Just don't cheat and have someone else write it for you.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It's cliche but the person you'll be cheating the most is yourself. You're paying for the education, get the most out of it you can.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend who did, apparently. I only found out because one of the top search results for his name on Google was an essay writing service showing an "example" of their work with his name, university, and course name still attached. Oops.

OP
OP
Raxious

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
How long is this essay meant to be? I don't understand not being able to write something in three months.

Also, it's fairly likely that all written work is filtered through anti-plagarism software. Do you trust some random internet essay company to write a completely original piece of work for you?
It needs to be a 1,5 - 2 pages long. The main problem is that I make the comparisons but it's simply not accepted by the teacher. Also, it's not like I haven't written anything over the past three months, the issue is that I've done so multiple times but I keep coming back to the same points.

Nope.

I mean, how hard can it be? You can express yourself in writing as evidenced by this thread. Why not post a google doc version and share here for advice?
I might do that, I'll even include some of the notes I've been writing down this morning.

As I said, the whole writing service isn't something that is my preferred way of finishing off this assignment, I've just reached the point where this whole freakin assignment is causing me a whole bunch of stress and frustration. It's the final part of a 7 part portfolio that needs to be done, I've been sitting down with a colleague of mine last week and thanks to his help I was able to rewrite another essay completely, but even he has no clue how do get this last one done properly. :(

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It needs to be a 1,5 - 2 pages long. The main problem is that I make the comparisons but it's simply not accepted by the teacher. Also, it's not like I haven't written anything over the past three months, the issue is that I've done so multiple times but I keep coming back to the same points.

I might do that, I'll even include some of the notes I've been writing down this morning.

As I said, the whole writing service isn't something that is my preferred way of finishing off this assignment, I've just reached the point where this whole freakin assignment is causing me a whole bunch of stress and frustration. It's the final part of a 7 part portfolio that needs to be done, I've been sitting down with a colleague of mine last week and thanks to his help I was able to rewrite another essay completely, but even he has no clue how do get this last one done properly. :(
You gotta remember that professional writers have editors. These are the best at their craft and they do it constantly. Moreover, professional writers also meticulously edit their work themselves.

You're looking at the feedback as a bad thing, when it's only making you better. Yeah, I get wanting to finish--but like you said, you have a job already. Your stakes are lower.

Also, when you get feedback and don't understand the nature of that feedback, push back and ask questions. Keep asking questions until the feedback is crystal clear. Use office hours.

You gotta be more aggressive, man. This is a good lesson in patience and perseverance for you.

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
we can help you out. why don't you write a summary of your ideas that you've had so far and put it in a google doc for us to look at. someone here is bound to be an expert

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
If you can't write at least a passing essay, you probably don't deserve to pass the class. Instead of bringing it up with your boss, your first step should've been office hours with the professor who failed you the first time, and a long discussion on what they expect.

If there is too large a gap between your work and the purchased work, it will probably set off a few red flags.