• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
This is something I see all the time on TV or in films but is something that has never happened to be.
So have you ever felt this and if so what made you shed tears of joy.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really happiness, but when I go to drum corps shows in the summer I'll sometimes get wet eyes if I listen to the brass warm up in the lot. The raw decibels as a chord resolves just triggers something in my brain. I don't get full tears, but there is definitely a reaction.

Other than that I haven't cried since I was a young child. It's like I'm incapable of doing it, even if it's appropriate and I really want to.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like most crying is from complex, overwhelming emotions moreso than just simply being "happy" or "sad".

Dec 22, 2017
I saw a rainbow so beautiful I had to pull over on I-5 to look at it. A dozen or so other people had the same idea, and we all stood there crying and smiling at how amazing it was. A truly special moment.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
i dont think its the same thing u are defining, but sometimes after a super long exhausting day; when I am finally able to lay down in bed, I get some weird happy crying going on from being so glad its all over. Ive never just started crying from seeing something joyous happening though

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
The birth of my son has been the latest, I think.

Not sure if many people here can relate at all, but I have cried of joy (maybe call it a moment of bliss) multiple times during my life as a follower of Christ.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah dude
I cry at weddings
I cry when a song hits me just right
sometimes my eyes water when i leave work and it's just a really nice beautiful day outside

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
All the time. I cry way more from happiness than sadness. Usually movies, sometimes a moving live performance. I can watch something like American Idol or one of those shows and see things go really well for somebody and I'll cry. I probably cry anytime I see the GT reaction to the year of dreams Sony announcements.

I'll also cry from pure passion. Like giving an emotive empowering speech. Tears come really easy for me, but very rarely from sadness.

I saw a rainbow so beautiful I had to pull over on I-5 to look at it. A dozen or so other people had the same idea, and we all stood there crying and smiling at how amazing it was. A truly special moment.

This is absolutely great. I would have totally done the same.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
One time I laughed so hard I peed my pants downtown then everyone laughed so hard at me peeing my pants they all started crying. It was more funny tears then happy but still everyone was pretty happy.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Yes when my VA percentage was revealed to me , probably one of the happiest moments in my life considering my circumstances.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Yep, I'm pretty sure I cried when I got married. Even though I'm no longer with that person it was by far the best day of my life lol. Also when watching endgame I almost cried when falcon and everyone showed up! Pretty embarrassing. But the MCU is one of my favorite movie series of all time and I grew up reading comics.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Sadly, no I can't recall one time where I've been that happy. I just haven't had anything special happen in my life.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I cry all the time. TV shows, concerts, video games, weddings, just talking with my girlfriend, you name it.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Years back when I finally found the courage going to the dentist after years of avoiding it fearing the absolute worst only to find out my teeth were in great condition, just needed cleaning. I broke out in fucking tears. Never more since then, but I do know exactly what would bring out the happy tears in me a new.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
I can tear up at a really great song or movie sometimes for sure, but I don't think I've ever cried because something so good happened to me that it brought me to tears.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Yup.

I've cried of sadness, of laughter, from relief, from exhaustion, and from happiness.

Crying is basically the physical manifestiation of "peak emotion".

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Uhhh... I cried after seeing my family after almost 2 years of being abroad.
Can't think of anything else in recent memory.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I cried while watching the last few episodes of Baker King (Bread, Love and Dreams)

I think I cried during the ending of Coco as well.