• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I was very successful in arena in WOTLK in Europes biggest server-pool, in particular, 3vs3. Inventor of wizard-cleave and such.

Oct 27, 2017
Back on Rock Band Blitz I was able to get top 10 on a few songs. I would usually pound away at them until I was at least in top 50-100

Not as high but on Forza Horizon 3/4 I'm in top 1% for good number of drift zones.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I was in the top 20 or so in Brutal Legend online, that made me feel pretty good though only about 80 people were playing it.

SmartBase

Self-requested ban
Dec 17, 2017
There were a few levels in Perfect Dark Zero where my top scores were in the top 100.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
I was number 3 in South Africa and in the top 100 world rankings for Battlefield 3

I played it a lot in university

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I was number 1 on a few Thumper levels and number 3 best overall score in the game for a few days during release week on PC. The person in 2nd had double the hours I played, and the number one person was an alpha or beta tester who had access to the game much longer. So I figured that'd be a good place to stop.

I was also number 1 overall on Super Time Force on 360 for a couple days just after release.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
No.1 of team Finland in Let It Die.

Kewa4cF.jpg

In the top 100 of Global Resistance. that was a free-to-play browser game that heralded Resistance 3.

vvYlEAb.jpg

Deleted member 7948

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was the highest level Paladin of my server in Tibia (and second highest level overall).
Top 30 on the US East ladder in Warcraft III 4v4.
And top 1% in Dota 2.

Oct 27, 2017
A group of people I know had the #1 score in a few songs on Rock Band Beatles on PS3 years ago. I'm also in the top 1% of players on Amplitude PS4.

Himura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime there's online leaderboard and I try to access it, it just says unavailable

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
The Double Parking race on GTA V (360). Whilst everyone tryna power level to 100 at the time was grinding the prison race. My friends and I discovered that this race would boost you 2 levels minimum regardless of your level if you set it two a 2 lap race.

We knew the map like the back of our hands and would switch it to rally mode if randoms joined lol.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Not on a "board" per se. But for whatever reason I was incredibly good at CoD III on 360.

I would almost always get at least 3 times as many kills than the next highest person. Many times more than that.

The matches in CoD III were like an hour long. So I'd get like 300 kills and 10 deaths regularly.

Kar98, no scope needed. The controls just absolutely clicked with me. Never felt more in control of a shooter, even after long ago moving to PC.

I would get clan invites after almost every game. I finally accepted a "try out" from one. It was a free for all with me and 5 of these clan members. I beat them so badly they kicked me. LMAO.

I really miss that game, despite it being one of the least played in the series.

So although there wasn't really a board, Im pretty confident I was up there with the best.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
At one time I was near the top of NHL 3 on 3 Arcade. I thought I played a lot, but the people at the top seemed to play it all day and all night.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood at one point on 360.

FFXIV Secure PVP as my Bard, Excalibur adders destroyed the Primal data center any time we queued in numbers.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I got to about 500th for time on FNG in MWR. That was pretty tough and there were hundreds of thousands of entries on the leaderboard, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Possibly doesn't count but I've been #1 in the mobile game QuizUp for The Simpsons category. I have a shamefully large knowledge of the first ~15 series of The Simpsons.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I got into the 15th or so place (can't remember exactly, it was the upper teens) on Myth II ranked back in the day, that's about the highest outside of local arcade rankings for some games I played in the arcade.

One of my luckiest feats was that I was the first person to make an Iksar (on Fennin Ro) from the first EQ expansion, the Ruins of Kunark, back in the day, as soon as I got in game I got a huge amount of people messaging me and congratulating me and everything as soon as I spawned into the game.

Then I watched as a ton of people completely leveled up way past me because I was in no way a hardcore player lol.

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Was in the top 5 for FaeVerse Alchemy on Kongregate for nearly a year and a half until the Steam version was released.

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
I want to say for a while I was in the Top 50 for Pac Man Championship Edition DX. Nothing too wild, closer to 50 than 1, but it made me happy at the time.

Applesaucejaxon

Uncle actually worked at Nintendo
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I remember being pretty high on the leaderboard for Space Invaders Infinity Gene on the PS3 back in the day. Loved that game, but I think I topped out ~300 or so before I moved on to something different.
I had the top score on Super Dodge Ball at my local retro arcade. I haven't been there in a few years, so I'm sure my score is obliterated at this point.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
If we're talking trophies, I was #1 to platinum God of War, Ni no Kuni 2, and a few others.

Leaderboards, I think I had a couple of stage high scores in Ghost Squad for the Wii and Motorstorm RC for a while.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I was #4 in the world on the most popular Counter Strike Source zombie escape server back in the day. That was a ton of fun putting hundreds of hours into that mode.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can consistently get in the top 100 in madden if I wanted to. I have been number 1 in like madden 12 for a few days

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Killzone 2 when it still was a thing reached elite top 20 if my memory don't fail me.

Dernus

Oct 27, 2017
At the start of rock band 3 for pro drums I was #1 on the leaderboards for the on disc songs as a whole under the Vildiil gamertag for a month or so, but once people started fcing the really hard to fc songs I slipped down a bit. I believe I'm still quite high overall for The Beatles rock band game on drums as well as I fced almost the whole game with #1 positions on those songs.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I used the clumsy official website scoreboard to be in the top 50 of Cosmic Smash on Dreamcast. Unfortunately there was a huge bonus for doing a perfect smash on every stage, which I never managed.

Any other Cosmic Smash charters? Anyone?

I just remembered that I wrote a lengthy review for this game for Segaweb back in the day.

Last edited:

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Me and my friend was the #1 in Coop of all reviewers of Dead Nation for a couple of days.

I wasone of the best players in Killzone 2 and Killzone Shadow Fall. Never fancied 3 as much.

Other than that I have been good at some games. Diamond league in SC2 for example. But never top of the best.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Under my edotbrock gamertag on Xbox 360, I was consistently in the Top Ten Weekly 40 Lines mode in Tetris Splash.

I'm still in the top 100 for fastest time that mode, though I am no good at head to head against some of the much better players.

I consistently say that I am mid tier at best in Tetris, even though I have been playing for almost 30 years, LITERALLY.

MPrza

Oct 30, 2017
Was top 20 in survival mode of super stardust for a long time until they opened the floodgates to ps plus users. Top 100 in arcade mode as well.

I vaguely recall being pretty high up in unreal tournament leaderboards for the Dreamcast as well but that was almost 20 years ago. Everyone used to want me in their clan lol. I used to be one of those kids that laid the smackdown on grown men.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
My brother reached top 10 in SF: Anniversary for Xbox and latter HDRemix on 360.

His Vega was (is) an infuriating nightmare that generated more salt than the Khewra salt mines. Specially on the lag-tascic SFA. Imagine trying to react to something like this with 20 frames of input delay.

IOnEI Falcon

Oct 27, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Got to top 20 for Perfect Dark Zero in the Killcount leaderboard and then was in the top 10 for PD XBLA for overall points accumulated. Love both games to bits!

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I beat the number one player in Trackmania 2 Stadium in a race a few years ago... Probably will never do something like that again.

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
Back in the BC and WOTLK days for WoW I had some of the top combat logs in the world for the 2 characters I mained.

I also have a couple games where I was among the first in the world to platinum them.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
My brother and I were like the number 6 for 2 player Pixeljunk Eden. My user name was MyNameIsJake. We liked the game so much we made a new account and beat that high score with the user name NoMyNameIsJake.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The weekly leaderboard for Killzone 2, I was quite high on the SOCOM 2 leaderboards, I had the top score on an Arkham City combat map for awhile, and I think that's about it.

Oct 28, 2017
A few times for some small indie games on Vita. Short lived each time. I was top on Big Sky Infinity, TxK, OlliOlli 1 and 2. I imagine I'm absolutely nowhere on those games now though.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Used to play in a top5 guild in WoW, had world first logs on a ton of bosses during my time with the game

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
Not really like a leaderboards for the whole game, but I had multiple servers on Day of Defeat: Source and Insurgency where I was ranked within the top 10.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
I was top 50 for global stars in Super Mario Maker at one point. And I've finished a few months of Hearthstone at the high legend ranks.