• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yes THAT Hatsune Miku! The creator of Minecraft (she made it in space ofc)!

Update: trailer added!

Will release in 2020 in Japan! More info via Gematsu:

D-ZlFaKWkAYyZGz

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Mega39's is a rhythm game featuring 101 songs (100 songs from the history of the series, including newly recorded songs plus the game's newly written theme song), over 300 modules (costumes), and new game modes made specifically for Switch (details to be announced at a later date). 3D character models have also been updated with an anime-style touch.

Confirmed songs include "Decorator" by Kz, "Odds & Ends" by Ryo, "Rolling Girl" by Wowaka, "Alien Alien" by Nayutan Seijin, and "39 Music!" by Mikito-P. The latter two songs are two of 10 newly recorded songs appearing for the first time in Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Mega39's.

The 10 new songs will also be available as DLC for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone/Future Tone DX on PS4.

Also of note for PS4 owners:
The 10 new songs included in Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Mega39's will also be available for the PlayStation 4 title Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone / Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX as a paid downloadable content set in 2020. More information will be announced at a later date.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Nice! Love me some more Hatsune Miku, inventor of Minecraft.

And oh man, it will be hard to play Wowaka's song. Rest in peace, man :(

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Alien alien!!!!!! Finally

I'm so giddy right now, I never expected this announcement outta nowhere 😭😭. Can't wait for localisation news

I'll be sure to grab the new songs when they hit FT and the English swithc version whenever it comes out.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Also of note for PS4 owners:

The 10 new songs included in Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Mega39's will also be available for the PlayStation 4 title Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone / Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX as a paid downloadable content set in 2020. More information will be announced at a later date.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, hell yeah, on the other, I wish this played like the console PD games and not like Arcade :(

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Something is fucky about this math. 100 old songs and 1 new but then later says "the 10 new songs" are also coming to the ps4 game. So is there 1 new song or 10? It goes into a little more detail about the 10 so why does it open saying 100 songs from past games and 1 new?

Oct 26, 2017
YYYEEESSS!!! Also LOVE the new style! Always disliked the more "doll" like look of the Diva games and why I preferred the Mirai look. This is very nice! Though I do miss the Mirai Nendoroid designs, I hope they're included as an option.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This looks to be a straight port of FT with less songs, same controls, and touched up graphics. I'll pass (but for the love of god make those new models DLC for PS4 FT because I can't stand the regular style for FT)

Skrams

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I'll gladly get some more miku. Especially with Switch being the new portable pick up and play thing as opposed to the vita.

Also cute at it being pronounced as Mega Mix because Mikkusu being 39s. Hopefully it's just translated at that when it comes west side.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also CRYPTON PLEASE JUST BUY THE RIGHTS TO GUMI ALREADY FUCK she is long overdue a proper Diva game appearance.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Two things:

- The title is meant to be read as Project DIVA MegaMix (39's = mi-ku-su somehow).

- Only ten new songs is a pass for me, until a sale comes. I'll gladly buy the DLC songs for Future Tone, though.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I hope one day some kind soul out there ports IA/VT Colorful to PS4 (and localizes it).

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope those screenshots of gameplay are not final. You can't just replace the PlayStation symbols with Switch button letters and call it a day. It looks completely incomprehensible.

I'm glad to have something new, but if the PS symbols aren't going to be available then I'd rather this come with a complete UI revamp. Like I've said in other threads, I wouldn't mind if they used Project mirai 2/DX's system for this.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I wonder what the new game modes will be. Would be cool to get a two different styles of play like Project Mirai.

TruSpindash

Oct 27, 2017
I was just thinking about how its been a minute since the last game. Glad to see the franchise is still alive, love the new graphic style.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If it was just Future Sounds with Diva controls I'd probably think about getting this.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
You probably want to research this independently as it's veering very far off topic (to the point I'd rather the OP not have made the joke) but he's the alt right incel that made a fortune by selling the rights to Minecraft to Microsoft. The result has been attempts by the internet to jokingly attribute his contributions to things that obviously couldn't have done it rather than put themselves in a position to owe him something.

Oct 26, 2017
So what are folks thoughts on the song count? Future Tone has well over 200 songs and counting, but is 101 normal for a standard entry? The original on PCP started with 30 it seemed.

Also I found other examples of Miku in 3D games:

Aikatsu:

CS23o2-U8AACzD_.png

PriPara:

maxresdefault.jpg

I think she looks better in these, preferably the PriPara one. Wish they made her look like the 2D art in the main games. Still, the cel-shading is a fair compromise.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
So what are folks thoughts on the song count? Future Tone has well over 200 songs and counting, but is 101 normal for a standard entry? The original on PCP started with 30 it seemed.

Also I found other examples of Miku in 3D games:

Aikatsu:

CS23o2-U8AACzD_.png

PriPara:

maxresdefault.jpg

I think she looks better in these, preferably the PriPara one. Wish they made her look like the 2D art in the main games. Still, the cel-shading is a fair compromise.
101, like Future Tone's 230+ and counting, is unheard of for an initial title, but in both cases they are almost exclusively using songs that have been available on other platforms for quite some time. (The other larger than normal title, DIVA F 2nd, also uses older songs to pad the count.) They are definitely more greatest hits collection rather than new title.

Both of your examples here are Miku being adapted to fit an alternate, existing art style. I can't say I like either of them; they're too much a departure from the original design.

mute

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Bout time we got some Miku on switch.

Hope it plays ok on those asymmetric buttons :p

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Massive oof, not a fan of the button prompts at all. Hopefully you can change it to arrows like Project Mirai. Will 100% be picking it up regardless.

HatsuneMiku-Project-Diva-Mega39s_2019_07-01-19_003_600.jpg

YYYEEESSS!!! Also LOVE the new style! Always disliked the more "doll" like look of the Diva games and why I preferred the Mirai look. This is very nice! Though I do miss the Mirai Nendoroid designs, I hope they're included as an option.
I mean, Mirai's style was literally Nendoroid dolls, but okay.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
You probably want to research this independently as it's veering very far off topic (to the point I'd rather the OP not have made the joke) but he's the alt right incel that made a fortune by selling the rights to Minecraft to Microsoft. The result has been attempts by the internet to jokingly attribute his contributions to things that obviously couldn't have done it rather than put themselves in a position to owe him something.

thatsthejoke.jpg and all that.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm, maybe I'll jump back in with this one.

I imported all the PSP ones but fell off after importing F for PS3. If I'd already had a Vita then, I'd probably have kept up with it. Always meant to start playing them again, but...

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
thatsthejoke.jpg and all that.
Your post looked like you actually didn't know. Sorry for assuming you needed help with something.

I honestly dislike the joke. It's impossible to know who is "in" on it and playing along and who is genuinely confused by it, and in either case it just distracts from the actual topic of discussion.