• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Trump really can't grasp the idea that people didn't vote for Biden they voted to get him the fuck out.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing too many people don't get. We are already past the PONR here. No going back, which is why there has been fuck all in terms of prosecutions for political crimes. There are literally months left and far too much work to do to change the court of public opinion. The gig is up, we already know the playbook but there is little that will be done at this point to stem the tide barring some massive unpredictable sway in public opinion. Most folks do not know what has happened in the last year.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like do Liberals even care ..
this is just absurd

Democrat party trying to be patriotic is not what people care about or want, lol what a day

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cruz said his comments yesterday about it being terrorism were careless.

Keep in mind Cruz's tweets about it being a terrorist attack that he posted nearly a year ago are still up:

What a slimy caricature of a man.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine future generations going through the Trump Death Cult chapter in their history books.

We're past the point of no return, Republicans will crush on the midterms and Trump or Trumpists will take over in 2024 either by winning or overturning the election. The history books will have glowing praise for Trump.

Trump showed the fascists the playbook for a successful coup but couldn't pull it off because Democrats controlled Congress and election officials refused to go along. Since that day, Republicans have executed flawlessly to remove the ability for those election officials to stand in their way and Democrats have done jack shit about it. Our democracy is already over bar some major miracle.

Last edited:

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
I remember listening to the speeches Roger Stone and Alex Jones were giving the night before and thinking "Shit is gonna go down". Thank god they're all incompetent and had no idea what to do once they broke in. Once that realization set in it became very funny.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I understand why they have to keep up the pageantry of "we're all fine here now, thank you! How are you?" going for the world and our voters to see, but it's extremely frustrating, as a person of color, to see congressional Dems maintaining this surface-level defensive decorum while the other side isn't being so nice about it.
The real joke will be when the Democrats are still doing this performative pageantry years after US democracy has failed and everyone outside of the US bubble is plainly aware of it. Their job at that point will be to maintain the fallacy of a functional democratic electoral system where none exists.

Like do Liberals even care ..
this is just absurd

Democrat party trying to be patriotic is not what people care about or want, lol what a day

Case in point.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Who is this vigil for even?
The dude who tased himself in the balls?
The cop who had a stroke the day after?
Ashli Babbitt?

Says this in the article.

Episcopal Bishop Michael Curry said a prayer for those who remain "traumatized" by that day's events, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi held a moment of silence for those who had fought to protect the Capitol and for those who had lost their lives.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
Is it wrong for me to say that this thread made me want to listen to the Hamilton soundtrack?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
lctO3Ft.png

Wasnt the FBI heavily involved in all this?
Did you do your own research by reading a Ben Garrison comic?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
What happened last year is really just the beginning, the GOP have doubled down and if/when they win in the midterms or in 2024 nothing will stop them this time, and sadly too many people will support them or passively stand by.

I really hope that people against the GOP are able to carry on fighting, and really show others that their way of life is the only one that will survive. Between the apocalyptic death cults, poor economic judgement, and arrogance, if they formed their own country it would become a third world state or worse in several years, and honestly it would be the best outcome rather than dragging innocents into their madness.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tarrio from the Proud Boys was an FBI informant and got arrested two days before the riot. They even said it was "an effort to preempt the events of January 6".

Of course that doesn't make them heavily involved. But they were aware of it and, like always, just let it happen.
This misunderstands their role, it was not the FBI's job to secure the capitol. They and other intelligence agencies predicted a high chance for a large, violent protest but the capitol police/DC police actively chose to ignore it and planned for the best case scenario. It also misunderstands Tarrio's role, he was not an informant for the Proud Boys, he had worked for the FBI on unrelated issues years before and had never been approached for information about domestic terrorism.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Didn't pay much attention to this yesterday, but Pelosi inviting Lin-Manuel Miranda to do a showtune is wildly goofy given how little of substance they've actually accomplished in response. Tone deaf, performative pablum. Should have stopped at the Biden speech, which was good.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
liberal fuck shits turning january 6th into a somber holiday about american exceptionalism is, I mean, it's the playbook

in case you needed any more warnings

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Calling me a trumper because I was asking somebody to make a thread because they let the evictions continue ? Wtf lol literally people on that thread didn't care even lots of people were affected by it.

I was actually a vote blue no matter what person but the Democrats have been all so disappointing. I guess I should have liked Hamilton or people will call you Trumpers, nice..

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How does this make him a Trumper? Am I missing something? Maybe he was derailing the thread, but he was pointing out inaction on the eviction moratorium.
You think that post was anyway sincere? For real? The guy went to the only active Trump thread at that time (about how the DoJ was pressured to say the election was corrupt) and tried to derail it with the eviction moratorium expiring. Trumpers from r/Conservative to Briebart were celebrating the expiration, and the dude went into that thread for the same reason. He could've posted in any other thread, but chose that one. And when he got called out on it, he accused other posters for not caring about homelessness. He was banned by the mods for good reason.

All his posts are low effort bait for a certain type of posters on this site.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Who is this vigil for even?
The dude who tased himself in the balls?
The cop who had a stroke the day after?
Ashli Babbitt?

In the days and weeks after the riot, five police officers who had served at the Capitol on Jan. 6 died.

www.nytimes.com

These Are the People Who Died in Connection With the Capitol Riot (Published 2022)

A bipartisan Senate report found that at least seven people had lost their lives in connection with the Jan. 6 attack.

Are we at the point where we are minimizing the Jan 6th impact? What is this

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How are Democrats so fucking incompetent...

It's staggering.
When are you unwilling to go after the people responsible to this shit, and I mean the people really responsible, not clowns like that dollar store jamiroquai, but the republican party, right wing media and social media, you are left with this kind of empty bullshit.
www.nytimes.com

These Are the People Who Died in Connection With the Capitol Riot (Published 2022)

A bipartisan Senate report found that at least seven people had lost their lives in connection with the Jan. 6 attack.

Are we at the point where we are minimizing the Jan 6th impact? What is this
So they're doing a vigil to a bunch of cops who died in unrelated circumstances. Neat.
It's fucking insane to me how the capitol police just let those maga dickheads walk into the capitol building, took selfies with them, arrested no one, and then Democratic party instead of firing all the leadership there and clean fucking house just game them medals, more budget, and I guess now we also do a memorial day for them.

Fuck everything about that.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
When are you unwilling to go after the people responsible to this shit, and I mean the people really responsible, not clowns like that dollar store jamiroquai, but the republican party, right wing media and social media, you are left with this kind of empty bullshit.

So they're doing a vigil to a bunch of cops who died in unrelated circumstances. Neat.
It's fucking insane to me how the capitol police just let those maga dickheads walk into the capitol building, took selfies with them, arrested no one, and then Democratic party instead of firing all the leadership there and clean fucking house just game them medals, more budget, and I guess now we also do a memorial day for them.

If you read through that and your conclusion is they died unrelated, then I don't know what to tell you.

I'll requote it in case you missed it the first time:

In the days and weeks after the riot, five police officers who had served at the Capitol on Jan. 6 died.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you read through that and your conclusion is they died unrelated, then I don't know what to tell you.
It's not my conclusion, it's the medical coroner conclusion.

U.S. Capitol police officer died of a stroke unrelated to Jan. 6 siege, says medical examiner
A U.S. Capitol police officer who was confronted by rioters during the Jan. 6 raid suffered a stroke and died from natural causes, the Washington, D.C., medical examiner's office ruled Monday, a finding that lessens the chances that anyone will be charged in his death.

The media wrote stories for about a month about he was murdered by a fire extinguisher and when it turns out that nah, he died of a stroke a day later the cops just lied about that, they moved to use weasel language like "was attacked by the mob, died on Jan. 7".

This is bullshit cop propaganda, they always do that crap when they fail, and the capitol police failed miserably on jan 6th, they let a bunch of unarmed clowns enter the capitol building, and it's not a mystery why it happened, it's because cops int he US are right wingers and a ton of them are very sympathic to the jan 6th people and their "cause". A ton of off duty cops in the rioters too.
Like we don't think BLM protesters would have got anywhere close to the capitol building, right?

And the answer the democrats has is to give them medals and more budget.

Last edited:

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Still crazy this happened on live TV and everyone basically went on with it without any consequences afterwards.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
It's not my conclusion, it's the medical coroner conclusion.

U.S. Capitol police officer died of a stroke unrelated to Jan. 6 siege, says medical examiner

The media wrote stories for about a month about he was murdered by a fire extinguisher and when it turns out that nah, he died of a stroke a day later the cops just lied about that, they moved to use weasel language like "was attacked by the mob, died on Jan. 7".

This is bullshit cop propaganda, they always do that crap when they fail, and the capitol police failed miserably on jan 6th, they let a bunch of unarmed clowns enter the capitol building, and it's not a mystery why it happened, it's because cops int he US are right wingers and a ton of them are very sympathic to the jan 6th people.
Like we don't think BLM protesters would have got anywhere close to the capitol building, right?

And the answer the democrats has is to give them medals and more budget.

This was your quote.

Now you are saying one of them is suspect.

Which, if you continued the quote from the NYT in full says this:

The Capitol Police had previously said that Officer Sicknick died from injuries sustained "while physically engaging with protesters." The Washington medical examiner later ruled that he had died of natural causes: multiple strokes that occurred hours after Officer Sicknick's confrontation with the mob. The medical examiner added, however, that "all that transpired played a role in his condition."

You're playing like this is all a facade. People died, including cops trying to protect the capitol. Because of Jan 6. That's a fact. Washing this like the dems are "vigil to nobody" is bullshit.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Imagine calling two suicides within days of a traumatic event as unrelated deaths, get a grip dude.

You can criticize the vigil without belittling the trauma that this terrorist attack inflicted on many of the officers who were left to try to stop it because of the incompetence of their superiors who showed no interest in caring for the safety of their workers.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017

Wow. What is wrong with you?

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You think that post was anyway sincere? For real? The guy went to the only active Trump thread at that time (about how the DoJ was pressured to say the election was corrupt) and tried to derail it with the eviction moratorium expiring. Trumpers from r/Conservative to Briebart were celebrating the expiration, and the dude went into that thread for the same reason. He could've posted in any other thread, but chose that one. And when he got called out on it, he accused other posters for not caring about homelessness. He was banned by the mods for good reason.

All his posts are low effort bait for a certain type of posters on this site.
The only active thread because I didn't know where to post it for help, I only lost thread making privileges because made fun of Mark Zuckerberg on the 4th of July last year.

How was I celebrating the expiration for the evictions? There literally wasn't a thread anywhere on Resetera about it, that's the reason that I believed it was important to make one. I used to be one of the top news people that would make threads on Resetera if you actually put effort in anything that you're trying to accuse me of. Just because I think Biden and the Democrat party is doing a shit job, that doesn't make you a trumper, like Jesus Christ.